my diary

leeds123

Silver Member
hi all. I did cd back in nov 2008 for about 8 weeks and then i fell pregnant. it wasn't really planned but needless to say i came off plan and had my baby in aug and am now reasy to go back to cd. i need to lose about 3 stone (2 stone would also be v nice) so I started on sunday. this is day 6 for me.

Day 1 - horrible, cold, hungry but feeling positive at the change from eating loads to being in control.

Day 2 - feeling awful, in bed from 6pm onwards as was so headachey and shivery and feeling sick.

Day 3 - expecting the worst day but it was not as bad as day 2. still bad though and headachey and another day in bed.

Day 4 - better day today, but i have to say that feeling a bit down today. last time too for the first 3 weeks i felt a bit emotional and depressed. i think its cos this diet makes you think about why you eat so much and its sad not eating with the family. however, no headaches today and energy levels up again.

Day 5 - feeling good today, positive and not hungry. am feeling energetic enough to do some exercise but will wait until next week to start. Depressed again in the evening and missing eating (but not hungry).

Both day 4 and 5 i have struggled to sleep at night. this is horrid cos i keep thinking about food! pls let this end and for me to be able to sleep again!

Day 6 - today. feeling good. had some water, and a choc shake (the only ones I have). gonna weigh in tomorrow and looks like i have lost 6lbs this week but hoping for some more loss by tomorrow. last time i lost 10lbs in the first week.

anyway, just glad i have got over the hard first week and am looking forward to posting in week 3 and being on top of the world. wish me luck. i am almost glad that i am not a typical returner (ie, lost the weight, gained some back and then back here) and had to break cos of pregnancy. but i love reading all the stories even though i hope i never 'return' here again - no offence, you know what i mean don't you.

This is just a rambling start to my diary, wish me luck, i need it as i miss eating. its no fun doing anything without food in your belly but i hope that once the losses mount up that feeling will help me buzz and keep going. have been lurking since sunday and didn't want to post until i felt better physically and emotionally. for me, half the journey on cd is getting past the first week.

oh, and for the record, i had treat days last time and will probably do so this time. this is the scenic route i know but i have birthdays and nights out in the next coming months which i do not want to miss and so allow myself a break. last time i did cd i had no probs at all in going back on the diet so will see what happens this time round. I have no planned days off until the end of jan. last time i found that certainly after the first 3 weeks or so a planned break re-started everything and was also something for to look forward to. there didn't seem to be much dammage on the scales either, but will see how i feel this time around. bring on day 7... and 8..9...10. XX

day 7 today - weighed in with a loss of 7lbs which i am pleased with. also, had my chicken and veg meal tonight, have every sat off really as need to have at least one meal a week with the family. last time i did cd i found that this one meal had no massive effect on weight loss. so have chicken and veg/salad (unlimited, as in i don't weigh anything) and a nice cuppa tea. so, although am technically off plan, there are no carbs and no really bad food.

back to cd tomorrow so lots of water and my choc shakes. thank god i am one the people who can get back on straight away. I hope i lose at least 3-4 lbs this week. was not in a good head space last night, did a lot of introspective thinking and was feeling really low and v hungry. however, did not give in and went to bed feeling ok, but hungry. last time i did cd i had no hunger pangs from day 4 but this time everything seems to be taking longer.

day 8 tomorrow and will try and post again.

day 8. started with a shake and loads of water, and then another shake and more water. doing well with the water today. am having a ss+ day today with some veg tonight. don't want a big meal but just some cucumber sticks to nibble on. weekends are so hard for me, weekdays are ok. don't know whether to have my third shake and cucumber sticks or to just have the veg....mmmmm.... will see how i feel. its only 4.30 and although i am not hungry i think its the mindset more than anuthing. my brain keeps telling me its time to eat but i am not hungry.

emotionally today has not been too bad. no feeling down or depressed. feeling ok, and just hope i lose again this weekend coming up. am hoping the snow clears too so i can go out with the buggy. weighed myself this morning after last nights meal and am a pound or 2 over what i was yesterday but thats fine. that should come off during the course of today.

if i can just keep myself occupied until next sat i'll be fine. its the sitting idle which brings on 'memories' of food and missing it. i hae to remind myself that i no longer have pangs and am not hungry, but its taking a while for things to register properly. gonna go and get the kids ready for school now (ie do uniforms and get them bathed). then might sit down with a shake. evenings are hard, but have started doing my fitness dvd's now (not much just about 10-20 mins) to pass the time and bring on the endorphins so might do that tonight.

bring on day 9.....

day 9 - i have just realised that this is probably in the wrong place. because i have the odd day off i shouldn't really post on here... does anyone know how i can move the thread????

Back