Mutterings of a 30 year old food addict.

Not sure where I was putting this.... This will be a weight loss diary and a food diary (plus all my general ramblings about my day! :rolleyes:) .....please move if not in the correct place.

Anyway ...... Hello and welcome :)

My names Lotte, I'm 30, married with a 6 month old little girl.
I work within the NHS but I am currently on maternity leave until September.

Now for the crucial bit....
I'm 5ft 5 and weigh 13st6 (188lbs) = BMI 31 :eek:
My current target is 10st so that's a weight loss target of 3st6 (48lbs) = BMI 23 :cool:
Current clothes size 12 on tops and 16 in bottoms (fat bottom girls you make my rocking world go round!!:whistle:)

I'm awaiting to hear back from work about slimming world vouchers where I can get a 12week starter. Fingers crossed that they hurry up as I'm itching to get started, go to my first meeting and get my books.

I've had a read through whats online about the extra easy plan and a look on here and have a rough idea of what I'm doing. Until I've been to my first meeting and can read through the books, I have no idea about syn values and portion sizes of my healthy extras.... But I'm going to stick to the core principles of what I understand and just be sensible about the other bits (syns and healthy extras):tongue:

...... With me luck!!

Lotte x
:bunnydance:

Last edited:
02/05/16

Breakfast = 2x weetabix, muller light, banana
Snack = apple
Lunch = salad, beetroot, ham, boiled egg, potato salad (made with quark, spring onions and paprika)
Snack = hot chocolate made with milk
Dinner = roast chicken, roast potatoes, carrots and sprouts, gravy

HeA = milk
HeB = weetabix

Syns (I have no idea of syn values yet)= hot chocolate, oil on roast potatoes and the gravy.

Any feed back on my food is gladly welcome... any way to improve would be ace :p

Last edited:
Going to weigh in the morning.

Not holding out much hope for my first week as I don't think I stuck to plan as strictly as I should of over the bank holiday weekend and I came on yesterday so I feel like a bloated whale today!! :(

That all being said I have quite enjoyed my slimming world food this week. Overnigt oats are AMAZING :p and being able to have guilt free pasta and potatoes at lunch time is fantastic :eating:.

Hey Hun I restarted SW today its fab I lost 4 stone in just over 8 months last year on it :)

I love overnight oats too :) xxx

03/05/16

Breakfast = strawberries, overnight oats (oats, muller light, frozen berries)
Snack = banana and coffee
Lunch = cous cous and chicken salad
Snack = carrot and celery sticks with home made spicy hummus
Dinner = omlette with cheese, peppers and onion, jacket potato, beans

HeA = cheese
HeB = porridge oats

Syns = small amount of milk in coffee, knob of butter the omelette was cooked in

Last edited:
Oh hun how do you make your spicy hummus?

Sounds like a fab day hun xxx

It's dead easy!
I use a tin of chick peas in water.... Throw the lot in a blender (water inc.) add a garlic clove (2 if their small ones), lots of paprika and some cayenne pepper.... Blend!

It's a bit more watery and not as creamy as shop bought, buts it's free and makes a nice afternoon snack with some veg.

Weigh Day No. 1
:scale:

13st5
Loss of 1lb

I'm happy-ish with that considering my pizza/ice cream misdemeanor at the weekend.... and its my period week.....plus I still havnt a clue about syns yet!

Must do better at the weekend's!!! :D

Unofficial week 1 = -1 lb (*)

Last edited:
Aaagggghhhh.......

I've got the hunger today.... I can't stop thinking about food!!
It's half 12 and I've already had my overnight oats, a banana, picked at mushrooms while I was making my lunch, I've eaten my lunch (couscous chicken salad) I e got 2 eggs boiling n the hob to gobble down.... I just can't stop!

I've drunk so much water, I've been out to my mum and baby group this morning... Baby's asleep so can't go for a walk just yet!!

It's days like this I would of popped to asda to get myself some cake or a packet of biscuits or something..... Gggrrrrr!

:eatdrink051:

I've restarted today, I lost just over 3st with Extra Easy about five years ago and kept it off for quite a long time, fluctuating half a stone up and down for a good year or more. Then it started to creep on again when I became complacent and oddly began a bit of a binge-restrict cycle pattern, which has left me almost back where I started. Never mind, today's another day one!

