Muffy's battle with her self! 16 weeks 100% ....

Iv been having problems remembering how many glasses of water i have had each day and dont think iv been having enough so iv made a chart and i colour in a box every time i fill my glass up :) so far iv managed 10 glasses since 7am. Iv had a chocolate shake made into a mocha and a choc orange bar but cant decide what to have for dinner. I'm in a dilemma! Tai soup or a banana shake? Please vote ;)

Soup is much more a tea time food lol!!!

And hello you!!! I shall be following you and your diary over here on Exante..... and will be joining you in 2 weeks :)

Dont worry about the blip... get back on it, you can do it and look how well you have done so far!!!! my inspiration.... those photos are fab as everyone says, transformed!!!!!

Keep up the good work :)

Thanks Katie I took your advice and had a soup but then stupid me ate one of the kids dinner that yhey didnt want! I had a roll with half a burger half an egg a rasher of bacon and some chips then added some cheese and burger sauce!! So upset now I just don't know what is wrong with me. I suppose it could had been worse? I could have had a whole burger a whole fried egg 2 rashers of bacon and a plate of chips with the cheese and the roll! Arrgh!!

I was doing so well today. Felt great, didn't feel hungry either I just wanted the food and at that time I didn't care that I'm going to gain more weight again! Now I hate myself so much for letting myself down again :( why can't I get back to how I was in the 1st few weeks? The only difference I can think of is that I didn't tell anyone except my husband that I was on a vlcd and I done so brilliantly when nobody knew? I can't understand what else could be the problem?

Sorry I am moaning again :'(

Morning diary :/

Not too enthused about my Sunday ahead as iv put on weight again (0.8lb since starting exante on wed)
and because i have to do a big Sunday dinner for my family ( beef and all the trimmings ) today.
Can't believe I made myself this way.
So ashamed :(
But.... I'm gonna do it today I'm actually bored of listening to myself say that!

Hope everyone else is doing well x

Last edited:
It's only been 2 hours since my last entry but I feel the need to write again, iv found a new way to drink coffee... Cold water coffee and a sweetner tab in the chopper part if my blender ( the bit you make baby food with? ) whizz it up and pour it into a nice coffee glass ( Irish coffee-esk ) and I have a nice cold coffee with a creamy head! I also tried topping it up with hot water but that killed the froth and it just tasted like black coffee. I was surprised by the creamy coffee colour it was when it was cold and even after I'd finished there was still froth in the bottom of my glass :)
I don't feel at all hungry after drinking coffee but was struggling to drink straight black hot coffee so I might be able to cope a bit better today x
Amazed by the smallest of things that I can now find help me through a day ;)

I think after today u need to sit down and re evaluate things!! Try on some old bigger clothes that don't fit anymore, read some posts on here, anything that's going to put u in the right frame of mind!!
You have dome so well so far..... Do u want to stop here or carry on?
Get right back on it coz u know u can do it!' x

Hi hun, I did well for 39 days then out of the blue had 4 binges. I sat down & tried to think why. As you said, I too did well when only my partner & close family knew. I don't know whether its a coincidence or whether the constant queries from people asking how I'm doing, what I've lost now etc has stalled me??
Anyways enough of my rambling. Hope you have a good day xo

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I think after today u need to sit down and re evaluate things!! Try on some old bigger clothes that don't fit anymore, read some posts on here, anything that's going to put u in the right frame of mind!!
You have dome so well so far..... Do u want to stop here or carry on?
Get right back on it coz u know u can do it!' x

thanks for that and yes you are totally right hun, i do know i can do it. i do want to carry on i dont like the feeling i get after i mess up it seems to haunt me for the next 24 hours. im going to have to really pull myself together and get it right or im not going to reach any of my goals am i? x
i seem to struggle when my husband is home. he works away a week out of each month and for that week i dont even look at food. i cook proper meals from scratch for my 4 boys every day and i dont get tempted to touch it. but when hubby is here i just want to sit and eat yummy food?? he doesnt make me eat food or encourage me to, 99% of the time if i do eat i wait for him to finish and leave the kicthen and then i eat the left overs in secret and he is never any the wiser, i dont tell him iv messed up! sounds so pathetic and dirty but its always un touched food i eat, that has been cooked and left in the oven incase anyone wants extras, not half chewed scraps lol or even when i do the baby (19 months old) a taster of 'our' food ill do him a burger or a couple of fish fingers on a saturday as thats treat 'junk food' day for the boys but he will only eat half of what i cooked for him so ill eat the rest! i hate throwing food away.
i think part of my problem is loving food so much and wanting to make everyone else happy by always making too much food. always make too much as id hate to see anyone still hungry its a bit of the irish in me i think? i have realised while typing this that i should cook less food that way there wont be anything left over and i wont be able to eat it then!

im doing well today so far but then again i was doing great yesterday until dinner time :rolleyes:.
i had a banana shake for breakfast, have had 2 pints of water and a pints worth of cold coffee too already. might need to slow down on the coffee now though before my head starts spinning :D im just going to prepare the dinner veg now so ill be back later on xxx

Hi hun, I did well for 39 days then out of the blue had 4 binges. I sat down & tried to think why. As you said, I too did well when only my partner & close family knew. I don't know whether its a coincidence or whether the constant queries from people asking how I'm doing, what I've lost now etc has stalled me??
Anyways enough of my rambling. Hope you have a good day xo

