Muscle gain/loss vs fat

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
Odd title I know and I'm probably just ranting/panicking!

I'm usually a big exerciser gym running Pilates spin body con etc!

But my diet had wandered over the last couple of weeks so I reduced my running to 1-2 x a week and that was all I was doing. So u coukd focus on my diet again. And over two weeks I've lost 4lbs so this week I'm restarting the usual so today Ill be spinning and tomorrow.

I'm now panicking that I've lost muscle an not fat so will now gain next week :s

What do you think?! Have you experienced similar?! X

To be honest I wouldn't worry. Only you would know your body shape and how you feel. Do you think you were eating a lot more when you were doing all the exercise as I know before I went onto slimming world I tended to compensate for the extra exercise by eating more.

If you're still doing spinning etc then your legs are still using muscle etc.

I do the odd class of pump, running but mainly body combat and spinning and don't feel the need for weights in the gym.

Have you thought about taking all your measurements? Might help to see any changes

Shaun

shaunusbrownus said:
To be honest I wouldn't worry. Only you would know your body shape and how you feel. Do you think you were eating a lot more when you were doing all the exercise as I know before I went onto slimming world I tended to compensate for the extra exercise by eating more.

If you're still doing spinning etc then your legs are still using muscle etc.

I do the odd class of pump, running but mainly body combat and spinning and don't feel the need for weights in the gym.

Have you thought about taking all your measurements? Might help to see any changes

Shaun

No I wouldn't say I was eating loads more maybe a bit more but still following Sw. I suppose there must have been a bit extra but I wasn't eating crap if that makes sense just more free foods on the plan!

I think I'd just got in a rut doing same exercise and food all the time and just not exercising seemed to break me though the plateau but I am worried that ill end up back where I started now I'm back exercising again!

I really should take my measurements maybe ill do that today! Xx

I'm doing slimming world as well but feel the amount of exercise I'm doing Is compensating for the 10% time I'm not good. Personally I don't ever worry about weights though did body pump this morning followed by spinning. Would recommend body combat which I probably do 3 times a week. That alone will definitely promote muscle.

Back