Induction Moving over questions

summerbear2013

Gold Member
I ladies & gents

I spent about an hour stalking u all on here last night reading as much as I could.
Ok so I am on Cambridge and shall be looking to move over to Atkins in a few weeks time.
I've got one book on my kindle but need it in paperback to make notes I think.
What I'm wondering is which version or title of the book is the best to buy?
Any advice for someone moving from a vlcd?
All suggestions and pointers greatly received. Have lost 3 1/2 stone this year starting with slimming world and now Cambridge but looking at a long term plan to help shift the next 2 stone plus
Thanks in advance x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I can now as I have purchased the illustrated cookbook, Atkins new diet revolution (2003) and dr Atkins new diet cookbook plus I have the new diet new you Atkins on my kindle. Should keep me busy lol x

Hi Katie
I moved over from Exante to Atkins, all be it I was only on exante for less than a week - wasn't for me. If you follow the induction you should be fine as you are probably already in Ketosis from being on Cambridge, you just have to get your head around eating all the things that you thought were bad for you, took me about a week, oh and same as with Camb drink plenty of water x
Good luck x

Ess3x_Girly said:
Hi Katie
I moved over from Exante to Atkins, all be it I was only on exante for less than a week - wasn't for me. If you follow the induction you should be fine as you are probably already in Ketosis from being on Cambridge, you just have to get your head around eating all the things that you thought were bad for you, took me about a week, oh and same as with Camb drink plenty of water x
Good luck x

Thanks yes already in ketosis so thought it would be best time to do it.
Just wondering what the losses are like on Atkins as the stories on my kindle are similar to what people lose on ww or SW mmmmm xx

Well I've lost 12lbs in first 2 weeks but that's coming straight in you have been dieting already so it may be a bit slower, it just depends on how well your body reacts x this is th start of week three induction for me (I'm staying on it a bit longer than two weeks as I have lots to loose) x

Ess3x_Girly said:
Well I've lost 12lbs in first 2 weeks but that's coming straight in you have been dieting already so it may be a bit slower, it just depends on how well your body reacts x this is th start of week three induction for me (I'm staying on it a bit longer than two weeks as I have lots to loose) x

Yes think I'd be same and stay on induction until nearer my goal. I've read alot of one book but am not starting until I'm fully read up as otherwise I'll make mistakes. You've done really well keep going xx

Hi katie and welcome:)
Main advice from vlcd is dont weigh for first two weeks! Atkins is about eating good healthy food so best to get in the zone to make it work

Good luck!

Kat1e said:
Hi katie and welcome:)
Main advice from vlcd is dont weigh for first two weeks! Atkins is about eating good healthy food so best to get in the zone to make it work

Good luck!

Thanks Katie yes that's good advice ive seen somewhere else xx

You can expect a 1 to 2 lb weekly loss once your body settles in to it. 2lb a week is about average with some weeks a little more or less.

Congrats on doing so well already!

Back