Extra Easy My Big Fat Pregnancy Diary

Hey guys!! I'm pregnant, due 29th August 17. I'm really happy about the news. However we started trying and I made it a mission to lose weight, so by the time I became pregnant I'd be slimmer. Well it happened first time and I'm 4 weeks pregnant with my 2nd and I am overweight.
5ft9, 16stone 10lbs and UK size 18.
So obviously guidelines state not to lose weight while pregnant. I rang the midwife to make my first appointment, I mentioned that I was worried about my weight, she said they recommend slimming world to overweight mums and when I go for my check she will get me some vouchers sorted to attend the class. I want to concentrate more on health rather than the number on the scale, I know being pregnant might throw up some challenges but I hope to stick to the plan the best I can. My aim is to minimise the gain. With my first I was a healthy weight to begin with, gained 20lbs during the pregnancy, 2 weeks after the birth I weighed myself and was only 7lbs up from my pre pregnancy weight.
Something about pregnancy just makes me want to be so healthy. I'm going to run with this.

So....it's almost Christmas. I feel I would be setting myself up for a fail to start today. So I am cutting back on processed food but doing my own thing until the 27th and then I will begin!

Have a great Christmas everyone.

So we have to visit Tesco early Friday morning to try miss the madness and do a Christmas food shop. We are just buying what we need for the 3 days.
Then we have a very healthy, slimming world shop arriving 27th between 1pm-3pm. So I am starting Tuesday, I feel really organised. I've planned my evening meals, which include a few new recipes. Excited.

Eugh I know it's 11.30 on Christmas Day but my husband has just taken my toddler out for a walk and it's quiet.
I'm so bloated, I just feel enormous. I've had toast with peanut butter for breakfast, a tangerine. Going to have a late Christmas lunch, then a few snacks this evening.
But decided to start slimming world tomorrow (Boxing Day) So I will be back tomorrow to weigh in and start my food log.

Have a great Christmas all!

Day 1

So far so good, 100% on plan and I'm making a chicken ramen tonight. I'm excited to try a new recipe. The only off plan thin I had was a pack of. buttons 'Fish n Chips' for 6 syns, which was in my allowance. I went to shop and I just felt so faint and dizzy, my daughter kept wanting to be picked up, so once we got in car I opened them up.

Breakfast - Toast, egg, tangerine x 2 (B)
+ Coffee (A for milk)
Lunch - Turkey Salad with jalepono peppers, lettuce, cucumber, pepper, coleslaw (2.5)
+ Mocha (3.5)
+ Skippy Cappucino Muller Light
Dinner - Chicken Ramen - with pods of speed food
Snacks - Fish n Chips Snack (6) Grapes, Quark + Options. (2)

Syns - 14

Not had dinner or the quark yet but that's my planned food.

Pregnancy
I'm just exhausted. I remember this first trimester tiredness from last time, it hits you like a brick wall. I had the freedom of sleeping last time, without a toddler. Difficult to do that now but I try.

Will report back on the ramen later.

The photo doesn't do it justice but this chicken ramen was delicious, tastes just like the Wagamama version. The only problem was the soup didn't cover the veg. Perhaps my bowl was the wrong shape or my veg was extra large, it was delicious non the less.

Unsure if I can share the recipe link on here.

Attachments

• IMG_1928.JPG
    IMG_1928.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
Day 2
Done!!! No cheating yay!
Breakfast - Ryvita and Philly (a&b) with cucumber, + fruit bowl
Lunch - Quorn sausage salad, dressing (1syn)
Dinner - Subway Salad, with turkey and ham, dressing (2syns)
Snacks - variety totalled 8syns + fruit

Total - 11syns
That was short and sweet but I'm exhausted and wanted to check in before bed.

Day 3

Breakfast - toast (b) with Philly (2) and 2 tangerines

Milk - healthy a for drinks

Lunch - Tesco sushi (1) Tesco fruit pot, muller light, crisps (6 syns)

Dinner - Slimming World Tikka Nasala with extra veg and rice

Snacks - banana, apple, quark and options (2), grapes

Syns = 11

This is the tikka masala
IMG_1950.JPG

I should have used chicken breast pieces, but I had some shredded chicken to use up. So this was like tikka masala pulled chicken. Totally delicious. I will used chunks next time as it will be more saucy.
I have some left for lunch tomorrow in a spud.

Pregnancy
Wow?? Exhausted. I've been on my feet all day shopping and chasing my toddler around did, scs and the likes. I'm embarrassed to say I already look pregnant.

