My Colonic... (errr, hopefully it ain't too graphic!)

lighterlifeclaire

Silver Member
OK... I have just got in... I went for my first colonic today after jumping back on the LL badwagon and attempting to shed the 8 remaining stones I've got to lose. I'm now willing to do anything to shift it as quick as poss... so a colonic was booked... and I start PT sessions at the gym tomorrow.

So... how did it go...

Well in my honest opinion I can't say I feel "light" like everyone said I would... it was weird, to say the least and the lady said I done well at staying relaxed but from what I saw, not much came out :eek: (well... until she had finished, and I made my way to the loo... woah)

The long and short... after the process she said to me that I have alot of mucioud (sp?) plaque built up but it was being a pain and wouldnt loosen itself to come out... She said she wants me to go back in a weeks time for a follow up (another £70 :eek:) and also.. twisted my arm into buying some "OXI-KLEAR" - now... im not being funny... but 200 capsules for £38... 2 every night, for 3 nights... and then 3 a night, then 4 a night blah blah blah....... She said that in a weeks time my "plaque" will be "loose" and it will benefit me heaps more... she tried selling me psyllum too... but I said I had it... so she told me to have 1 teaspoon of this every morning too???

One question...... I asked her if it will affect LL and she said "no it will do you good" ... I checked ingrediants... does anyone have any views on what this is going to actually do to me... I'm kinda scared!! They are whoppers, these pills I'm tellin ya!

Magnesium peroxide, gelatin capsule shell, ascorbic acid, citrus bioflavanoids,silica, magnesium stearate... Hmm... so a humble jumble...

Should I go for it or not?? (I've already got um, and paid the £38 but now I'm doubting myself!!)

its my opinion that you don't need these capsules she is trying to sell you. Ascorbic acid is vitamin c so not sure how physically this will help your bowel?? Also it mentioned citric something which is a derivative of citric acid which aint good for ketosis!! At the moment as you have been absteining from food it won't have as much benefit as it would when you are eating or maybe at the beginning of LL.

Probably good every now again but you don't want to upset the delicate balance of your bowel as we all need the mucus and good bacteria to maintain a healthy bowel!!

Good luck Claire and keep up the fabulous work, you are an ispiration to many xx

Thought you should read this claire. (from wikepedia)

Mucoid plaque

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Mucoid plaque or mucoid rope is a term coined by Richard Anderson, a naturopath and entrepreneur, describing a harmful coating of mucus-like material which Anderson claims exists in the gastrointestinal tracts of most people. Medical literature has never reported the existence of any harmful gastrointestinal coating corresponding to "mucoid plaque" among the general public.[1][2][3] It has been described by physicians and researchers as "a complete fabrication without any anatomical basis",[4] a "non-credible concept",[5] and "a bold lie".[6]
Despite the absence of scientific evidence,[1][2][7] mucoid plaque is discussed outside the medical community, especially within holistic health circles and in anecdotal accounts of colon hydrotherapy procedures.[8]

OK... and that means ... lol... ?

ah.. I don't understand all this colon s**t (hahahahaha) ... I think colonics are good because people I know swear by them.. I just don't understand why I'm not feeling any benefits..

it basically means there is no scientific proof whatsoever that mucoid plaque actually exists. Colonics are also well known for causing damage and getting rid of all the good bacteria etc that your body needs.
I personally wouldnt take the tablets and i definitely would not go for another colonic. The risks are too high. (my personal but well researched opinion)

I would leave well alone too. The bowel works beautifully well all by itself. Bacteria is necessary. You said yourself you feel no better! Leave well alone and save your money for a new outfit.

Providing you take the necessary precautions AFTER a colonic, they are perfectly safe. I would always recommend that you use an Acidophilus culture, which can take be taken in a capsule form, for a while afterwards. This will ensure the good bacterial flora in the gut are replaced.

Lamberts do a superb version containing 10 Billion bacteria per capsule, for around £9.99 for 30.

The opinions on mucoid plaque are quite disparate, I however am a firm believer that the colon harbours an awful lot of disgusting yack that accumulates over the years due to poor diet and lifestyle.

There are some quite graphic pictures of what CAN come out of you posted around the net.

I remember reading a few years back that a sceptical Daily Telegraph reporter visited a Swiss detox spa. He had regular enemas and colonics, and - much to his disbelief - passed a glass marble that he remembered accidentally swallowing as a child some 30 years ago. If thats not testament to the cleansing power of the system, then I dont know what is :confused:

Don't know anything about the tablets Claire so sorry can't help you ---- just wanted to say well done on getting the colonic irrigation ... you're insides must be ever so grateful --- wish I could be brave enough :)

Don't know anything about the tablets Claire so sorry can't help you ---- just wanted to say well done on getting the colonic irrigation ... you're insides must be ever so grateful --- wish I could be brave enough :)

Thanks Katie, and well done on the weight loss this week.

First day back on shakes... just had last two of the day and feel so full!!! Ketosis hasn't even kicked in yet!

It's going great.... determined to stick with it.

I'm gunna have one after losing 2 stone - can't wait!

My best friend had one but in a spa where they basically examine EVERYTHING solid ish that comes out of you. She had a rotten piece of steak that she remembered choking on come out - but it was about 5 months afterwards. Thats just wrong!

Are you gunna go for that second one? xxx

Thanks Claire - I'm still smiling :)

Don't worry honey the ketosis fairies will be with you very soon ;)

I'm gunna have one after losing 2 stone - can't wait!

My best friend had one but in a spa where they basically examine EVERYTHING solid ish that comes out of you. She had a rotten piece of steak that she remembered choking on come out - but it was about 5 months afterwards. Thats just wrong!

Are you gunna go for that second one? xxx

I think I will... sooo many people have had great results from them. Was also thinking of going to Thailand once I've reached goal and doing a 7 day fast which includes 2 colonics a day :eek: but thats wayyyyyy far away yet!!!

Saw the fotos of the meet on ur diary btw Leah... you're all looking so beautiful :) Sounds like u had a gr8 time x

Ooooh, i'll come with you!!

Come to the next meet! Would love to meet you properly xxx

She said she wants me to go back in a weeks time for a follow up (another £70 :eek:) and also.. twisted my arm into buying some "OXI-KLEAR"

I reckon you can't go wrong with OxiClean - you can buy it in a tub for a few quid and it gets rid of all stubborn stains. Not sure if you are allowed to drink it though!:)

Not so sure about the actual benefits vs risks of colonics, but one thing is for sure, not everybody evacuates everything. Surgeons regularly find hard cherry stonish material called faecoliths in peoples bowels even though they have had strong bowel prep for days before. They reckon that those stones have been there years! Not enough fibre in the diet apparently. Get chowing down on those twigs now...

Hi Claire …………..I to was like you a couple of years ago, I had heard so much about CI treatments. I went along expecting to feel great/fantastic/light when I came out.................. However I didn’t really feel any different plus I had bought all the gubins they sell as well. I did go back for another appointment after taking the very highly priced tablets. But still didn’t feel any better. I have also heard people raving about it but like 99% of most things what suits one does not suit another. Personally I think your money would be better spent on a nice facial or massage.

Kassyx

Back