My first pp on conso. Is it the same?

Nina41

Tomorrow is my first pp thursday. Is it the same? Are tolerates allowed?

I would keep it as strict as possible.... but I'm not even there...
:)
Hey, that is a great result!
I'm happy for you :)

In the book (2010 UK edition) Dr D discusses PP Thursdays on pages 130-132, mainly stressing it's importance and the need to keep it up.
I would avoid tolerateds - personally I generally have.

Good luck you will be fine.

I hate them with a vengeance now! Miss my veggies too much! And I also vary the day a bit, as Thurs is not always convenient. Sometimes i find I've got a day when I've done pp almost by accident, so then I count that as it for the week. Think Dukan has become my default mode!

I used to treat PP days as fish and sea food days... and have plenty! In the right season, making up a nice sea food platter is a real treat, and takes AGES to eat! ;)

I agree with avoiding tolerateds... perhaps a nice bath, and a pamper and early to bed curtails the day nicely too ;)

There are plenty of ways of having nice food without tolerateds.

My favourite PP 'treats' are tofu vanilla cream, cheesecake (made with agar). Or baked custards (not made those for a while though)

And agree on the seafood front! Although in Stab you are supposed to watch/limit your intake of salmon (and by extension also other fatty fish like mackerel etc?) - I can't quite recall what the limit is but it still does allow a reasonable sized fresh salmon steak for example.

Oh, I survive really well without tolerates! I was asking mainly because of the wheat bran that I use to make dukan bread before the gym.
I had a galette instead and that gave me plenty fuel for 1h30 min of exercises!

Ahh - I ALWAYS have the wheatbran. It's not a tolerated in my (old) book/head ;-)

So do u have 2tbsp of oat bran and 1 wheat bran? What do you use it for apart from bread?

Just wanted to say congrats! I read last night on conso phase. I had been thinking itvwas necessary to keep rotating pv/pp days. So relieved to read that it was only 1pp/week. It did say no tolerated on pp Thursday and to be extremely rigid with the rules.

Best of luck! Wondering what that first celebration meal was like!

So do u have 2tbsp of oat bran and 1 wheat bran? What do you use it for apart from bread?

Yes every day I have 2+1, regardless of PV/PP etc. later in Stab you're supposed to have 3TB of Oatbran a day.

I have it in:
Porridge! Most days.
Dukan bread in the breadmaker (when I'm organised)
Quick bread or 'muffins' in the microwave
As a base for a dukan friendly quiche
As a topping (with mustard) when I bake salmon / fish
In yoghurt (I like to leave it to soften for at least 3 hours)
As 'crisp bread' (which I then carefully cut so that there is 1Tb oat and 1/2 Tb wheat in each 'bread'. Same recipe with sweetener and ginger as 'biscuits' - those keep well when travelling.

can't think of any more offhand. All those I found in or posted to the recipes forum at some point.

Occasionally I also put it in my burgers when they call for breadcrumbs for binding

Joy, haven't had the gala yet, too scared!!

Anja, with the bread allowance and the wheat, it means we can have TWO sandwiches a day!!! I will have a salmon+quark and a tuna melt!

Back