MY BIG FAT DIET - 2stone on in 6 weeks!

Hi,

Did anyone see the documentary last night with Claire Sweeney called My Big Fat Diet?

claires.png

I have been flicking through several of the new year diet shows... UK's Biggest Looser, Paul Mckenna... etc. etc. None of them can hold my interest, but I really got so much out of this documentary.

Claire went from a BMI of 21.3 to BMI 25.5 - the difference in her appearance in just 6 weeks of eating what she wanted is actually amazing.

She looks more healthy and attractive at BMI 21 - BMI 25.5 just puts her into the overweight category but this made a big difference not only on her looks but on her health assessment.

I completed 13 weeks of TFR on 23rd august, I started at a BMI of 31 and stopped at a BMI of 22.7 (my chemist would not let me get to my goal of BMI 21).

More than 4 months have passed and now I am weighing in with a BMI of 26 :(

I hovered mostly between BMI 23-24 until the end of November, then I ate out 6 days in a row and I just ate what I wanted, I could feel the pounds just pile on. Then Christmas was approaching and I ate out 2 or 3 times most weeks in December.

Putting on so much weight in such a short time really made me feel so down about myself, and so frustrated.

Last night I realised that what had happened to me was perfectly normal. Anyone who eats what they want for a few weeks will get FAT!

Watching the TV show last night made me realise how much I want to get to and maintain a BMI of 21/22. It also made me realise that once I get there I can NEVER have a week or 2 off, because that just leads to a month or so, and then wham bam thank you mam, you are a fat whale again :(

I think as well when you loose a lot of weight, so many people start to tell you to stop once you reach BMI 25, this kind of messes with your head, when I got to BMI 22.7 people where telling me I was too skinny, but I didnt feel skinny, I was well aware that I still had some chub I would love to get rid off.

I am going to start Lipotrim again this month, and this time I will remain focused to get to my goal of BMI 21 and maintain BMI 21/22.

People will say that when you do TFR the weight will just pile on straight away afterwards. People expect you to get fat again. And when you are in the TFR zone you genuninely cannot believe that this will happen to you, "I'll show em" you think...

Claire Sweeney has been slim for years, she has maintained a healthy diet and exercise regime to keep her nice figure. So TFR has nothing to do with putting the weight back on, we could all do it the slow way, but the weight will just go on just as quick whether you loose it with TFR or with an "ordinary" diet.

I notice that there are quite a few old faces here on the forum, I cannot say I am "glad" to see you all! It would be my wish that we were all nice and slim and slender.

Life is journey, and we all have our ups and downs and make mistakes. I know where I have went wrong, and I hope that I have learnt my lesson, and when I get back to my goal, that I will have the discipline and will power to enjoy maintaining my new healthy body.

I look forward to watching everyone's weight loss journey in 2009, and lets make this reunion the last! :)

Lots of Love,
Julz
x

Hiya gorgeous, thats just what ive done over the last 3 months and now back here....bugger!:mad: Although she looks better in a bikini than me :Dxx

heya julz, wb hun ( shame we gotta meet here again lol ) im bk to lol as from next week , not had WI yet im dredding it lol

twit twoo

Hiya gorgeous, thats just what ive done over the last 3 months and now back here....bugger!:mad: Although she looks better in a bikini than me :Dxx

I bet u look good in a pair of trunks! You will once you get back to goal anyway!!! :)

Im def going to go back on TFR - next week I think!

Here's to our last time xox :)

Sheep you as well lol what are we all like haha! xx

hey

heya julz, wb hun ( shame we gotta meet here again lol ) im bk to lol as from next week , not had WI yet im dredding it lol

hey u! yeah, its a shame, but at least we have the determination to get back on the wagon, and lets hope we can learn from it this time eh?

Im just think how i used to feel when i got dressed up - wow i felt great! I just want to get back there and stay there!

Im starting next week too babe.

:)

good luck - we can do it xox

hey u! yeah, its a shame, but at least we have the determination to get back on the wagon, and lets hope we can learn from it this time eh?

Im just think how i used to feel when i got dressed up - wow i felt great! I just want to get back there and stay there!

Im starting next week too babe.

