My bumps journey!

Loopy-Loo

Hi ladies,
I'm hoping to join all you mums to be in keeping my gain to a minimum.

I'm 16+3, this is my third baby and my partners first so there's a big gap between my kids and this little one. Also have not had the easiest of starts to my pregnancy between bleeds and a huge ovarian cyst which ruptured before my surgery. I'm still on meds for pain and sickness so not eating well at all and have lost a few pounds since booking in. My plan is to start to keep a diary of my intake and to calorie count, not sure what my intake for the day needs to be whilst pregnant so advice is very much appreciated.

Good luck with all the bumps! x

Welcome and congratulations, they say calories wise you just need to stick to the normal intake of 2000 cals a day, in the 3rd trimester they say to eat an extra 200 cals a day but really depending on your eating habits you might have less and still feel full etc, the baby will take what it needs first so if your not eating enough your body should tell you. My friend has just been refered to a doctor as they reckon she's only eating on average 1200 cals and it's not enough, even though she's gaining weight and I know she's never had a prob with food. So personally I'd say at the very least 15-1700 cals a day but that's just my opinion. Good luck x

Congratulations on the birth of you're baby!

Thanks for the info, I know I'm gettin nowhere near that and really dont want to be messing about with my metabolism so that will give me something to aim for. I guess on the way I will probably find the right balance for me.

I will weigh in on fridays and start from there I think. Hopefully things will keep settling down for me and I can start to enjoy pregnancy!

X

Hello and congratulations,
I stick to about 2000-2300 a day but I had it bad at beginning with hyperemesis and lost 16lbs gained it back when I went on tablets though and been careful ever since, I'm 36 weeks on Friday and only gained 7lbs so far x

Congratulations hun I have anything between 1700-2300 a day I gained 2.9 at the mo eeeekkkkkkkkkkk but long as Millie's healthy I do worry bout my gain il b honest but what can u do about x I do eat my fruit and veg but do eat sweets and choc too ( not now thou due to horrid heartburn ) I have stopped drinking fizzy pop too as this is a heartburn killer x

I definetely feel an improvement since starting the tablets, think I just need to adjust to the fact my stomach can't hold a normal sized meal and I'm goin to have to split meals differently throughout the day.

You should still have the treats! I honestly don't mind how much I gain aslong as I know I have been as healthy as possible along the way lol think I gained about two and a half stone with my two pregnancies and snapped back into shape as I was really young. When I booked in i was dead on 13 stone with Bmi 30 so i was two stone heavier than the weight I would like to get back to. I know iv dropped a few pounds but Il weigh on Friday and work it from there.

Thanks for the all the info, u are all very inspiring x

Yesterday was best day eating wise iv had in about a month and I managed about 1400 calories.

Breakfast
Half rankin soda farl, scrape of utterly butterly, white coffee. (350)

Lunch
Half of a whetherspoons ham, egg and chips and an irn bru. (500)

Dinner
Porridge with semi skim milk (350)

Snack
Half a drifter choc bar (120)
4 tea biscuits (130)
Pepsi max

1450. Still fighting the nausea and sickness but considering I was on a drip last week in hosp as I couldn't keep anything down I'm doing well.

Just do the best you can I had hyperemesis til bout 20-22 weeks and was awful, it's hard forcing yourself all the time to eat you just get the point where you'd rather have nothing don't you xx

It's an awful thing to try and deal with, especially when you have kids and a job. I'm off sick just now but don't know how Il cope to go back.

It's so unpredictable! Today has been pretty bad but I'm still trying to get food in there lol I would quite happily not eat for the remainder if I could, its like food Russian roulette. I hate being sick too x

Yesterdays food
Breakfast
Breakfast muffin, slice of Bacon and cheese. White coffee.

Lunch
Muller crunch yog.

Dinner.
Half a micro lasagne.

Snacks
Half a drifter bar, slice of bread butter and jam.

Think calories sat about 1000. Will add up soon.

Weigh in today 12 st 10lb. Down 4lbs since booking in at 8 weeks. Good luck anyone else weighing in today.

It's my other halfs birthday today so we planning a quiet meal and pics, dreading the meal in case the nausea strikes lol x

I always found just to power through and start eating, it was just the thought and smell etc that made it worse, even of you throw up though your still getting bits!

Dairylea on crackers was one good one for me I managed t keep down I still have it now when I feel sick x

I try that on occasion and it works, sometimes it doesn't haha!

Friday I went out for a tapas meal which was really lovely and I didn't bother adding up what I had.

Saturday started off ok with a breakfast muffin then rest of the day I was really sick, gave up trying to snack and drank lucozade. Anti sickness seem to have stopped working.

Today iv had 4 rich teas and a muller strawberry corner. Feel awful nauseous but will defo try crackers and cheese. Drs tomorro, altho I'm doubtful anything can really be done. Someone has recommended anti sickness bands you can buy from boots, has anyone tried these?x

I 've heard other people say they work even in pregnancy, although I'd completely forgot about those x

I never took anything for my nausea, I was told you weren't allowed to take anything, I wish I'd known/remembered about these though! :)

I was at Drs this morning and to be honest if it wasn't for the fact I was sitting retching while talking to him I wouldn't have got anything.

I really have never felt anything like this, continual nausea and vomiting. I'm so rundown I have cold sores all around my mouth and just feel crap.

Was prescribed those cyclizine so hopefully I will start to feel better and get back to work. Sick pay is a pittance and I need proper wages! My other half is taking his turn getting his degree but works part time too, I feel I don't want to put more pressure on him as he worked while I did my degree. We really put so much pressure onto ourselves don't we?x

hi hun and congrats on ur pregnancy, it sounds like u having pretty rough time at mo but hopefully that will shift soon for u.
im 32+3 and had gained 1stone 8 pound when i lst weighed about weeks ago.i aint weighed since.i try and have between 1700-2000 cals a day but some days i dont count as some days u constantly hungry.

Thank you! You must be gettin so excited to meet ur baby! I'm just starting to feel flutters and it all feels very real now. You don't. have too much of a gain either, well done.

Was feeling so sorry for myself yesterday, had been sick in my car on way home from Drs, was the final straw lol sickness has totally calmed down with my new tablets already so hopefully I'm on the mend. Another interesting thing the Dr told me when feeling really nauseous during pregnancy is never to eat and drink together. A bit hard to get head around but it feels ok so far for me, not sure of the thinking behind it.

Today iv had
Strawberry pop tart, one at 5am one at 10am cup of tea 400.

Iv just woke up after sleeping two and half hours, was up overnight and those tablets make you a bit sleepy. Fingers crossed I'm back even by tomorro.

Back