Must stop weighing CONSTANTLY :-(

slinky1131

OMG!! Someone stop me from weighing all the time! I have ranged from:
Sunday 14st 8lbs (3lb gain due to a pizza issue!)
Monday 14st 4.5lbs
Tuesday 14st 6.5lbs
I know this is fluid from coming out of ketosis and eating some carbs but I'my own worst enemy!

Step away from the scales!!! ha! im the exact same im never off the bloody things! ive had to hide them!

Oh I am the same. I was going to ask how often everybody weighs?

I cant stop weighing myself every morning and sometimes at night. It actually spurs me on to see the scales go down even 0.1 pound.

I know I should weigh once a week, but its too exciting to weigh everyday and I am impatient.

I do avoid the scales if eaten alot though, it loses its charm! Lol

Maybe we should all step away together?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Haha good idea tinker but its hard isnt it! when the sacles are just sat there on the bathroom floor longing for someone to stand on them.ha! i can sometimes weigh myself upto 6 times a day! its stupid but i too am like you it spurs me on and even the days when ive got water retention and maybe gain a little that doesnt nock me off! as i know im not eating enough to put weight on so sod it!

I weigh every morning that I'm at home. You can only do it if you don't get upset at upwards fluctuations. I change my profile here when I remember and only when I get to a full lb loss.

Btw, the american weight loss registry says the people who keep at goal long term weigh daily, and take action if they tick up. So I don't see it as such as bad thing as long as you stay on track.

I still get suprised sometimes at WI, when it's more than I was expecting!

Ali

I agree it could help me keep on track, if I havent stuck and it goes up, I can reign it in. Its when I avoid completely I go into binge mode.

I dont get upset if it stays the same on a VLCD as I know in a day or two it will go down again.
Maybe it is a bit obsessive though , but again its finding out what works best for us.

Isn't it strange...when we are not dieting we avoid the scales like they carry the bubonic plague, then we go on a diet and suddenly are feet are glued to them.lol.

Lol that's so true Linda lol

Lol so true, its like a caffeine addiction, is weighing lol
The euphoric side effect is so true.lol

hello all,

my pack has arrived and im going to start S&S tomorrow, im currently doing Slim Fast (last day today - wahoo) and i weigh myself every morning!!! but then i weigh myself when i get home from work as sometimes it drops! (wahoo) and then if i weigh myself and its gone up a little i think o stupid scales are wrong or ooo i have my bracelet and ring on still (like that would actually count towards 1lb!!! haha)

i think with starting this diet im def going to be weighing as im too impatient.

Once i got on the scales and was 1.5lbs up than i was the day before was annoyed and as i stepped off i sneezed. . . then i thought scales are obviously wrong so weighed again and hey presto the 1.5lbs had gone!! haha sneezing is the answer to weght loss!! hahah i wish!

x x x

Same here. I wish I wasn't addicted to the scales. Yesterday morning 11st 3lb and today (secretly hoping it would be 11st 2lb), jumped on the scales and it's bloody 11st 5lb again :( What the hell happened there? Well I know what happened, but it's still not fair, stuck to everything rigidly and that's what happens ..... makes me feel P****d off with myself when I did nothing wrong. Thing is, I just know that as soon as I get home from work I'll be jumping back on them. It's like a blinking drug!

defo!!! if there was a man in an alley with a long coat on selling scales to women on diets he would make more than a drug dealer! haha!!

*sigh* if only they sold will power. . . i would stock right up!!!! xxx

Lol..so true..if scales were made smaller...I think I would carry them with me in my bag lol.

haha omg def!!! just in case we lost 0.1lb between leaving home and getting to work haha x x x

Well you never know lol.

cant help Im afraid i weight every morning

I think as long as you are aware of what is happening to your body and dont freak out when you eat carbs and gain 3 lb overnight then its a handy way of keeping track of things and getting to know how your body works

when ive fallen off plan for a day ive often got on the scale the next day to find im still the same , but the next day i gain even though im back on plan , its just your body holding onto the water you drank the day before , this will fluctuate through hormones and totm as well of course

Knowledge is power, once you understand the fluctuations , daily weighing is ok in my opinion

just not more than once a day , thats obsessive lol:)

I'm obviously a hopeless case as I weigh every morning, when I get home from work and then before bed :).

BG:

You weigh thrice? Wow.

On rare occasions, I have had a pre-bed weigh and then laugh as it's higher than the am. I often weigh twice in the am - immediately after I've peed, and then if necessary, a bit later when I've hmmmm evacuated. As they say, every little bit makes a difference!

Anyone else want to confess to daily WI?

Ali

When I was alot bigger, my weight loss went down over the course of the day. It was awesome. Now it rises though. :-0

Back