By Angela Griffin
From Taste of My Life
No recommendations. Sign in to recommend

Preparation time: less than 30 mins
Cooking time: 10 to 30 mins
Serves 4

Ingredients

Preparation method

1. Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic and fry until softened but not coloured.
  2. Add the rice, stir well and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the rice is slightly translucent.
  3. Add the white wine and stir well until the wine is almost completely absorbed.
  4. Add a ladleful of stock and allow the rice to absorb this liquid, stirring constantly. Add further ladlefuls of stock, stirring and allowing the rice to absorb almost all of the stock before adding the each ladleful.
  5. Once all the stock has been added and absorbed, add the mushrooms and stir well.
  6. Once the rice is cooked, but slightly al dente, add an extra knob of butter and the parmesan and stir well.
  7. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then spoon into warmed dishes and serve immediately.
Was wondering if I used wine vinegar instead would it work or if not can anyone suggest a sinfree recipe for me please?

Thanks in advance

x

When I make risotto I leave out the wine and just use more stock. Chicken usually. I fry (with frylight!) onion, garlic, mushrooms, chillis and ginger til soft, add the rice cook for a couple of mins then add the stock slowly. Once it's done I add coriander and parmesan. Very simple but it's delicious. Having said that I've never eaten a 'proper' risotto so mine might be awful compared to the real thing.:8855:

I have some dried mushrooms would they work or is fresh best

BTW love you site brit mum everyone in my office loves your baked cheesecake I seem to make one a week!!

I have some dried mushrooms would they work or is fresh best

BTW love you site brit mum everyone in my office loves your baked cheesecake I seem to make one a week!!

There is a mushroom risotto recipe on my blog, if you have dried mushrooms you could do that one, it uses a mixture or both dried and fresh. You just soak the mushrooms in some water and then save the water to use as a stock with some chicken stock too, for flavour. My recipe is one and 4 HEa's for the entire lot, but you could just omit the low fat spread and use frylight and just use less cheese.

There is a mushroom risotto recipe on my blog, if you have dried mushrooms you could do that one, it uses a mixture or both dried and fresh. You just soak the mushrooms in some water and then save the water to use as a stock with some chicken stock too, for flavour. My recipe is one and 4 HEa's for the entire lot, but you could just omit the low fat spread and use frylight and just use less cheese.

I search before & didn't see it but have now :D am on green so have a HEB & A left so will use the cheese for that. Yum

Back