Mushrooms on SS

sylvielove

Hiya all,

I am just starting week 2 today, feeling a bit like eating a scabby horse today!!

Anyway, my CDC said that I could eat mushrooms if I wanted to, either in soup or on their own. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere so I thought I'd ask if anyone else had been told the same or actually had them.

Thanks

Laura x

Hmm never heard of this. Be great if you can - would love to eat something!

Mushrooms are on the 810 plan. Are you SS-ing or SS+????

SSing. Thought it was too good to be true! My CDC is lovely but I think she sometimes tells me the wrong info. She told me to have lemon in my water and in the book it says no. She also gave me the bars first week and told me that I could do the whole diet on bars alone if I wanted to.

This forum is a godsend as you can double check info before you do it!

Thanks for the reply

Laura x

my cdc said alot of these things too, about the bars, no limit for water flavouring etc, so i got alot of my info on here too!
good luck with it all. xx

She told me to have lemon in my water and in the book it says no. She also gave me the bars first week and told me that I could do the whole diet on bars alone if I wanted to.

I'm afraid that is entirely the wrong information Laura. Adding lemon is definitely a no-no as the citric acid could knock you out of ketosis.

Also, bars are only allowed from Week 3 onwards and definitely ONLY one per day.

Good luck with Week 2! :)

Hi

You can have mushrooms on SS+ they got missed out of the book, pickled red cabbage also got missed but is allowed, however, lemon is strictly a no.

Last edited:
Isn't it worrying that a CDC (who I assume would have had some training) is giving incorrect information on CD? I could probably give better advice on CD having had been fortunate enough to have a brilliant CDC.

Hi

You can have mushrooms on SS and SS+ they got missed out of the book, pickled red cabbage also got missed but is allowed, however, lemon is strictly a no.

Just to clarify (sorry) I can have mushrooms and pickled red cabbage while ss-ing with no adverse affects to my weightloss or ketosis?

That is brilliant news! So my CDC got something right. She is a lovely lady just a little bit ditsy. The lemon thing came about because she said to put fresh lemon in a sparkling water while out so it looks like gin and tonic.

Thanks for the info, may even go to the shop now :D

Laura x

hi,

I am in the same boat as you!! I havent a clue what i can eat on SS, i am doing 3 packs a day and thats it apart from water and its killing me so far. Now im hearing on this forum you can have mushrooms, chicken, green salad etc. So its a bit annoying to be honest.

Ive been on it 2 days but havent had the book yet so thats probly why im unsure. can anyone clear this up for me??

Also if i am on SS but have annything apart from my 3 packets will i go out of Ketosis or will i loose weight slower????

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought SS (sole Source) meant exactly that, just your shakes/soups/tetras/bars etc.
I would love mushrooms and pickled cabbage though.

On SS you have 3 packs a day for like 4 weeks, then you can add a meal in which week you can eat stuff like mushrooms, green salad and chicken. But when you've just started you can't eat mushrooms etc on SS. On SS+ you can have a 200kcal meal but don't know what exactly is allowed there.

Its quite confusing, as there is conflicting advice.

Laura x

hi,

I am in the same boat as you!! I havent a clue what i can eat on SS, i am doing 3 packs a day and thats it apart from water and its killing me so far. Now im hearing on this forum you can have mushrooms, chicken, green salad etc. So its a bit annoying to be honest.

Ive been on it 2 days but havent had the book yet so thats probly why im unsure. can anyone clear this up for me??

Also if i am on SS but have annything apart from my 3 packets will i go out of Ketosis or will i loose weight slower????

Hi

Sorry I have edited your post above but only to change the colour as I couldn't read it.

Sole source is just that 3 packs and water.

The chicken, salad, mushrooms etc are part of Sole Source plus which is the next step up from SS and yes you do remain in ketosis.

I'd love mushrooms, but I'm on week 3 of SS+ are they ok? (I take it it's yes, I posted as the reply above went up so didn't see it before. Yay mushrooms!!!!)
With the bars, I've been on them since the end of week 1, I have them at night, is that why I lost very little last week?

Last edited:
why does it not say it in the book that we are allowed mushrooms as my cdc says that mushrooms are not allowed!im doing ss+,just want to get the right info before i get too excited!!and how much/many mushrooms are we allowed
thanks
Elaine

Hi

You can have mushrooms on SS and SS+ they got missed out of the book, pickled red cabbage also got missed but is allowed, however, lemon is strictly a no.

:)

Hi have edited my original post as should have said on SS+ mushrooms SS is just that packs and water.

Last edited by a moderator:
The mushrooms was accidently missed off. They are allowed on SS+ and up.

Not on SS of course, as SS doesn't include conventional food at all.

Back