My Final Chance

orchid74

Well here goes for my final chance at losing the weight i need to get off to enable me to have IVF treatment. The clock is ticking and I have until february 2013 to lose a total of 3stone 12lbs.....I have just achieved a 1stone loss, so need to lose another 2st 12lbs!

I had lost 8lbs by just cutting down on and off since xmas, but now I have decided to go back to atkins style low carb eating as I achieved a good few stone loss going back a few years. I started last Monday (20 August) and on my 1st weigh-in yesterday I have lost 6lbs which I am over the moon with :)

I am determined to do this and decided to write my diary as it may help others as well as helping me......we can all encourage each other
:):)

Hi, welcome to the forum, you have the best reason to stay motivated to loose the weight, if you stick with atkins you can loose the weight before march, good luck.

Hi Sammy

Thankyou. I really really hope i can achieve it - as you say,it is the best reason x

Hi Orchid and well done on your Week 1 loss!

Keep it clean and green, avoid sugar free foods and stick to the rules (at least for the first two weeks) and you should be well on your way to goal :)

Susie

No hope about it - stick to the diet and you can definitely achieve it. Great first week loss, slow and steady from now on but it will all add up. Nice to have you on the forum and good luck!

Thankyou so much for your replies. Seems a nice friendly place :)

Still doing well. Muscles in back of calves and thighs are aching today (really hurt when walking upstairs)......I remember getting this last time i did atkins but eventually passed, so just gotta keep going as it is still early days

Hi aches and cramps can be a sign of dehydration, so maybe up the water intake and also salt... you r doing great

HI Spirit and thankyou :)xx

Hi Sammy, thankyou for that advice......I will be upping my water intake from now on and come to think of it, I hardly have any salt, so that's another valuable piece of advice.....Thankyou!! :)xx

Another pound down today!! That's my 1st half a stone out of the way on Atkins!

Having egg mayonnaise salad for lunch followed by chicken breast & veg for tea tonight :)

Got sugar free jelly & cream on standby if I fancy it lol x

Thankyou scrumbles! I'm trying to up my water intake today, it all helps :)

Thankyou Moonlights!!!

Another 1lb lost this morning - 8lbs lost since starting Atkins. Well chuffed

Walked round a car boot sale for a good 4 hours this morning - felt sooooo much better, far more energy :) x

Well done Orchid!! Great loss! X

Hi Alpaca, thankyou.......wow, i've just noticed your total weightloss!! Amazing! Well done :)x

Thanks Orchid... It was more but have just been on a diet break (read: binge) ... Back on the wagon now and hopefully will lose what I just gained! :) xx

Congrats on the 8 lb loss, you are in the zone.

well done on your loss so far, and what a great motivation you have, it deffo helps to have a goal in sight. I have never set myself goals always felt like a long long way to go, but i should try to think of some smaller milestones i can set myself. You are doing really well!

i used to get the achey cramp feeling when getting up or going upstairs but i am not really noticing that this time, so i guess i am drinking enough and getting enough sodium. for me it was a funny sensation, it didnt hurt just found my muscles tightening like cramp without pain, it happened when i stood up or went upstairs, strangely i quite liked it lol.

Hi orchid and welcome:). If still achey legs try broth (check label) - need salts whenyou start often!
Good luck

Back