• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

My chocolate bar tastes salty!

Scottishmum

Cambridge Consultant

Scottishmum

Cambridge Consultant
Just the chocolate one.

It's just your tastebuds I would imagine-the original porridge tastes salty to me and I always add sweetener,whereas my friend finds it almost too sweet.

Scottishmum

Cambridge Consultant
You're probably right polishrose, I'm sure it was all in my imagination. It didn't stop me eating it mind you! lol

Scottishmum

Cambridge Consultant
I don't usually have them, usually stick to Cranberry and Peanut myself. I just happened to "find" this one from ages ago.

Well don't have them, they're salty lol.

Luci-De-Milo

is going to do this!
Don't worry, my porridge tastes salty sometimes, as have a few of my bars. It's just something to do with your taste buds during ketosis I think, not sure if there is any salt in CD satchets/bars, but if there is then our tastebuds are obviously picking up on it.

At least I think that's what it is. Lol.

lisalulu

Silver Member
It's just your tastebuds I would imagine-the original porridge tastes salty to me and I always add sweetener,whereas my friend finds it almost too sweet.
Me too Rose, I always have a sweetener tablet in mine as they taste salty to me now but at first I found them too sweet.

I think our taste buds adjust through years of 'bad' food- artifical sweeteners, preservatives and chemicals all alter the way we taste things. I would think that CD would help 'reset' them, and I'd guess that this is why a lot of people find their tastes change too. Some of the shakes I hated at first are the ones I live off now.

Sunshine Singer

Dropped White Sugar & Feeling Fantastic
How strange...i haven't added salt to my food or cooking in years and years and none of it tastes salty to me!!!!!!!!! god i must be weird hahahaha!

Scottishmum

Cambridge Consultant
Ahhhhhhhh, well I'm glad to see I'm not alone in my tasting of saltiness then!

Thanks x