Mummy's big tummy!

Pingu6

Gold Member
Hi everyone

Really need your help on this one. I've been yoyo dieting for a while now and also had two c sections one with big twins so my tummy is quite flabby and I really hate it. I can wear clothes in smaller sizes if I lose weight but the spare tyre makes it impossible to fit into them comfortably.
JUDDD is amazing and I see such an amazing difference to my body in two weeks, lots more stuff fits but my tummy area really gets me down. It's horrible. Please can anyone suggest exercises or anything to improve this specific area? Would appreciate it.

Thanks

My tummys really flabby too. I've lost 4 stone and being a bit older my skins just not pinged back. I've got what I call a kangaroo pouch on the front of my stomach. I look nice when I'm dressed, (I'm a size 8-10 bottom half), but I hate the flabby, wrinkly way I look naked.

I exercise a lot and that's not making a difference to the tummy area yet. Flabby thighs and upper arms are toning up, but not tummy.

I think a lot of it depends on how elastic your skin is. Also depends on where you carry your excess weight. I was a classic apple shape with most of my weight around my middle. I lost weight off my face, arms, legs and boobs, long before it started shifting from my belly. Why is it that the bits we hate the most are the last places to surrender their fat stores?

When you've been dieting as long as I have (but this is, of course, the very last time ;)) you come across all sorts of articles about weight loss and saggy skin. Here's one I remember reading a couple of years ago: The Myth of Loose Skin (ignore the advertising pitch - just read the other stuff!)

I'm not saying I necessarily buy in to what this guy says (particularly when it comes to calories), but it still makes for an interesting read. JUDDD isn't exactly a crash diet - we're not losing shedloads of weight on it per week, so I figure we're doing that bit right. :)

Last edited:
I think what you can conclude is that it's far too early to know how big your tummy's going to look when you've lost a few stones. I can tell you from own experience (having gone up to nearly 18st at one point and dieted down to 12st) that my own tummy didn't look too bad at all. Sure, it wasn't flat, but you know, women's tummies aren't supposed to be, particularly post-childbirth. I didn't have to tuck it into my knickers, put it that way. :D But even if I had, the health benefits of weighing less far outweighed the irritation of having less than perfect tummy muscles. :)

I'm looking forward to being able to shop for a whole new wardrobe of clothes again. I'm just hoping that by the time I get back to 12st that there's actually something in the shops I want to buy. Everything seems to be such cheap tat at the moment.

I have that 'pouch' too but after 5 kids I am not surprised !! I don't know whether it will ever go to be honest its getting smaller but I am not sure whether its fat or fat and skin IYSWIM, I usually wear bigish knickers or hold me in knickers if going somewhere nice , I would love it to go completely but will have to wait and see as to whether that will happen?

Spanx.... Gotta love them!

Awww thats sweet xx

Back