Extra Easy Moving from the dark side!!

vadey

Silver Member
Hi all!!

Previously I have done Ww and about 4 years ago I did sw. I have decided to give sw another go. Trying to get my head round it. Trying to plan in my super foods into every meal!! My only concern is when I did it years ago I lost 4 pound in 4 week. Not huge amounts and I got disheartened and left, I don't think I did the super foods right. Anyhow, I'm back giving it a go. Is there any other people that's changed and what's your experiences been like?? Thank you please!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I did weight watchers years ago. I quite liked it at the time, but I did find it quite restrictive, I like being able to eat more and lose weight without being (too) hungry on slimming world. Good luck!

Spikeysaurus said:
I did weight watchers years ago. I quite liked it at the time, but I did find it quite restrictive, I like being able to eat more and lose weight without being (too) hungry on slimming world. Good luck!

I'm just freaking out about planning!!! Il get my head round it!! How have your losses been? X

You'll get into the swing of it pretty soon!

I've only been back at SW 2 weeks this time round, I did it last year in the run up to my wedding, then got pregnant and gained 4 stone. Oops. My losses are generally pretty slow, I'm a half pound a week girl, but that's ok for me, I'd love them to be higher but a loss is a loss, as long as it goes in the right direction I'm happy. Actually so far this time they've been a bit better, but 2 weeks isn't long enough to know how things will be when the initial loss settles.
i think the thing with SW is if you learn to adapt your eating you can actually stick with it for good, it lends itself to eating normal foods but done a bit healthier. For me WW was more of a diet, I couldn't see myself counting points forever and always weighing a potato before eating it, and I hated running out of points and being hungry at the end of the day!

Hello!

I've done WW before but I am doing so much better on SW. The first couple of weeks were really an education. Constantly checking Syn values & what's free/super free blah blah blah - but all if a sudden it clicked!

I am now very aware of trying to get Superfree food on my plate at every meal & drinking lots of water. Seems to be working. I'm never hungry & only occasionally I get a bit fed up with salad for lunch! But nothing a mugshot, a coulple of bits of fruit & an Alpen light can't fix! I've eaten out in restaurants & had the odd glass if wine or G&T - so really not depriving myself of anything. I'm loving it!

I'm now 8 weeks in & have lost 18.5lbs. My 1st target was to get under 15st (only 5lb to go!) & then to lose 2stone by Xmas - both are getting closer which is very exciting! When I hit these mini goals I'm going to set myself a couple more. I like to think I'm strolling up a few gentle hills rather than climbing 1 mahoosive mountain.

So keep at it & I reckon once you've got a couple of weeks under your belt you'll be flying! CJxxx

CJxxx said:
Hello!

I've done WW before but I am doing so much better on SW. The first couple of weeks were really an education. Constantly checking Syn values & what's free/super free blah blah blah - but all if a sudden it clicked!

I am now very aware of trying to get Superfree food on my plate at every meal & drinking lots of water. Seems to be working. I'm never hungry & only occasionally I get a bit fed up with salad for lunch! But nothing a mugshot, a coulple of bits of fruit & an Alpen light can't fix! I've eaten out in restaurants & had the odd glass if wine or G&T - so really not depriving myself of anything. I'm loving it!

I'm now 8 weeks in & have lost 18.5lbs. My 1st target was to get under 15st (only 5lb to go!) & then to lose 2stone by Xmas - both are getting closer which is very exciting! When I hit these mini goals I'm going to set myself a couple more. I like to think I'm strolling up a few gentle hills rather than climbing 1 mahoosive mountain.

So keep at it & I reckon once you've got a couple of weeks under your belt you'll be flying! CJxxx

Hi!!

Thanks for advice. I'm just waiting to go shipping now, on my own so I can start!!! X

Back