Extra Easy Days Must we eat a 1/3 suprefree e en when snacking?

nfarnon

I've just been told that when snacking eg mugshot if you don't have a super free this should be syned to the highest value?? I thought that was just when using the success express leaflet I always thought the best thing about sw was all the free things you could snack on besides fruit or veg have I been wrong???

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

On extra easy SW recommend making superfree foods your first choice for snacks but the occasional free food snack is still okay. Personally I would not consider a mugshot to be a snack because it is relatively high in calories. That said I don't know who told you that you need to syn it at the higher rate but they are wrong.

I also think it is a huge generalisation to say that EE won't work unless all snacks are superfree. If all snacks are meant to be superfree just when you are supposed to use your syns? SW are actually a lot more relaxed about the whole question of superfree than you might think from reading some forums.

I have never syned free foods when having them as snacks and it hasn't been as issue for me. As far as I'm aware you don't need to.

Obviously I think you should and go for something super free first but the reason we are on slimming world is because we can eat what we like right?? (within reason of course)

first choice for snacks should always be superfree where possible, but of course it may not always be satisfying enough which is when you may look at other free foods/syns

However, It is also worth bearing in mind the difference between FREE FOODS and SYN FREE foods. A baked potato would be a FREE FOOD, however a mug shot is a SYN FREE food.

Free Foods are those listed on your basic FREE FOOD lists, Syn Free foods, have free foods in them and when calculated using the syns calculator work out as syn free. However they may not always be the highest satiety foods.

Just remember 1/3 superfree where possible with meals and try to eat till satisfied not FULL (is the hard one to recognise) and you cant go wrong.

Back