Must be mad!!

Tammy-marie

My hubby thinks I'm mad because I keep watching cookery programs on tv!

I love smelling food too!! Lol

Anyone else do this? x

I'm the opposite re cookery programmes - I have to turn over any time anything involving food comes on TV.

But I LOVE smelling food too! Infact I've just asked my son if I can have a sniff of the cheese toastie he's just made for lunch. Don't know why but the smell of food seems to satisfy something inside. I also like sniffing my Cambridge Cranberry bar before I eat it, love the whiff of chocolate :)

Potter x

I'm also the opposite.
I'd rather watch supersize vs superskinny, where food is the problem.
I don't get tempted by smells or foods anymore whats so ever :)

Both me and OH love watching cookery programes, jamie oliver, and especially come dine with me. It actually doesnt bother me at all just makes me really look forward to cooking again xx
x

Been like that too - even bought some cook books! (plenty by otto leinghy (spelling?)) but at the moment I'm feeling v picky for food :-( on hols and the weather ain't great so just think I'm a little bored.

Haha yes I love watching cookery programs and man v food lol I'm on week 6 and have been like this since week one.. I also love smelling food my blokes always like bloody hell kez ya nearly inhaled half my dinner then!!! lol..I find it really helps me for some strange reason x

I'm glad I'm not the only one! lol
It's funny how it doesn't make me hungry but like some of you said it seems to satisfy something and makes me really look forward to cooking again one day! x

I have always loved food programmes and still do which is lucky as my teenage daughter is into Man vs Food and Choccywocciedodah! I'm quite happy to sit and dream :D

Hey kezzybee!! Ive only recently discovered man v food and oh my days I'm addicted to it!! I can't believe some of the stuff they have on there! I'll watch anything food/diet/cooking related no matter how nagging it might be to others!!

I enjoy cooking for my friends and family which they think I'd bonkers as incant eat it but they don't seen to understand how I can be around food and not stuff myself with what I've made! But I finally know for myself what the fabulous people mean when they say they no longer crave/ want food!

Haha I love it!! some of that food is amazing!! but yet it doesnt bother me that I couldnt eat it :)

Lol same! Although recently I've been kinda craving/ wanting meat, protein, meat!! Or so it seems as I'm not sure if I'm hungry or if it's cravings as I'm on day 28 now... So shouldn't be hungry!

I'm not hungry now either and my biggest craving now is weetabix lol, which is quite odd coz I never even used to eat it. I know what my breakfasts gonna be when I'm eating again haha

I've never been interested in cooking at all until I started SS. I now watch Jamie Oliver, hairy bikers, riverside cottage, come dine with me - the lot! I just love staring at good food - wonder whether it will inspire me to get into the kitchen when I eat food again...

Great thread!

I Absolutely love cooking and I have to say I usually ended up eating a pastiche of what I saw being made on those cookery shows (30 min meals mostly).
When I started Cambridge again I thought it was a bad idea to watch them but have done and it hasn't bothered me at all. I still watch them, still get inspiration and still make them for my husband who can't cook. It's the least I can do to give him nice food at home as obviously we won't be eating eat for a while! ;)
I think I did the right thing for me by not abstaining from cooking and being around food as it was so hard at first, but feels easy now and I'm not worried about being tempted when someone suddenly slides a burger under my nose! -saying that though, I won't be baking cakes for a while!!!

I doubt that I can watch a cooking show being on week two and all....maybe when I get into it like the rest of you

earlier on i was enjoying the smell of onions being cooked in butter (i love onions) now i am inhaling the fragrance of the ham and chicken pie they went into! It's like having a taste, but without the calories!

i cant wait to cook again, its my favourite past time, ive got so many things i wanna do - starting with breadmaking :)

Back