My Diary - Alison is losing her marbles!!!!!!!!

alison55

"Losing my marbles"
Hi, I have been following you all quietly for a few days whilst deciding how best to continue my weight loss journey! (I feel a bit like a stalker finding out about you all when you dont know I am here!!)

I have just done an order to S&S so will start as soon as it arrives! I have been following VLCDs for a while now, losing 5 stone on my first, plateauing for a few months so changing to another company, loosing a bit more but have lost a bit of confidence in their supplies at the moment so yet another change!!

I would like to get another 3+ stone gone before a big family party in the Summer.

I am someone who has been overweight since childhood and tried every diet and fad eating for so many years but am now in my 50s and really had enough! I am not going to be fat anymore! So an August target to be a normal weight for the first time in my life!!

I will need support and people to chat to as hubby has no clue about foods/diets etc. This seems one of the friendliest areas on here so hope we can all help each other and have a few laughs too!

Have no idea what I am doing on this blog site so you will have to give me hints about how to add all the fancy bits you all seem to have!

Last edited:
Wow! You have done really well so far to lose so much! This is a friendly forum I think so welcome and good luck with continuing! I am just a newbie only two weeks in! x

Hi Scotbean, you have done amazingly well in two weeks! Are you finding the plan easy and the packs ok? I dont expect to have any great losses as am pretty much going from one plan to another but would be more than happy to be proved wrong!!!

Which plan are you on just now? I'm not finding it easy no! It's hard to stick to! Requires a lot of willpower I don't usually have. I'm sure you know all about that though! Some of the packs are nice you just need to find the ones you like!! Good luck! x

I have been doing AAW8 and prior to that Go Lower! I found after the first couple of weeks it just became a way of life and fits into my day well (I work 6.30am to 5.30pm minimum so packs are easy and quick to have). I have had the odd blip and day off here and there but most of the time have persevered and preferred the food type packs so I feel I have eaten rather than drunk a meal! (Also did LL a couple of years ago and found that hard just drinking, just wasnt for me although worked well for a few months) I have just ordered a mix of the packs that appealed so will try a few different things and see how I go!
Your will power must be helped by the good losses you have had though?

I think cos I've yet to notice any tangible results is hard to equate the losses to anything real! But I'm keeping going.... One day at a Time!! Xx

Think we all vary how much it shows and how quickly our clothes loosen but it will happen. I still wear the same work tee shirts mut there is soooo much room in them now - dont want new ones till they look to awful or till I am a size I am happy with though! Trousers have had to be replaced as toddlers tend to hang onto my legs at worse and cause embarassing situations when my trousers got so loose they could pull them down when they went to sit whilst still holding on to me!!
It will happen soon enough to you! Does help to spur you on though!!

We seem to have a lot of trousers falling down among S & S-ers Alison!! Good luck on your new start, you'll get all the support and encouragement you need here, and then some!

Good luck Alison and welcome. We have a lot of people here who have followed other VLCDs in the past plus others who are new to it all so quite a mixed bunch but everyone with the same goal of losing weight. There are plenty of different flavours of S&S to do in terms of the no. Of food packs and whether someone includes protein or veggies or not and most of us have found a variety that suits us. I'm a 3+veggie girl myself :)

Yes I will need the veggies too, just normalises the meals and stops hubby moaning that I am not eating enough!!!
Thanks for all the replies!
Just cant wait to get started now and interested to see if I get a decent first week loss when just moving from one diet to another! A little voice in my head keeps telling me to have a couple of days off first.......I will try to resist it though! Dont really want to put on a couple more pounds to have to try to lose them again - spent my life yoyoing so am trying to just get the pounds (and stones) off forever now!!

It's funny but if I have a meal pack in the evening the OH says nothing even if I don't have any veg. If on the very odd occasion I just have a shake in the evening he says 'well aren't you eating tonight then?' and can't comprehend that the shake is the same in terms of nutritional content because a shake is just a drink! :)

Hi alison55 x

Great to have you on board x I'm a 3 plus protein and veggies x helps me to eat with my young family which is very important to me and my family life xxx

Ss has a great range of flavours and products x I'm very happily on day 10 and loving it cx

Come use these boards a lot x great bunch here x friendly and supportive they are my rock xxx

Where do I find a list of allowable veggies etc for S&S? Cant see one on their website! All these diets seem to vary a bit and I do want to do it right. Also are proteins allowed twinkabelle? If so are they specific types and quantities? Dont know if I have missed reading something somewhere???????? Want to get it all sorted in my head before the order arrives so I can get straight to it!!!!!

Thank you!
I am one of those people that likes to get things organised in my head, and on paper! have had a file for each of the other diets done with printed off recipe ideas etc made from the shakes. I think its because I work such long days running my business I need to be organised and ready for a meal/pack or will just grab at anything around! Unfortunately because of the nature of my work there is always food around, including cakes and cookies so I have to actively avoid the main kitchen in my house/business and keep my foods (and some for hubby) in a small kitchenette next to our lounge on a different floor!
Sorry about all the questions, just want to get on with it..... NOW!!

Hi there. Its hard getting your head around a new diet isnt it? I havent even had my order but want to get going as soon as it arrives! How are you finding it so far? It is great that everyone seems so friendly on here, makes you feel that you are not alone with the weight issues and the support is there from people who understand! We have both targetted August too, I will weigh when my packs arrive so I have an accurate start weight and can work out my aim to lose amount from that! Be good to share our journeys!

Its hard, but going by everyone elses losses it work it. To be completly honest im finding it hard going at the moment im just finishing up day 5 and my first WI is on Tuesday so you if you start monday you wil be exactly a week behind :)

Oh and remember to sort your stats out and get a ticker , i like seeing the number go down

Will try to get that sorted when packs arrive and I get started so everything is accurate for start date! Good luck for your weigh in on Tuesday, am sure it will be great and give you the motivation you need!

Back