Moving to CC from a VLCD

squishymcfatterson

Likes to post frequently
Hi all! I have recently moved to CC (with MFP) from the Lipotrim VLCD. I got to a healthy BMI with Lipotrim and decided to lose the remaining 10-11lb while calorie counting.

Anyway, I am on my first week and while my scales initially showed a lovely drop of 2lb during the week, today is weigh in day and I've only lost 0.5lb. Now I know that's better off than on but what's troubling me is that I've actually been gaining for the second half of the week. I've been below 1200 cals a day and honestly haven't "cheated". I did refeed properly, so i introduced carbs slowly back into my diet.

I suppose I'm just wondering if anyone else has moved from a food replacement diet, and found that their weight loss went a bit askew at first?! Thanks!

huwiesmummy said:
Be interested to see how you do. After the 26th (getting my gallbladder out) I'll be slowly going off exante. I'm hoping that this will be a good move

Will keep you posted! Good luck with the op. x

That's what I'm using! Such a good app. Yes, I hear ya on the control issues- story of my life!

Hello!
I am in the process of moving from a VLCD (Slim and save) to CC. I'm not at a healthy weight yet (but feel a LOT better!) but decided to come off it 'early' due to feeling like I needed to exercise and give my body a rest from a VLCD.
I am am a daily weigher and I really don't think you can read anything at all into the 'gain' the second part of this week. It may or may not be related to coming off the VLCD but either way it doesn't matter, if you continue to eat 1200 kcals/day you WILL lose fat. This is just a temporary fluctuation.
I partially abandoned refeed after 2 days on it and I do expect to gain this week, and maybe not lose much the week after either. I have had a nose around other threads on the same subject and it seems like a few people (do did do refeed properly like you) had a STS/gain the first week on their LCD (WW/SW etc) and then a nice healthy loss the week after and then the rest as normal.
I am quite anxious to get to that stage! I think these next two weeks are going to be quite hard mentally (having to think about what to eat again and not seeing much movement on the scale) - I keep having to remind myself!
How did you get on this last week?

zeke said:
Hello!
I am in the process of moving from a VLCD (Slim and save) to CC. I'm not at a healthy weight yet (but feel a LOT better!) but decided to come off it 'early' due to feeling like I needed to exercise and give my body a rest from a VLCD.
I am am a daily weigher and I really don't think you can read anything at all into the 'gain' the second part of this week. It may or may not be related to coming off the VLCD but either way it doesn't matter, if you continue to eat 1200 kcals/day you WILL lose fat. This is just a temporary fluctuation.
I partially abandoned refeed after 2 days on it and I do expect to gain this week, and maybe not lose much the week after either. I have had a nose around other threads on the same subject and it seems like a few people (do did do refeed properly like you) had a STS/gain the first week on their LCD (WW/SW etc) and then a nice healthy loss the week after and then the rest as normal.
I am quite anxious to get to that stage! I think these next two weeks are going to be quite hard mentally (having to think about what to eat again and not seeing much movement on the scale) - I keep having to remind myself!
How did you get on this last week?

Thanks so much Zeke. Great to hear from someone in the same boat. It's a quiet enough board here...!

You're right, the scales are bound to move up and down in the first few weeks as our bodies adjust. Luckily I lost 0.8lb this week (and I only checked the scales on my official weigh-in day). I have a feeling this might have been more but I've been having stomach problems, going from constipation to "the opposite" and back again. I'm sure that's down to my body readjusting too, but it's not been fun. I eat a small meal and bloat so much that I look pregnant! On the plus side, I feel full very quickly!

Yes, the first weeks back on food are quite daunting! I feel that I've settled into a better routine now though, and it's getting easier to plan meals etc.

Do keep me posted on your progress?!

By the way, I love your signature! I'm a spelling-nazi!

Thanks so much Zeke. Great to hear from someone in the same boat. It's a quiet enough board here...!

You're right, the scales are bound to move up and down in the first few weeks as our bodies adjust. Luckily I lost 0.8lb this week (and I only checked the scales on my official weigh-in day). I have a feeling this might have been more but I've been having stomach problems, going from constipation to "the opposite" and back again. I'm sure that's down to my body readjusting too, but it's not been fun. I eat a small meal and bloat so much that I look pregnant! On the plus side, I feel full very quickly!

Yes, the first weeks back on food are quite daunting! I feel that I've settled into a better routine now though, and it's getting easier to plan meals etc.

Do keep me posted on your progress?!

By the way, I love your signature! I'm a spelling-nazi!

Glad you had a loss this week!

I'm just counting calories at the moment (made something out of the hairy dieters book for lunch - very nice!) and aiming to keep them in the lower end of the 1200-1400 kcal range. In addition, I am not allowing myself to eat closer together than 2 hrs (ideal 3 hrs and trying to keep it less than 4). Definitely more time consuming than a VLCD! Hopefully I will get into a good routine soon.

Glad you like the sig ;) I make plenty of spelling mistakes myself (and typos - as you can see!) but this one being so common on a weight loss forum - I had to take action!

huwiesmummy said:
Squishy, did you have a bit of a gain after starting food again? Also jaw ach? My fave hurts now I'm actually eating food. So not cool!

Yes, bit of a gain but also a but of a loss in the first few days so it balanced out into a small loss the first week!

Oh dear, no, my jaw wasn't sore! My belly is though, not coping well with eating again at all!!

I have my surgery Friday so u started adding fruit veg and rice up to 1200 cal a day including my 600caks from food replacement. Been ok so far tummy wise. Keep biting my lip and having a sore jaw though. Oh well paracetamol helps, could be my wisdom teeth moving about. Got on the scales though and they said I was 5-10lbs heavier! I'm not getting on scales till the 1st of November now hopefully.it balances out.

huwiesmummy said:
I have my surgery Friday so u started adding fruit veg and rice up to 1200 cal a day including my 600caks from food replacement. Been ok so far tummy wise. Keep biting my lip and having a sore jaw though. Oh well paracetamol helps, could be my wisdom teeth moving about. Got on the scales though and they said I was 5-10lbs heavier! I'm not getting on scales till the 1st of November now hopefully.it balances out.

It might be the rice? I know carbs can cause you to suddenly retain a lot of water during a refeed. I'm sure it will balance itself out, don't worry. Best of luck with the surgery and I hope your mouth recovers soon too!! X

Back