:)

good luck - we can do it xox

I was just thinking what you looked like undressing:pxx

Hi Julz, sorry to hear that you gained so much weight but good to see you fighting it in your characteristic down-to-earth determined and enthusistic manner!
Well as you can see I returned to TFR last week too. I started at a BMI of just under 30 and stopped about same time as you at BMI of 23ish. For the first 2 months (sept and oct) I was on fire -healthy eating and exercising rigorously. Then in Nov. & Dec. I really slipped into careless eating sorta thinking I was invincible and couldn't gain any more weight. I went up to BMI of 24.4 and feeling bloated before getting jolted into action. All the while friends and family were saying I was OK, I'd be too gaunt if I lost more weight etc. Now I'm back on TFR for a short while to get to BMI of 22.
This time when I go into maintenance I'll be monitoring myself knowing for sure that eating carellessly will do that to me again. As you said Julz, this should be our last reunion on TFR. We should only be meeting on the refeed forum with maintenance stories after this!
Meanwhile, stay focused Julz, you KNOW you can do this and we believe in you! :)

lol

I was just thinking what you looked like undressing:pxx

Hey, i think i will glady post some naked pictures when i get to BMI 21 - ill be so frickin happy to get there lol - so u wont have to think - ill show ya! lol

your on deal and im going to hold you to that;):Dx

Hi,

Did anyone see the documentary last night with Claire Sweeney called My Big Fat Diet?

claires.png

I have been flicking through several of the new year diet shows... UK's Biggest Looser, Paul Mckenna... etc. etc. None of them can hold my interest, but I really got so much out of this documentary.

Claire went from a BMI of 21.3 to BMI 25.5 - the difference in her appearance in just 6 weeks of eating what she wanted is actually amazing.

She looks more healthy and attractive at BMI 21 - BMI 25.5 just puts her into the overweight category but this made a big difference not only on her looks but on her health assessment.

I completed 13 weeks of TFR on 23rd august, I started at a BMI of 31 and stopped at a BMI of 22.7 (my chemist would not let me get to my goal of BMI 21).

More than 4 months have passed and now I am weighing in with a BMI of 26 :(

I hovered mostly between BMI 23-24 until the end of November, then I ate out 6 days in a row and I just ate what I wanted, I could feel the pounds just pile on. Then Christmas was approaching and I ate out 2 or 3 times most weeks in December.

Putting on so much weight in such a short time really made me feel so down about myself, and so frustrated.

Last night I realised that what had happened to me was perfectly normal. Anyone who eats what they want for a few weeks will get FAT!

Watching the TV show last night made me realise how much I want to get to and maintain a BMI of 21/22. It also made me realise that once I get there I can NEVER have a week or 2 off, because that just leads to a month or so, and then wham bam thank you mam, you are a fat whale again :(

I think as well when you loose a lot of weight, so many people start to tell you to stop once you reach BMI 25, this kind of messes with your head, when I got to BMI 22.7 people where telling me I was too skinny, but I didnt feel skinny, I was well aware that I still had some chub I would love to get rid off.

I am going to start Lipotrim again this month, and this time I will remain focused to get to my goal of BMI 21 and maintain BMI 21/22.

People will say that when you do TFR the weight will just pile on straight away afterwards. People expect you to get fat again. And when you are in the TFR zone you genuninely cannot believe that this will happen to you, "I'll show em" you think...

Claire Sweeney has been slim for years, she has maintained a healthy diet and exercise regime to keep her nice figure. So TFR has nothing to do with putting the weight back on, we could all do it the slow way, but the weight will just go on just as quick whether you loose it with TFR or with an "ordinary" diet.

I notice that there are quite a few old faces here on the forum, I cannot say I am "glad" to see you all! It would be my wish that we were all nice and slim and slender.

Life is journey, and we all have our ups and downs and make mistakes. I know where I have went wrong, and I hope that I have learnt my lesson, and when I get back to my goal, that I will have the discipline and will power to enjoy maintaining my new healthy body.

I look forward to watching everyone's weight loss journey in 2009, and lets make this reunion the last! :)

Lots of Love,
Julz
x

Welcome back hun I know you can do it xx

You too hun- good luck you know you can! xx

Hey, i think i will glady post some naked pictures when i get to BMI 21 - ill be so frickin happy to get there lol - so u wont have to think - ill show ya! lol

