Mullerlight - 8 pots for £2 at sainsburys

Hi y'all

Just looked on mysupermarket.com and sainsburys are offering 8 pots of mullerlight for £2 until 28 July.

I bought a load last week and will be popping up there again today.

Also, they sell polenta - 500g for 99p - in case anyone is thinking about making syn free muffins.

They have had these on for a few weeks but thanks for letting me know they finish soon!

no probs. 25p a tub is not bad, especially since you can pick your own flavours. Most of the other deals seem to be for multi-packs and I don't always want the particular flavours.

Am going to go and stock up today and may go back again on the last day. I'm assuming you can freeze mullerlight, but am not sure what it's like when defrosted. Does anyone know??

We got some last night at 4 for £1 at TESCO!

Re the polenta, I understood that you needed the coarse ground stuff for the muffins, not the 'ready prepared' blocks that they sell at our nearest big Sainsburys? Can't find that ANYWHERE though, only bags of the fine ground in a big Tesco. Want to give these a go - any more info anyone???

oh not to sure about freezing them! I would scan through them to find the longest dates! Enjoy!

Also, they sell polenta - 500g for 99p - in case anyone is thinking about making syn free muffins.

I didn't think you could use polenta to make syn free muffins. The book says "if ground or used as a flour substitute these foods [of which polenta is one] have a syn value"

The directory says 5 syns

Think that they would 'separate out' if frozen then defrosted, but although they are lovely just frozen for a short while, 2-3 hours and still gooey in the centre, you can freeze them solid without ruining them! You need a strong teaspoon and a lot of determination though! I often attack one in the evening whilst watching telly - my downfall 'picking' time - and my record is an hour and a quarter to finish one!

So if, unlike us, you've got room in your freezer, why not try that? We find that the thicker ones like B and C, toffee and plain vanilla freeze best with less icicles than the ones with fruit in them. At least that way you can take advantage of the 25p offers - note to self, clear some freezer space NOW!!!

Think that they would 'separate out' if frozen then defrosted, but although they are lovely just frozen for a short while, 2-3 hours and still gooey in the centre, you can freeze them solid without ruining them! You need a strong teaspoon and a lot of determination though! I often attack one in the evening whilst watching telly - my downfall 'picking' time - and my record is an hour and a quarter to finish one!

So if, unlike us, you've got room in your freezer, why not try that? We find that the thicker ones like B and C, toffee and plain vanilla freeze best with less icicles than the ones with fruit in them. At least that way you can take advantage of the 25p offers - note to self, clear some freezer space NOW!!!

LOL! To be honest, would probably go through 8 in a week or so anyway... so may just be able to make use of them.

I didn't think you could use polenta to make syn free muffins. The book says "if ground or used as a flour substitute these foods [of which polenta is one] have a syn value"

The directory says 5 syns

I've read that elsewhere, but also the post about making syn free muffins says that it's free. Apparently someone asked their leader and also recipes in SW's own books have polenta as free - I think it's for cornbread.

so confusing. Can anyone confirm??

Especially if you take Henna's point about looking at the DATES! I stopped one lady filling up her trolley with ones dated the very next day - she was so grateful, but said that she never thought to look at dates on anything! Couldn't believe it!

Muller Lights

So are Muller Light yogurts free then? I just started last week and am struggling with the Slimming World website - I don't find it very helpful!! I tried putting in the nutritional values of a yog into the syn calculator on the website but am sure I must have done it wrong because it said 5 syns!!!?? :confused:

So are Muller Light yogurts free then? I just started last week and am struggling with the Slimming World website - I don't find it very helpful!! I tried putting in the nutritional values of a yog into the syn calculator on the website but am sure I must have done it wrong because it said 5 syns!!!?? :confused:

Mullerlights are free m'dear. :)

I always look on minimins for answers to my questions, if you're even unsure of anything post a new thread and you'll receive an answer from someone helpful. Don't be shy.

Just come back from Tesco's and they are 4 for £1 there, so the same as Sainsburys but you don't need to buy 8 (although I did)

Just come back from Tesco's and they are 4 for £1 there, so the same as Sainsburys but you don't need to buy 8 (although I did)

unfortunately I don't live near a tesco or a morrisons, but for anyone that does that's a fab offer.

I have been caught out so many times with dates so i check them like mad now! I find it so annoying when you spend your money and go to the fridge a few days later and find them fit for the bin!

hiya , yes you can freeze them but only for about 2- 3 hours , then they turn into an ice cream . i often do this if i know we are going for ice-cream then i have it while the rest of my family are having a maudes . the 1st time i left it overnight and ended up putting in micro to defrost ... oops

Back