My boyfriends taken the batteries outa the scales!!!! HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Indianprincess, 24 July 2008 Social URL.

1. Indianprincess

Indianprincess Full Member

Start Weight:
    26st10lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(4.01%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world red days
    OH lord, you're all gonna kill me. Im in the 100% club but Ive been making a big poop! Although Im sticking to my points, Ive been weighing myself every god damn day!
    Well Darryl (my boyfriend), heard the scales beep every morning....so this morning I stepped on as I always do and it didnt beep!! OH god I thought Id run the batteries out LOL but no hes taken the batteries out and said I can only weigh myself on Sat mornings.
    Girls I know it sounds silly, but I cannot get out of the habit. Its distructive but I cant stop....well i can now!!! Grrrrrr Now Im peed off with him :confused:
    I will admit my mistake to him soon ;)

PS
    needed to get that out L

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. doubledumplings

doubledumplings Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    lol my hubby did that to be too i just put them in and took them out afterwards just run the water then he wont hear the beeping lol hehehehehe

4. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    Oh girls i wouldnt no what to do if mine done that im on there twice a day!

5. saraian24

saraian24 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Lol get ones tht dont beep! mine dont but ive had 2 days off them and glad i did because im down too a low weight - well for me anyway lol

6. pixiepiratess

pixiepiratess Going From Flab to FAB!

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.82%)
    Diet:
    SW
    My OH sussed i was using mine on the sly to somtimes 4 times a day so he put them in the loft !!!!!!!!!!! ...
    Ive only just had them back since we moved ;) so weigh when he is at work LOL

crafty mare i am! .. so i totally sympathise! xxx

7. LucyLou

LucyLou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.93%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    As a fellow serial weigher I know exactly what you mean! My oh put the scales in the boot of his car once and went to work. I think I shed a stone sweating it out till he got home!

8. SiobhanVon

SiobhanVon Silver Member

God girls, you ought to attend the scaleaholics anonymous...or not so anonymous! You have to drag me on the scale on a Tuesday and the rest of the week it just might as well be an iron to me...another equally hated object that I rarely go near! ;)

9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    You should thank him!! Hes doing you a favour in doing that.

Seriously daily wi's - let alone more than once a day - are SO unhealthy. Keep off the damn things til your wi

And you lot stop giving her sneaky ideas to get round it :whoopass:

Jeez I turn my back for a bit and look what happens :rolleyes:

10. LucyLou

LucyLou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.93%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Yes boss! :worthy:

11. Indianprincess

Start Weight:
    26st10lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(4.01%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world red days
    LOL will do Sandy. Hes told me if he catches me being sneeky, hes guna throw them away and weigh me in Tescos on Sat lunchtimes (when its busiest)!!! The scales there SHOUT out ur weight :eek:
    That scare tactic has defo worked LOL

12. pixiepiratess

pixiepiratess Going From Flab to FAB!

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.82%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Siobhan! ... ive never heard that word you mentioned before ? .... iron ? ... what exactly is it .. my OH has said this word to me before ;)

13. Principessa N

Principessa N Minimins Addict

Diet:
    Anything
    i use the wii fit, twice a day and that takes your weight automatically, don't think he's sussed that out why i'm always on it yet,

14. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

How you doin without your scales lolx

15. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I can totally sympathise - my scales aren't even accurate but I'm still on and off them all the time! Since we've moved I've not had any and it's driving me crazy not knowing if I've lost anything this week - I'll be all the more nervous as my offical ww weigh in now because I have NO idea what to expect!!

The plus side is that not knowing how I've done makes me stick to it more. If I'd got on the scales yesterday and it said I'd lost a couple of pounds, then I'd have spent last night pigging out and not bother to make up the points, heehee. But, because I don't know if I've lost/sts/gained so far this week, I'm too scared to cheat!! I have gone over my points this weekend but I'm FAR too scared to just forget about them, I just have to make up for them today now! If I knew I'd lost weight this week then I'd just check my weight this morning and then not bother making up the points if it wasn't too bad...so I think it's a great thing not to have any scales in the house.

That said, I am just about to order myself some more, hahaha!! I can't help it :eek:

16. MiniMe*Escaping

MiniMe*Escaping Banned

Diet:
    CD
    Hahaha i had to hand over my scales to my sister, she has them in her bathroom now, so if i want to get weighed, i have to go over to her house, and the thought of the effect to get there, gives me the oh well i go do something else instead thoughts!

17. Indianprincess

Start Weight:
    26st10lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(4.01%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world red days
    Scales have disheartned me!

Girls you are gona be so disappointed with me, as I am at the moment. Well I weighed myself yesterday and Ive put on a 3lbs!!!:cry: Im so upset and now Im eating without counting. I stuck to the points all week and saved a few as I went to a wedding on Friday. At the wedding we had a sit down 5 course meal, which were tinie winie and a finger buffet which I only went for once with the little arse (hehe) plate they gave us, I got back and had mcdonalds. Then yesterday I had porridge, doritos, cheese and tomato sandwich and then burger king!!:cry: Why oh why do I do it to myself, I bet I was 3lb plus as Im due in a week or so!!!! Oh lord, well Im back on it tomorrow.Will do a week of kick start, which is ok as I will still be on 29 points. Plus I got my wii fit today to give me a kick up the bum, will try and use it everyday.:D

18. saraian24

saraian24 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hey IP. think it was he takeaways you had that made you gain as they are thousands of calories - why not get the eating out guie and it will tell you how many points a certain food is - even maccy ds etc. Its pretty good,better luck for next week. Im sorry hunni

19. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Seriously this is exactly why you shouldnt jump on the scales before a wi. I honestly cant tell you how many times I have in the past and seen a gain of a couple of lbs but its gone and then some by my wi day.

If youre not doing a VLCD then weighing yourself can be completely self destructive for every reason youve just listed in your post.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay off the scales until your official wi

20. Indianprincess

Start Weight:
    26st10lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(4.01%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world red days
    I promise I will never ever step on the scales unless its weigh in Sandy. I feel awful but I wont give up that easy. Thank u so much everyone for the advice. xx:grouphugg:

21. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Keep smiling and stick with it - you'll be fine x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.