Day 4
So today has been tough. I had a SW breakfast, then went out and expected to be home before lunch. At about 11am I had a huge hunger pain followed by a sickness feeling, so had some of my toddlers snack and felt better. We didn't get chance to eat until 2pm and I ended up off plan. Had a hot chocolate (for some reason coffee disgusts me while pregnant) and a slice of cake in Costa.
I tried not to let it ruin my day, in the past one mistake would cause me to binge on all sorts.
Instead I've had pasta with loads of speed veg and quorn sausages (free) a muller yogurt and some grapes.

So although it's been an off day it isn't the end of the world, I put a stop to it straight away and I'm ready to continue tomorrow. If anything it's taught me to be prepared, especially being pregnant.

Day 5
What a write off. Completely binged and pregnancy had nothing to do with it. I was home alone, well with my toddler, most the day. My weakness. Being alone.

I'm not feeling disheartened, just annoyed at myself. Totally back on plan tomorrow and ready to start 2017 with a clean diet.

Hey Hun,

Good Luck with SW :) I binge to Its hard going HUG

Happy new year xxxx

Thanks @jules1981 it was just a weak moment I think. I'm hoping to still get a mini loss this week to keep me motivated.

Planned Day 6

Breakfast - Toast (b) flora light (1/2) apple
Lunch - ASDA Mexican rice (3.5) with pepper, onion, courgette added in.
Dinner - Tagliatelle with turkey mince bolanese. Plan to add any veg I can find. Parmesan cheese (1)
Snacks - Muller Light Skinny Latte Yogurt
Milk for drinks (a)

So I have free foods + 10 syns to play with if needed

The morning sickness is getting stronger each morning, so just trying to enjoy my food while
I can, as I don't know what is to come. Planning a 30min workout later. Going to have a lazy afternoon with daughter and husband. Perhaps watch a film.

Will check in later with how it has gone :)

Day 7
So it hasn't been the best first week but I feel like I've made good changes. Apart from the one bad day I have been sticking to the plan. Occasionally in the morning I do feel starving and have to eat, unsure if that's pregnancy related. Today's plan:

Breakfast - Toast, 2 eggs, mushrooms, chives, tomato
Lunch - Left over Bolanese with pasta.
Dinner - Stir Fry with loads of veg.
Snacks - Banana

So that's the base. I've got all my syns and free foods as snacks to add as I go. I'be gone off hot drinks, so may buy some cheese today for my healthy a. It's not something I usually buy but I do like it.

Good Day!! Stuck to plan. Weigh day tomorrow.
I am very bloated, had to remove my wedding ring as my fingers are bloated lol. So if it's a gain or sts I won't mind. I'm pleased with my progress, one bad day is a huge step forward for me.

You have done well hun :) xxxxx

Day 8

Breakfast
Toast, Flora Light (1), Apple, Green Tea

Lunch
Roasted Veg Cous Cous (0.5) with lettuce, cucumber & dressing (1)

Dinner
Fish Pie with carrots and broccoli
Topped with cheese (1/2 a)

Snacks
Milk for drinks (1/2 a) x1
Banana Pancakes (4 syns for the banana)
Biscuit (3.5)
Some of the left over mash for the fix pie.
Options (2)
Muller Yogurt

Syns = 12

I had a lot of energy this afternoon so I made the fish pie ahead of time, to stick in the oven later. I've been having pregnancy 'nausea' in the early evening, I'm still eating, eating actually helps. But I'd rather not cook feeling this way. So being prepared is going to help a lot. Some of the free mash made a nice snack.

Today I am 6 weeks pregnant. I 100% feel pregnant now. It's a shame that these first few months when you keep the pregnancy quiet is the time you need the most help. I'm exhausted and unmotivated. I didn't do my workout today but I went for a longer 45min walk with the pushchair this morning.

I'm back. I'm now 10weeks 2 days pregnant. Since I began at 4 weeks I have lost 6lbs. I've been trying to stick to slimming world but unfortunately the sickness has taken over, i've been drawn to bread, crisps, crackers and anything dry. So i've lost weight, probably not due to slimming world. Mainly due to eating less.

I'm ready for a fresh start. I'm feeling more like myself, less sick.

Tomorrow planned food...I made the soup today and its delicious. I might not have it for lunch, it might be a snack. Its almost all speed food.

Breakfast - Cheese on Toast (health A+B) + mushrooms
Lunch - Roasted Tomato and Basil Soup, Small Baked Potato with homemade coleslaw (2syns)
Dinner - Beef and mixed bean chilli with rice
Snacks - Latte Muller light with fruit salad................the rest I will plan as I go.

Back