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

haha you dont ramble half as much as me :p

thank you!
i think i got too confident. when i messed up on day 23 i managed to lose alot the week after and thought to myself "i can do this, eat today and get it back off next week" but the next time i tried it got harder to get back to 100% and then after that time even harder!
the only time i have actually decided to have a meal was the day of my nans funeral but since then anything iv eaten has been a fight with myself to resist and i have even smelt the food and put it back a few times before actually eating it then totaly blown it and wasted the rest of the evening eating junk.

im getting my head back together today though. feeling more confident that i can do it as im running out of time rapidly xx

So... Dinner went ok. I had a slice of roast beef and my veg soup, loved the veg bits in the soup I think that's my fave so far just got to try the mushroom soup and iv tried all flavours. I'll have that tomorrow. I know I haven't been 100% still but I feel I'm getting back to it slowly as best I possibly can. I have been for a 4 mile bike ride (2 miles each way) and it took 20mins and I feel fine. Iv drank 4 litres ( 2ltr Water, 1.5 ltr peppermint tea and the rest was coffee ). So I don't feel that iv failed as miserably as I could have today. Now I'm just wondering if I should have a bar or a shake tonight?? In scared that the bars will slow ketosis from kicking in? All other vlcd that I have done wouldn't let me have a bar/ flap jack until week 3-4. Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks x

Last edited:
Sounds like a good day!!! Exante don't say that you can't have a bar at the start so it should be OK. Although they do advise only 1 bar a day so that leads me to believe that you should have to liquid meals and a bar from the start or you'll end up having to have 2 bars a day as packs run out

xx

:) thanks
I was thinking the same actually so I'll just have a bar but I could just not have anything.... But I know that's naughty :) so I'll have a bar xx

Last edited:
Enjoy
xx

Had a toffee nut and raisin bar mmmm they are scrum! I had a pint if water with it and I am going to relax now in front of the tv to watch dancing on ice :)

I feel ok, a little annoyed that I had a Slice of roast beef. Don't know if it will affect me but I can't change it now.
I put on 2 lb after eating the sandwich and crisps etc the other night. I managed to get some off but this morning I was still 0.8 lb more than what I was on Wednesday! Hoping to get 4 lb off by Friday so that iv managed to lose the 3lb i need to be back on track to reach my goals. Need to get into ketosis soon xx

Wouldn't worry too much - the beef is high protein. The sandwich and crisps are carbs - which means that the weight would more than likely have been due to a filling up of your depleted glycogen stores!!

xx

Wouldn't worry too much - the beef is high protein. The sandwich and crisps are carbs - which means that the weight would more than likely have been due to a filling up of your depleted glycogen stores!!

xx

thanks Toots :D

i know all about carbs and glycogen i just wish i listened to myself and avoided doing stupid things :( but never mind im back now!
and ....iv dropped that 2lb that i gained and im exactly what i was on wednesday when i last weighed in and started exante.
i was going to change weigh in to friday but i think ill keep it as it is and weigh in wed, if i only lose 1 lb this week ill make it a lesson learned not to do it again because i really have felt bad this weekend i dont want to feel like that much of a failure again.
hopfully i am atleast onto the ketosis window frame i just need to climb through that window and in to safety ;)
today i might have my bar for mid day a soup when kids have dinner and then have a shake tonight to eat infront of the tv.
taking down and putting up new beds for the kids this week so their rooms are getting gutted and stuff is going to the tip so that should keep me busy. if i have the energy this evening ill go for a ride on my bike too.

hope everyone has a good day x

I have been busy busy today which done me the world if good! I don't feel hungry yay! Just managed to sit down. Today i done - school run this morning - came home - hung washing out - had half a bar - moved bunk beds and draws and a cot - sorted junk for the tip - sorted 4 black bags of clothes for charity collection - had half a bar. Collected the kids from school - went to the shops - came home brought in the washing off the line - cooked a chicken in White wine sauce and pasta and made my own garlic bread for the kids had half a soup with 1/2 a chicken breast chopped up into it - made hubby a chicken curry and chicken fried rice then cleaned the kitchen and then a lady came to buy my tumble dryer ready for my new one to be delivered in the morning and now I'm sitting with a coke zero watching tv x

I can't manage a shake tonight, I know I should though.
I only had the half a chicken breast in half a soup because I was worried that I'd be really hungry tonight after all iv done today and thought it would help to have that then while it was there instead of waiting until tonight and the only thing I could have had would be crisps bread biscuits etc and that would have been tragic! Didn't manage to go out on my bike but I'll make sure I do tomorrow.
Feeling good now and I know that tomorrow I will be able to cope 100% I deffo think that splitting my bar into 2 helped loads as I'm normally hungry after a whole bar? Anyone else find that?

Hoping iv lost something tomorrow I'll be so pleased xxx

Well done on a fab day!

Congrats on your loss so far - your picks are jaw-dropping!!

Past is past and we are gonna do some serious shifting done in the next few weeks....imagine the pics then!

I have exactly the same prob with the bars - I feel really hungry if I have a whole one. I cut mine into about 8 pieces and have them spread throughout the day. I've also had a biggest looser bar on a couple of days instead - much lower carb count, althought supplementally (word?) similar and the choc crunch variety actually really fills me up!

Anyway, all the best with it over the next couple of days.

You know you CAN do it!
Xxx

Wow busy busy busy! Reading your post has made me tired lol! Well done!

I know I sound a boring old nag (& hag lol!) but please be sure to have your 3 packs a day...you are basically on TS and a bit of chicken won't give you the nutrients you need long term and I would hate for you to start feeling really yak and coming off the diet completely :(:( You are doing soooo well!

xx

Back