My clean slate diary

tryin again

So thought I'd keep my own diary on here to try and be honest with myself and keep on track. I'm having technical problems though so not a great start!

For some reason minimins is not working on my laptop and I can't seem to work out how to change my profile and signature extension on my phone so will have to get back to that!

Anyway, I am a serial dieter and have been trying to be slim forever! Certain diets work for me while loosing weight but then it all comes right back. For ages now I've been on and off the Dukan diet loosing loads and gaining loads. I lost 1 1/2 stone for my holiday and have been back for nearly 2 weeks and have gained nearly all of that.

I have a problem with binge eating and it's always in secret, after my children are in bed and I'm on my own. Having been so restricted with Dukan I am actually scared of food now and have forgotten how to eat normally. I have tried slimming world for the last 3 days but by the evening even though I've stayed on plan I feel like I've cheated which has caused me to just carry on eating leading to a binge.

My hope is in writing this diary and being 100% honest about my food, thoughts and feelings it may help me to stay in track. So staring from day 1 again, here I go!

Last edited:
Well day 1 failed! Was really good all day, fruit and alpen light bar for b/fast, egg, bacon, beans and mushrooms for lunch then out for dinner with friends. I chose the best option which was stuffed chicken with new pots and veg although had a creamy sauce and i offered to drive so had no alcohol.

Then i came home and had 4 squares rocky road bars and 5 curly wurly's!!!! I'm ashamed to write it down but i promised i'd be honest with myself.

It's the same problem every day, all goes great till about 9pm then massive binge, if i could just make a couple of days i know i'll be ok as i've done it before. Anyway, new day, going to try again, just done tesco online shop so all meals for the week planned. Fingers crossed i can make it till bedtime without sabbotaging my hard work.:confused:

Aw poor you, this must be really hard for you. Yesterday must have been such a disappointment.
I wonder why you do this? have you any idea? - I believe writing the food diary may help you (I hope it will). Also are you keeping the squares and the curly wurlys in? would it help you not to buy so many e.g. just one of each. Remember any reduction in the food you are binging on will help you. Maybe keep some lower syn treats to hand and something to keep you occupied in the evenings; are you interested in crafts at all? it's hard to sew and eat sticky food at the same time:)
Please let us know if we can help you in any way.
:bighug:
Tina x

I know this sounds silly but could you make batches of free food so that if you want to binge you could eat that? Pasta, noodles, stiirfrys, quiche? Then you could eat to your hearts content, but maybe when you start you wouldn't feel guilty so then you wouldn't carry on?

I know this sounds silly but could you make batches of free food so that if you want to binge you could eat that? Pasta, noodles, stiirfrys, quiche? Then you could eat to your hearts content, but maybe when you start you wouldn't feel guilty so then you wouldn't carry on?
That's not silly at all, it's an excellent idea.

Thank you both for your replies :)

would love not to keep that type of food in but have 2 children who need their lunch boxes filled so i just need to find some will power! I constantly knit, crochet and sew and yes it does help me eat a bit less but i have become quite the expert at multi tasking. Yesterday was better, i think......anyone know the synn value for chocolate digestives??? I mixed quark with chocolate options for a chocolate fix which really helped. Still determined, just need to be able to break the habit i think.

Today is a new day again and hopefully will be a good one food wise. Busy day for me as although not working today i have several craft projects on the go and jobs to do.

Yesterday food

B fast 2x alpen light bars
Lunch eggs, bacon, mushrooms and beans
Dinner roast chicken, dry roasted pots & parsnips with veg
Eve quark and options, 2 sins and 3x chocolate digestives ???sins

Well done you!! on being more controlled yesterday. I think the choc digestives are 4 syns each, so that's not too bad at all. Looks like you are really moving forward now, and sounding much more positive too.
Have a great day
Tina x

Hello!
Are you still there?!
Hows things going you've been very quiet! x

Back