My bottom is like a very busy whoopie cushion!

AbFab

Since starting SW I've been eating a LOT of fruit. :greenapple: I've always enjoyed a lot of vegetables but have never been a big fruit eater. Since starting on the plan however I tend to have the following every day:

Apple
Banana
Melon - lots
Kiwi
Strawberries
Pineapple
Sometimes grapes
Occasionally berries

Since the addition of these fruits however I've become a social hazard. I'm literally a trumpet trousers who actually has to go into the loos in work regularly to let rip! :fear:Also, much to my embarrassment I am only relatively newly married and my gorgeous husband tells me I've been having thunderous episodes in my sleep and letting out long and very loud farts. :stinkyfeet: Is anyone like this? And what can be done about it? :sign0163: Oddly enough I'm also quite constipated for the first time in my life. Does this or has this happened anyone else?

Charcoal biscuits help never had problem myself but that's the most natural remedy

Thanks for that, have never heard of them before. Do you know where I might get some? Thanks!

Peppermint tea usually helps calm my tummy down?

I hadn't thought of that, excellent idea so thank you. Have some in the cupboard so will have some now. Cheers!

I always get this when starting slimming world- a nutritionist once advised that the body took a couple of weeks to adjust to any new way of eating/being etc- and I generally find that after a couple of weeks the horrors (and mine were horrors) settle down even though I haven't reduced my fruit veg/intake.

Hope yours settle down _. If not have you considered investing in a dog to blame ;)? X

I've actually cried laughing at this post. I'm now panicking that I trump in my sleep lol.

I know TMI, but the meat free stuff like quorn mince, morrisons kievs do this to me!! Lol

I'm ok with fruit but I can't eat oranges/clementines etc... They give me the runs!

Lol I wasn't going to mention but since you brought it up.. I'm the same, also I stink so bad! In addition to all the fruit and veg I've been eating, I've also been eating more beans and eggs than usual. My oh has abandoned me for evening snuggles and has set up camp on the other sofa :(

*raises hand* me too. I'm on week 5 and I'm afraid to say its getting worse! I'm hoping its just my body adapting to all the fruit and veg it's not used to (before Xmas I couldn't have told you the last time I ate either)

I can actually feel the wind working its way through my system, knowing what's coming.

Might have to swap my late night Options for a Peppermint tea!

Lol, thanks for your replies ladies. Each one of them made me laugh. It's like we could set up a Farter's Anonymous group in here!

I had some peppermint tea before bed last night and it really helped so thank you for that, certainly calmed my busy bottom down.

I'm the same! I trump like an orchestra! when I eat alot of fruit and veg (especially the usual beans and sprouts but also sweetcorn lol) I'm terrible! I fart day and night and not even silently :( luckily, my man doesn't live with me so it's not too bad.. lol!

N x

I'm struggling with this as well I keep holding it in then my stomach bubbles, whatever it takes for the weight to come off! :sigh:

Guilty as charged :D I don't eat beans, so can't blame those!! Just like Rochelle, I notice that the soya or quorn meat replacements make me a lot windier than other foods!

Great idea on the peppermint tea, must dig some out of the cupboard

Hopefully my "windiness" will settle and I can stop blaming the cat!

Shared this thread with my OH last night and it had us both in stitches! He was wondering what caused my 'problem' and we've now realised its the Alpen bars! lol

I found it took a few months for my body to adjust, the first few weeks were pretty bad, i slept with the bedroom window open. To do otherwise would have caused asphyxiation .

Back