My C25K Journey

Grunka Lunka

Hi! :)

I tried doing C25K a few months ago. I made it half way through week 3 and then stopped as it got too much. However, I'm giving it another go now so thought I'd record my progress here. (I'm doing this on a treadmill, not in the big, scary world full of people who can see me! :peep: )

I'm now 2 stone lighter than I was the first time I tried it and I think that's making a difference as although I'm still finding it hard, I'm able to walk faster in the intervals and run faster in the running phases. Beforehand I was jogging at 4kph but I'm now doing my walking intervals at that speed and doing the running part at 6kph.

So, I've already done all 3 days of week 1 and I'm starting week 2 tonight. Hopefully it won't be too bad but I did struggle a little with the running in week 1 (managed it all though) so I might have to slow it down to 5.5kph if I start to struggle again.
:whacky068:

Well, I just completed week 2, day 1. It wasn't too bad but I did have to go down to 5.5kph for the running parts. I started on 6kph but couldn't maintain it. 5.5 seemed right but I did up it to 5.7 when I felt like I could. Glad it's over though!

Will be doing day 2 on either Friday or Saturday, whichever day I feel like it. Day 3 will definitely be Monday.

Good luck! I love c25k!

I have just started c210k which I'm also doing on a treadmill. I'm currently on week 5 and i love it!

Keep at it! I'm starting week 6 of 10k tomorrow loving it so far. Have only run once this week which is terrible but I needed a break

Hi all, I have an injured foot and cant walk or run too much. So at the gym I am using the cross trainer. Do you think its possible to try the C25K on that. I see you have 5-6kph as a running rate, what did you walk at? Thanks.

I've not really considered using a cross-trainer for C25K but I can't imagine there'd be any problems with it.

For the walking parts, I set it to 3.5k. Haven't done it for a long time though and doubt I'll pick it up again any time soon. Just not feeling in the zone hehe.

Back