My 4hour body adventure diary

Samiamfa

Okay, so after seeing some major success with friends of mine using the 4 hour body diet, my husband and I are giving it a go. As an Atkins veteran i am happy to be able to eat some salad and greens, this will help me to stay on plan longer. I'll be posting my food diary for anyone who wants to see what the fuss is all about!

Day one -
Breakfast-:
2 x poached eggs
2x 99% pork sausages
1x massive mushroom with black truffle olive oil
1/4 tin of tomatoes
1x cup of black tea

Lunch-:
ham salad with olive oil and balsamic dressing
Homemade coleslaw with mayo, red cabbage, onion, grated carrot
1tsp sesame seeds
1x black tea

Dinner-:
Big bowl of chili with kidney beans and carrots.

If anyone else is on the 4hb let me know how it's working for you!

...you know you can eat lots of salad and greens on Atkins, right? I eat celery, cucumber, lettuce, asparagus, cabbage, broccoli, spring onions, shallots, leeks, the occasional tomato, cauliflower, celeriac, mushrooms and more all within my carb limit.

I haven't heard of the 4 hour diet, might have to go look it up. Good luck with it!

The big pull for me is on 4hb you get to have a binge day where nothing is out of bounds... I need that motivation of being able to eat chocolate at the end of the week lol there are some awesome blogs with recipes for 4hb, I'll post them a bit later :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Day two-
Breakfast-:
2 x poached eggs
2x 99% pork sausages
2x slices of bacon
1/4 tin of tomatoes
1x cup of black tea

Lunch-:
Peppered minute steak with salad.
Homemade coleslaw with mayo, red cabbage, onion
Diet coke

Dinner-:
Strips of fillet steak in a mushroom sauce made with 1 dessert spoon of quark shallots and slices of Aubergine.

Snack-: 2 slices of ham and 4 slices of chorizo

Some awesome websites that are helping me on my journey are :
http://www.eslowcarbdiet.com/

http://fourhourbody.com/

http://4hourpeople.com/

http://www.fourhourbodycouple.com/

Obviously the book from amazon is awesome too.
So far I've been sleeping better and have lost around 2 kilos in 5 days

Not sure what you mean about being an Atkins veterin the adding that eating salad is good. Atkins is all about eating veg and salad ....

Anyway, checking this out. Did you subscribe to the four hour diet page you linked, the one it says about 2 hours sleep? is this true, how dies two hours sleep work out?

The difference with the four hour body, is that the salad and veg is unlimited you don't have to count the carbs and stay within limits you can also drink 2 glasses of red wine a night too. (although I prefer to use my wine allowance in cooking). It's described as a 'slow carb' diet. It's the unlimited veg that I used to miss on the Atkins, that's why it wasn't the right diet for me.

Me and my group are not following the sleep or body building exercise portion, as we are getting sufficient results with just the food and the normal exercise from day to day life, I know there are a lot of people out there taking the same approach. . For example I've lost 4.5 kilos this week and I've only been on the diet 5 days. It's my binge day tomorrow and I plan to consume as much chocolate as I possibly can!

Day 3
Breakfast-:
2 poached eggs and 2x bacon

Lunch-:
Grilled chicken and a chorizo and pistachio salad

Dinner-: aubergine, onion, pepper tomato and chicken kebabs with a large pile of fried aubergine slices.

Snack:- Large ham salad and 2 cups of coffee

Day 4

Breakfast-: 3slices of ham
Lunch-: 2poached eggs, sausage, bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms.
Dinner-: prime fillet steak, garlic mushrooms covered in sesame seeds, asparagus and fried onions and tomatoes.
Snack-: pepparami x 2 and chargrilled chicken tikka strips in salad with black truffle olive oil and balsamic vinegar. 2 glasses of diet coke crush= ice, dirt coke and vanilla essence.

Day 5
Breakfast-:
Steak and fried egg

Lunch-: poached egg and ham with rocket salad.

Dinner-: large bowl of chilli topped with grilled aubergine.

Per cheat day weigh in. 4. 5 kilos

Just got the book. I follow a primal diet at the moment but I was in waterstones, saw the book, remembered your post, started reading it and had to buy it! I love the way he writes and totally agree with his overall approach (re the science). Havent decided if I'll do the diet - I've been primal eating for 4 weeks now and just don't feel I want to eat junk, although I may introduce a paleo friendly stuff-yourself day coz I agree that it provides a weight loss and psychological boost.

Please keep posting - am so interested in your progress and when I have more time will follow up the links you kindly posted :)

Last edited:
That's awesome! Today is my cheat day, I've got to say that waking up this morning was exciting knowing that I am about to reward myself for all of my hard work. I have been waiting for this all week! I have never been on an eating plan and remained as happy, optimistic and genuinely motivated..... Ever! I'm going to introduce some exercise in the next week to see if it affects my losses. I'll update you all later on my cheat day menu... Brace yourself, it's going to be horrendous lol!

Very interested to see what your results are going to be..... Enjoy your day off :)

Are you doing the supplements and exercises he recommends on a cheat day?
No I'm not. I'm not really a fan of exercise so I am just doing 1/2 hour twice a week on the treadmill ( walking not running) 1/2 hour brisk walk on the beach. On cheat days,I literally just have the day off and treat myself to all the things I fancied during the week.
Athough I am following the eating plan, the rest is too extreme for me right now, and since this seems to be working for me and my group (one of them is on their 3rd week and their 3rd 4kg loss!) and I am finding it almost too easy... I don't want to tempt fate by ruining my enthusiasm for the plan. If my losses slow down, then I will incorperate more elements from the book.
Yesterday I ate ......
1 bag of Peanut M&M's
2 sausage rolls
2 cups of tea with milk and sugar
1 packet of McCoys crisps
1 indian which consisted of mushroom pilau rice, korma, naan, bombay aloo and chips.
I completely gorged, and now I know why it is encouraged.... it made me feel so poo having all of the carbs and sugar in my system, that next cheat day I will be more sensible. I must have been so de-sensitized to sugar before 4hb, that on cheat day, it make me feel queasy!

Believe it or not, by the time I got into bed, I was looking forward to my 4hb food today.:D
Sooooo.. Day 6:

Breakfast-:
1x Sausage
1x Poached egg
1X Bacon
1/4 tin of tomatoes.

Lunch -:
BBQ at friends house, so I had, 2 sausages, 10+ strips of cucumber and hoummus and a diet coke.

Snack:-
3 slices of pepparoni,
3 slices of Salami
1 pepparami and hummous.
1 sugar free jelly.

Dinner-:
large steaming bowl of Chunky Chilli ( diced steak, tomatoes, onion, mushroom, tonnes of kidney beans and peppers)

Day 7:

Breakfast-:

1x Poached egg
4 Slices of Salami

Lunch -:
Chicken Tikka Strips and salad

1 pepparami and hummous.

Dinner-:
Steak and fried onions and mushrooms. Sliced fried aubergine.

Day 8:

Breakfast-:

Black coffee
4 Slices of bacon

Lunch -:
Chicken Tikka Strips, pepperoni, onion salad

1 pepparami and hummous.

Dinner-:

Chunky beef stew

Day 9:

Breakfast-:

scrambled egg (without milk) and smoked salmon

Lunch -:
prawn salad

1 pepparami and hummous.

Dinner-:

Steak and mushroom sauce ( made with a tblsp of quark, water garlic, black pepper and truffle oil)

Day 10:

Breakfast-:

Black coffee
2 Slices of bacon
Poached egg x 2

Lunch -:
Smoked salmon and prawn salad

2 pepparami.

Dinner-:

Chilli with sliced anf fried aubergine.

Back