My Atkins diary

Sam_Dodd

Silver Member
Hello! I've been hanging around for a while and last Friday 8th November I started Atkins.

I joined Minis in March when I started Lipotrim, I was 14st and stayed on Lipotrim for 5 weeks and lost 3st. I then enjoyed the summer, went on holiday, had endless bbq's, went on 2 hen nights and 2 weddings. FUN! But I could feel the weight creeping back on. I Weighed in on 28th October and I had put 10lbs on, not too drastic but I had to stop it before it came too serious!

I did about 11 days on lipotrim and lost 14lbs taking me to 10st10lbs, I then started Atkins.

I'm now in my second week and I'm really enjoying it although I haven't lost any weight, in fact I've put 1lb on. Surely this can only be expected right?? Seen as though I hadn't eaten for 11 days prior to starting?? Well that's what I'm telling myself anyway ;)

So that's where I'm up to now. I've only got about 12lbs to loose, hopefully doing a diary will keep me on the straight and narrow and if I'm doing anything wrong you guys can point it out to me? PLEEEEASE? :D

Right so yesterday:-

Breakfast - 3 egg omelette with 3 pieces of grilled bacon
Snack - Green smoothie (spinach, cabbage, cucumber, 1 tomato and 100ml of unsweeted soya milk and water)
Lunch - 1 chicken breast
Dinner - Ribeye Steak with a large handful of spinach and couple of spoonfuls homemade peppercorn sauce (cream, peppercorns and pan juices) small amount of s/f jelly and cream (first time I've had anything sweet since starting)
Drinks - 2l water, 2 green teas 2 coffee with cream

Does this seem ok? too much cream? too much green? opinions/advice APPRECIATED!!

Feeling less and less motivated as the days go by :(

Yesterdays menu:

Breakfast: chorizo and spinach omelette
lunch: chicken breast salad with mayo and an egg
Snacks: 3 x peperamis, 1 mini babybel, a couple of slices of salami, a piece of mattersons smoked sausage and a green smoothie.
Drinks: 2l water, 2 coffees with cream

Didn't eat any dinner just snacked throughout the day

I'm also feeling feeling less motivated with the menu on atkins..

You seem to be eating what your supposed to though so keep at it and I'm sure you'll see results.

Do you feel like your in ketosis?

Yeah I think so, I should still be in it from Lipotrim cos I didn't re-feed I just went straight on to Atkins. The menu can boring can't it, I'd kill for some fruit! ha!

Hiya Sam, how're you getting on? Have you lost some of the weight you put on after Lipotherm? I have heard loads of people on here saying that after VLCD/Shake diet they have gained or sts when starting Atkins. Keep at it if it makes you feel good, your body will adjust and the weight will come off!

Just a note on your food, it looks good to me.

Personally I only have a very small amount of processed meats (ie salami/bacon, etc) and I never eat anywhere near 20g carbs (max veg I think is like 200g-300g - always broccoli/mushrooms/spinach/cauli/celery). I stalled when I first restarted Atkins as I was eating about 20g carbs and didn't lose anything for a month!

I think everyone is different and you have to find what works for you. Some people stall if they have too much cream, cheese, processed meats, etc.

Hiya! I just sent you a message on myfitnesspal! Anyway thanks for the reply, I'm back on Lipotrim for 2 weeks then I'll do low carb/calorie counting. I think you're right about the salami ect, I must have been eating too much of it.

Good luck with your weight loss you'll be in the 15's in no time!!

Back