Syns for oil are 6 for 1 level tbsp if it's just vegetable oil. Hot chocolate and gravy will depend on the brands and the quantities, but it doesn't sound like too bad a day :)

If it cheers you up any, way back when I started I used to have weeks like your day today where I just couldn't stop picking. Constantly at the fridge with the door open and nothing was quite hitting the spot. I'd eat a mugshot, a banana, pickled onions, a babybel light, an apple, another apple, some cottage cheese with cucumber, some couscous, quorn pieces, another apple.... ETC... but those weeks never stopped me losing weight in the long term. I remember having a maintain week and the only change I had made was eating one whole pound (in weight!!!) of grapes per day as the market moved close to my office!! Served me right for being so over the top, but generally hungry days didn't mean gains if I only munched on foods on plan.

Good luck with your losses and well done on your first week resulting in a loss, that's really cool if you've not even got all the rules to hand! :) x

Thanks for the hummus recipe I will try it, well done on the weigh loss, I Hate hungry days.

I always have mug shot, to me they feel like a cheat food :)

xxxx

Thanks ladies. I also manage to polish of a bowl of left over roast chicken that I was supposed to use for my lunch tomorrow!

I had a very welcom text from my neighbour inviting us for a walk around a local country park... so that got me oh the house and away from the food (plus a bit of exercise with the baby in the sling) :cool:

Jules I hope you like it... you'll have to keep tasting it to get the right amount of cayenne pepper (too much and you'll blow your head off!!)

04/05/16

Breakfast = Mellon, overnight oats
Snack = banana
Lunch = couscous chicken and salad
Snack = 2x boiled eggs, loads of chicken (I had one of those eat anything out of the fridge afternoons)
Dinner = Shepard pie
Evening = cup of tea

HeA = cheese (on shepards pie)
HeB = oats

Syns = shepards pie mix, milk in a cup of tea

Last edited:
05/05/16

Not been so good today :(

Breakfast = Mellon, ham and mushroom egg cups
Snack = strawberry and raspberry smoothly (shakeaway)
Lunch = jacket potato with beans and salad
Snack =
Dinner = birdseye chicken quarter pounder, McCain oven chips and peas (hubby was cooking dinner!)

HeA = milk
HeB =

Syns = fruit smoothy (goodness knows) and dinner (a quick Google search I recon was 2.5 for the chips and 10 for the chicken burger... won't let the husband buy those again)

Anyone know how many syns are in a shake away?? Or is it best not to know?? I've been having a "pink penny" each week after our baby rhythm time as a treat! :oops: ...... They make it with fat free frozen yogurt if that helps!

Also.... How terrible is it to not use your healthy extras in a day??

Hi :) Looks like you're doing really well so far, have you been able to join a group yet? Generally syns work out as 1 syn per 20calories if there's no free food in it, so stuff like bread, crisps, cake etc.. If you're having something like a an options or a Cadbury's highlights they are only usually in the region of about 2-3 syns.
I tried to have a look for you for the pink penny but couldn't see any nutritional information about it online, so wouldn't really like to guess the syns.. sounds intriguing though, what's in it? I love milkshakes/icecream.
As for healthy Extras, they used to say you HAD to have them but now my consultant says you only have to have them if you want them. So if you want them definitely fit them in but I wouldn't eat them for the sake of it.

Sorry hope this hasn't sounded too preachy haha! Hope it helps :)

Hi hun,

I don't always have my HE each day hun.

xxxx

Ah thats good to know. I mean it will only be occasional days (i cant go that long without cheese!) But on days i havnt had it... it seems like a waste to just have it for the sake of it if im not hungry.

Today is going much better.... went swimming with baby this morning and then popped to Argos to buy her a Sun shade tent thing for the garden..... now we are just chilling in the sun, she's gone to sleep and I've finally had time to get my book out :D

I've had my jacket and beans for lunch and we've got Sun free spag vol for dinner tonight..... I think it's easier to not eat so much when it's hotter.

06/05/16

Breakfast = overnight oats
Snack = banana
Lunch = jacket potato with beans and salad
Snack = carrot and celery sticks with spicy humus.
Dinner = spag bol with grated cheese 2x glasses of red wine

HeA = cheese
HeB = oats

Syns = wine

Last edited:
Back