Gaz wont let you forget that one! Did you get your picture done in your WW outfit? xx

ty

Hi Julz, sorry to hear that you gained so much weight but good to see you fighting it in your characteristic down-to-earth determined and enthusistic manner!
Well as you can see I returned to TFR last week too. I started at a BMI of just under 30 and stopped about same time as you at BMI of 23ish. For the first 2 months (sept and oct) I was on fire -healthy eating and exercising rigorously. Then in Nov. & Dec. I really slipped into careless eating sorta thinking I was invincible and couldn't gain any more weight. I went up to BMI of 24.4 and feeling bloated before getting jolted into action. All the while friends and family were saying I was OK, I'd be too gaunt if I lost more weight etc. Now I'm back on TFR for a short while to get to BMI of 22.
This time when I go into maintenance I'll be monitoring myself knowing for sure that eating carellessly will do that to me again. As you said Julz, this should be our last reunion on TFR. We should only be meeting on the refeed forum with maintenance stories after this!
Meanwhile, stay focused Julz, you KNOW you can do this and we believe in you! :)

:( oh i really am gutted about putting on weight again, but thank you for your lovely message and words of encouragement... i do feel a little apprehensive about starting LT again. I am getting myself prepared to start it next week. The gym I joined phoned me last night to let me know he missed me and wanted me to come back, which I thought was nice and very good timing for me - another encouragement at the right time.

I know you are going well from reading your posts, you will probably be off TFR by the time I start - so see u in the refeed section(the other side).

This time is the last time.

Love,
Julz

yknow i watched the same program and i suddenly realised, i couldnt eat wat i wanted even when i get slim!! i honestly thought i could and had beaten myself up for the fact of putting 2 out of the 3 stone back on thinking it was me, well i know it was me but uknow what i mean lol anyway i get where your coming from and it just means we have to be even bordering on obsessive about what we eat when we do get anywhere near target, life will never be the same again but if we wanna be slim suppose we have to just go there! good luck hun jx

Welcome back hun I know you can do it xx

Thanks babe, I have to be honest and admit I feel a little bit scared about starting again, but I really feel so uncomfortable with my weight, so I am sure that I will get really motivated as I see the pounds drop off. I want to get to BMI 21 this time. Next week, I will start...

How are you doing babe??

You too hun- good luck you know you can! xx

Gaz wont let you forget that one! Did you get your picture done in your WW outfit? xx

Oh WW outfit, being BMI 23-24 I didnt feel comfortable enough to get it done, so this time I will get it done for sure! :) he he
xxxxx

:eek:Thought you was going to say something about WW then. Phewwww!:Dx

I'm good thanks hun. Except I am on restart too :( So mad with myself for putting weight back on ............ but you know the story! Must learn from it this time and make sure those treats only are "for one night only" and be careful for the rest of the time.
Although I am sorry that there are others who have gained and restarted too I must admit it is nice to see the old gang around again. It feels comfortable around here if you know what I mean xx

hey

yknow i watched the same program and i suddenly realised, i couldnt eat wat i wanted even when i get slim!! i honestly thought i could and had beaten myself up for the fact of putting 2 out of the 3 stone back on thinking it was me, well i know it was me but uknow what i mean lol anyway i get where your coming from and it just means we have to be even bordering on obsessive about what we eat when we do get anywhere near target, life will never be the same again but if we wanna be slim suppose we have to just go there! good luck hun jx

hey jackie :)

I am glad you totally relate to this also, I was almost feeling hopeless after putting on my weight again. Watching this documentary made me realise I have a choice to make, either get to goal and live on a strict diet for the rest of my life OR forget the whole lot and eat what I want and be fat and unheathly for the rest of my life.

Watching this made me realise that it is "normal" to watch what I eat every single day and to exercise regulary and that is what I have to to be slim forever.

I know it sounds weird, like I should have know this before, but it really helped me to get to grips with what I have to do to maintain.

I feel so motivated. :)

Good luck to you to Jackie, lets get back to goal and lets stay there! xox

hello strangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its just like old times, good luck to you all restarting Lt you will be where you want to be in no time xx

hey

I'm good thanks hun. Except I am on restart too :( So mad with myself for putting weight back on ............ but you know the story! Must learn from it this time and make sure those treats only are "for one night only" and be careful for the rest of the time.
Although I am sorry that there are others who have gained and restarted too I must admit it is nice to see the old gang around again. It feels comfortable around here if you know what I mean xx

Hey totally get what you mean! We flew through this the last time, and I know for me a big part of my success was down to the great support I got from you and other people on this forum.

We can do this again, and maybe one lesson we should keep is that we should stay on the refeed forum once we get to goal!!!

Good luck babe! Im sure we will be celebrating our losses over the coming weeks!!!

LETS GO!!

Back