Muscles for Weight Loss

SandyT

Well I'm approaching the 2 stone lost goal and I've bought myself a present - a multi gym!!! :D
Ive been doing Zumba 2-3 times a week to help tone as I lose and I've dug out the dumb bells and started to target the muscle groups, along with a swiss ball (gym ball) which i use my own body weight as the added weight and do squats on it ( can feel them quads now as the layer of fat is disappearing and my legs are starting to get decent shape instead of marshmallow legs!!!!) sitting doing a hula hoop shapes the waist and exercises all core muscles.
I know as everyone else does, but tend to forget, that we are covered in calorie munching fat burning muscles and what a better way to aid fat loss in actually using them!!! The more you use, build and train a muscle the more it requires fuel and will speed weight loss whilst the muscle tones and gives you back your figure. Forget the "I don't want to weight train as I don't want bulk" - absolute rubbish and will never happen unless you decide in bring a dedicated bodybuilder which actually takes years to achieve!!
i wonder why woman live with that misconception?

Anyway, I've started going to 'Pump It' at my local gym as I used to love going but had feel out of fitness due to needing a hip replacement and pain issues which led to weight gain and getting into this mess in the first place. So I've got some weight off and got back to exercise - my god does it make the tape measure work!!!!! My waist is nearly 28.5" now and I'm in a 12!
I found 2 brilliant professional advice guides in weight loss and training with weights from muscle & strength website and ill put them in here if anyone's interest. I have utilised them for my own use.

Last edited:
Have you read the new rules of lifting for women? That will give you some fuel for your fire :)

oooh tell me more - is it that woman have to lift a hell of a lot more weight than our counter parts as we only have a sniff of testosterone compared to them? For woman - lifting heavy weights and doing only a few reps (ie 6-8) makes much more of a sexy curved muscle than light weights and tonnes of reps!!

try and get the book you will thank me for it.

What book?

Thanks- I think it's similar to muscle & fitness 12wk sexy body and curves programme which I started on Monday - lost 4lbs!!!!! So far, so I've bought it to have a look at, the reviews are brilliant aren't they? I can always do that after I'm finished this one. If I succeed I shall post the pics - haven't told a sole I'm doing this as people will want me to fail - only my husband and kids know, my kids are super impressed. Shall keep u posted, and thanks xx

Back