muffins.

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by abz, 16 June 2008 Social URL.

1. abz

abz Gold Member

i quite fancy trying this for lunch but i don't have a thingy dish. sorry, brain not working ha. all i can think of is a petris dish, but you know what i mean :) my question was can i use a small cup or something instead? do you reckon it would work?

abz xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. abz

abz Gold Member

RAMEKIN!! that's it :)

abz xx

4. Mrs B

Mrs B Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st1.7lb
    Current Weight:
    23st1.1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.6lb(4.32%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Anything you can put in the microwave is fine. As long as you don't mind odd shaped muffuns, lol. I use a cereal bowl.

5. dietingqueen

dietingqueen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(33.91%)
    Diet:
    weight Watchers now but did LL/CD
    i use a tea cup

just had one....for brekkie!!!!

nas x

6. abz

abz Gold Member

awesome. am going to investigate. although i hope the 'eating' factor doesn't send me into a frenzy!!

abz xx

7. fatpossum

fatpossum Silver Member

I only ever have muffins - I tried drinking the mix on my very first day and it went down the sink!!! I found it so entirely awful I never tried it again.

Now I either make it into muffins or mix it with just a little water and have it as a type of cold mousse type dessert.

Contrary to being driven into a frenzy by being able to chew I find that very satisfying.

So get that dish, tea cup, ramekin, or ever petri-dish (best scrubb it first!) out and get muffining!! I recommend them without hesitation!

8. dietingqueen

dietingqueen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(33.91%)
    Diet:
    nah it won't... i've been busy this weekend but i have had a quick read of your diary.,... I have to tell you when i do CD i only have chocolate packs... and that it.... and i eat them all as muffins.... cos i cant stand shakes!!!!!

Oh and i havent to date gone into a frenzy!!!!

ha ha

9. dietingqueen

dietingqueen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(33.91%)
    Diet:
    Lol Fatpossum...I totally agree with you!!!!

10. abz

abz Gold Member

ha. thanks guys. sorry to moan on so much. i daren't read my diary. i must come across as such a grumpy grotts. i'm not, i promise :D just want to make sure i'm doing the right thing. and i haven't cheated :)

abz xx

11. fatpossum

fatpossum Silver Member

Dieting Queen - I too only have chocolate packs!!! I will have the mint chocolate ones or sometimes the orange chocolate ones but I hate everything else.

The Butterscotch is not too bad I suppose but whenever I have had that I have always mixed it with instant coffee!

12. abz

abz Gold Member

how do you manage JUST on the chocolate ones. i have to admit i am slowly gravitating towards them myself. have had to limit myself to one a day or i'll run out before i buy my next lot...

abz xx

13. gee-gee

gee-gee Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Can anyone give an actual amount of water to mix with to make the muffin. I made one too thick and it was gross. I really want to try again but wish i knew just how much water to use.

14. dietingqueen

dietingqueen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(33.91%)
    Diet:
    I think it's about 100mls, but i dont measure it.... I just put the shake in the teacup and use direct from the tap... lol!!! I'm that good.... now.... that i just get it right!

The consistency is like angel delight ( before i microwave it).... You could eat the pack like that without cooking it!!!

15. gee-gee

gee-gee Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    great thanks, think i'll try one for lunch:D What flavours work well for muffins?

16. dietingqueen

dietingqueen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(33.91%)
    Diet:
    let me know how you get on! If it's not right.... i'll measure it next time i make one!

Nas x

17. gee-gee

gee-gee Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Just made (and ate:p) a chocolate muffin.

I put enough water in till it looked like angel delight and then i cooked it. It was ok but lacked a lot of flavour when cooked, it didnt really tast of anything- i think i preferred it in its precooked stage:rolleyes:

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. dietingqueen

dietingqueen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(33.91%)
    Diet:
    how long did you cook it for?

I do it for 1 minute, it stays a bit gooey in the middle.... and doesnt go dry... I eat it with a spoon... like a souffle!

Nas x

20. gee-gee

gee-gee Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    oh i think nearer two minutes:eek: I will try again tomorrow:D

21. abz

abz Gold Member

well that was a mess!! ha. i put about 80mls in. then put in in a pyrex microwave glass thing. it exploded all over the microwave. clean microwave, pour slop into a large mug, try again, when the outside was burning the inside was still liquid. what i ended up with was something looking, and tasting, not unlike sloppy cat poo...

so another one down the sink. i was using lactose free cappucino. is that a problem? did i use too much water?

urghhh...

abz xx

22. karenO

karenO Step away from the chips!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Oh dear! I have no idea how much water i use but i remember reading that the paste before you cook it should be really thick, much thicker than you imagine it would need to be. I kind of work by that rule of thumb. Also if you beat it really hard & get loads of air in the end result is really light & rises nicely.
    Its taken me a fair wee while to get everything to come together, but the choc muffins are now to die for!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.