MrsM's weightloss mission!

MrsM2013

Hi guys and girls :)

I joined slimming world 2 weeks ago yesterday ...

First week I lost 4.5lbs! Really pleased...had it in my head I would lose a few more than that as I constantly read people losing loads in the first week, but 4.5lbs is still good! I weighed in last night and lost another 2.5lbs, to make my first 1/2 stone and also got slimmer of the week!

I have a LOT of weight to lose, but am so glad I'm doing SW and eating properly, no fads for me!

My genetics are against me, my mum reached 32 stone before going private for a gastric bypass - diets have never worked for her! So much so that she lost half her body weight, and has now put half of that back on, WITH the gastric bypass! I'm hoping I can change the cycle but we shall see! My sister is the same weight as me - well half a stone heavier, my aunt, my nan (all the women in the family!)

I hope I can crack it this time! I did slimming world over 10 years ago when I was 16-18 years old and lost about 6 stone, so hoping I can achieve that and more this time too! I got married in April and did not even attempt to lose any weight for the wedding as I was me, and hubby loves me for me but since the wedding has now been and gone, I want to do this, hubby is on board(from home) and has lost 6lb in the 2 weeks so really proud of him for sticking with it and being so supportive!

Oh my, I read your first post and felt like you were talking about my life as I also have genetics against me as all the women in my family are big, my mum also had a gastric which she lost weight at first but somehow the weight has crept back on. I have also started two weeks ago and I also lost 4.5 pounds, I hope you don't mind me subscribing as could really do with a buddy, not really getting much support from friends and family but I don't blame them really every other week I vow to start a diet but give up mid week. Good luck this week with your weight loss.

Wow Rose-Anna! How mad is that!

When is your 2nd weeks weigh in? Well done on the first 4.5lb :)

support is amazing in club and on here so don't ever feel you are alone! Is it SW your doing too?
The lady that runs my group is lovely and sends texts out at the weekend to keep you motivated and
is always at the end of the phone should anyone need her! Is yours the same? It's definitely worth
making friends with her/him so you have an outlet there too if you feel your slipping from lack of support etc

part of my mums issue with regaining the weight is she now suffers from a rare condition called acalaisia(sp?)
basically her oesophagus doesn't work properly, where as ours contracts and squeezes food down into the stomach,
her doesn't! So when she eats, she doesn't feel full as the food is sitting in her oesophagus and the whole lot eeventually meets the stomach and she's put the weight back on! She had an operation about a year ago to try to repair the oesophagus damage caused by ulcers from the food and to do a procedure to try get the sphincter working again but hasn't made any difference and when they did it, they made a hole so until the repair healed which was about a week she was Nil by mouth and lost over a stone!! She's now doing herbalife and lost nearly 2 stone in 2 weeks so good luck to her!

Wow....half 2 in the morning and I've typed all that on my phone....I'm mad! Lol

hi girls good luck to you both its great on here and everyone is so helpful good luck to you both and you mum to hugs(())) to you mum x

Good luck hun, although looks already like you are off to a great start xx

Thanks chezz and Paula! Good luck to you too!

Had a good couple of days, still rigidly stuck to it so here's to another good week!

hi mrsm
glad to hear all going well good luck for next week x x

Hi Mrsm,
Sorry to hear about your mums condition but at least through it all, she has found a way to persevere and manage her weight. Yes I am on slimming world and I also have a great consultant and group that are really supportive and encouraging and after re-joining so many times, I just know that this time it's different and I am way more focused on losing it this time than the others. How is your weekend looking hope you sticking to plan? I have a party tomorrow which dreading as I can resist the food but it will be the alcohol, as my friend makes all these lovely synful cocktails that are so good but so bad. So wish me luck.
Hope you all have a great weekend!

rose anna
have a great party x x x

Hi guys :)

The weekend is going well so far, thank you!

I was at work 6-6 today, and was a really busy day as it's V festival here this weekend, and working for a cab company it was VERY busy! Anyway, Had 35g shredded wheat bitesize, banana and milk for breakfast (heB and heA) I had grapes mid morning, and then ham, egg salad for lunch! I received a text from my consultant which she does every saturday, a supportive text to remind us all that even though its the weekend we can do it! As I received that text, my boss walked back in with McDonalds for lunch, so Im very proud of myself for sticking to my salad! Had a muller light yoghurt and an alpen light bar(3syns) in the afternoon. Came home from work and cooked diet coke chicken for dinner (0syns) with courgettes, baby sweetcorn, mushrooms and new potatoes!

A very good day! I may have a meringue nest topped with chopped fruit and a mullerlight yoghurt if I feel like it soon!

Im a little worried about tomorrow though...I have to go on a road trip from my home in Essex to Derby! Will be taking some chopped cucumber, cherry tomatoes, cooked chicken, fruit etc with us, but have no idea what time we will be home so going to have a big breakfast in the morning and hope we keep going until we get home! 5 hours of driving if the traffic is good, and a few hours up there so wish me luck!

Have a good party, and when you are confronted by those naughty drinks, remember the scales!! try not to undo the hard work you have already made :) x

Last edited:
Wow....I'm tired! LoL

left yesterday morning For derby, had a cooked breakfast before we left to really fill us up!
Snacked on grapes, and then before we left derby to come home us and 4 of our friends went
to a pub for a meal! I behaved myself, kept my sw head on and ordered gammon steak(grilled)
new potatoes (instead of chips) and it came with peas! I had a choice of egg or pineapple and as
much as I love eggs...it would have been cooked in oil so I asked for a in ungrilled pineapple ring!

Eventually got home last night just before 10! Monday morning is feeling like the worst Monday
ever!

Im determined to stick to sw and do my best!

Thanks Rose-Anna, how did the party go?

mrsm well done on being strong x x

Very pleased with my weigh in tonight!

4lb loss and slimmer of the week again! :D that's 11lb in 3 weeks :D

Thanks chezz!

Having an ok week....Ive been off work since thursday, and I find it harder at home than I do at work! I don't know why!

Im hoping for 3lb off this week to get my 1 stone!

MrsM
i know what you mean by that and im the same plus when im tired its crazy good luck for your 3lbs this week x x

I did it!!!

1 stone in 4 weeks!!! Yippee!!!

3lb's off this week :) I also got slimmer of the week and slimmer of the month :D

Back