Spray pan with frylight and brown off shallots and garlic
Add the rice and brown for 2 mins
Add splash of wine if using
Add mushrooms and some of stock
When all absorbed add more stock
Keep adding stock til all absorbed
Stir through the parmesan
Add pepper and salt to taste

Details on pack said to add all stock at the beginning and simmer for 20 mins but I was always told to add stock some at a time when doing risotto. Just make sure the rice is cooked through before serving.

Blimmey how delicious

deb x

have some dried mushrooms and arborio rice so this is on the menu for tomorrow night-ill make it a green day and post how i get on! xx

I would add a spoon of 0% Greek to it right before serving instead of the wine - syn free and gives it that lovely creamy flavour!

Just commenting to subscribe - I've just bought some risotto rice and am fancying this for tea tonight!

Always keep the stock hot on a low simmer in another saucepan so that when you add to the rice it doesn't cool the rice when adding it as otherwise the rice is being cooked at different temperatures as it keeps on having to reheat the stock whenever it's added!When finished, add your grated cheese & cover for a minute or two before serving.....

Always keep the stock hot on a low simmer in another saucepan so that when you add to the rice it doesn't cool the rice when adding it as otherwise the rice is being cooked at different temperatures as it keeps on having to reheat the stock whenever it's added!When finished, add your grated cheese & cover for a minute or two before serving.....

Great tips Pete, thank you!!

Well I gave it a whirl and it turned out great, considering it was my first attempt! I cooked off mushrooms and an onion with some garlic then added the rice and the stock about 100ml at a time. Instead of adding grated cheese I added half a tub of the cracked black pepper Low Low spread near to the end and it was delicious! I will definitely make it again and also experiment with different vegetable / flavour combinations! :)

Back