My chocolate bar tastes salty!

Scottishmum

Cambridge Consultant
I'm sure I'm not imagining it. It really does taste salty.

Do you think it could be off. Use by date is 24th June. Has anyone else tasted this.

Maybe its just me, ah well I've eaten with coffee anyway cos I'm a piggy! :p

Just the chocolate one.

It's just your tastebuds I would imagine-the original porridge tastes salty to me and I always add sweetener,whereas my friend finds it almost too sweet.

You're probably right polishrose, I'm sure it was all in my imagination. It didn't stop me eating it mind you! lol

I don't usually have them, usually stick to Cranberry and Peanut myself. I just happened to "find" this one from ages ago.

Well don't have them, they're salty lol.

Don't worry, my porridge tastes salty sometimes, as have a few of my bars. It's just something to do with your taste buds during ketosis I think, not sure if there is any salt in CD satchets/bars, but if there is then our tastebuds are obviously picking up on it.

At least I think that's what it is. Lol.

It's just your tastebuds I would imagine-the original porridge tastes salty to me and I always add sweetener,whereas my friend finds it almost too sweet.

Me too Rose, I always have a sweetener tablet in mine as they taste salty to me now but at first I found them too sweet.

I think our taste buds adjust through years of 'bad' food- artifical sweeteners, preservatives and chemicals all alter the way we taste things. I would think that CD would help 'reset' them, and I'd guess that this is why a lot of people find their tastes change too. Some of the shakes I hated at first are the ones I live off now.

How strange...i haven't added salt to my food or cooking in years and years and none of it tastes salty to me!!!!!!!!! god i must be weird hahahaha!

Ahhhhhhhh, well I'm glad to see I'm not alone in my tasting of saltiness then!

Thanks x

I gave up on eating the bars as they all taste salty to me. Glad to hear you managed to wash it down with a cup of coffee

Back