My First Post! New to Slimming World

SMCE

Hi Everyone!

I just thought I'd introduce myself, I also have a couple of questions . I'm Sarah, I'm 27 and have been on a weightloss journey for over 1 and a half years. I started with weight watchers which is how I lost the bulk of weight, I lost 40lbs in half a year. Since then i stopped ww and have stayed the same weight but reduced in inches due to lots of exercise. I've recently got married and managed to maintain my weight on my honeymoon which was pretty amazing since I had a 2 course breakfast, 3 course lunch and 4 course evening meal each day and also unlimited wine, champagne and cocktails.
Anyway I don't really need to lose much weight now and don't mind if it takes 4 weeks or 2 years! I just want to reach my target eventually. I also want to start trying for a baby soon and think slimming world offers a healthy eating approach that can see me well before, during and after.

I think that weight watchers is fantastic but as i am now a healthy weight I like the idea of having lots of free ingredients and not having to weigh the majority of the foods I will eat.

I just have a couple of questions :

I know 1/3 is super free for each meal but when it comes to snacks I can have what I want ?(as long as I'm in my allowance) For example if I want a apple or orange then that's fine. But if I have a bag of crisps do I need some super free with it?

I have been making pasta with my pasta machine and use whole meal zero flower and egg. No oil or preservatives. Am I right in thinking I still have to syn the flour? As if that's the case I may stop making my own pasta and buy the dried shop version. Although I believe this version isn't better for my body I want to stick to slimming world 100% because once I start cheating there is no stopping me.

Is it worth buying slimming world magazine? Is it lots of recipes or just stories. I hate the real life stories lol which is horrible of me I know! Just not my sort of read!

Any advice for me? I usually stick to things quite well until I start to get bored. I plan to keep motivated by trying new recipes.

Many thanks all!

Hello hun, welcome aboard!

I'm pretty sure the 1/3 superfree rule only applies to meals, but I may be wrong.

The fresh and homemade pasta will be synned I'm afraid. :(

I don't buy the magazine, nobody needs to with a website like this!! There's a SW recipe section and honestly the amount of recipes in there would last you a lifetime. Somebody always posts new recipes in there too :)

My only advice is to not slack off with weighing your healthy extras, make sure that you KNOW something is a healthy extra before eating it and not just assuming, check your syns before you eat something and finally have faith in the plan! A lot of previous WW goers are always amazed at how SWers get away with eating things without weighing (bar HEs)!

Good luck on your journey :) x

Hello :)
your snacks can be anything as long as it's in your allowance, they don't have to be superfree. It's just your meals that have to be 1/3 superfree. I get the magazine but to be honest you don't need to like Jodieboo said you'll find more on here. The only thing I'd say is always double check the syn value of recipes on here as some of them are old and syns values change. When you get your head around it it's easy to convert normal recipes and make them SW friendly, that's what I do. Read some of the food diaries on here and they will give you ideas for meals and a lot of them have recipes on.
Good luck x

Hiya!!! Im joining tomorrow, but hgave been following the diet for the last 2 days. I enjoy this forum :)

Back