My first week on the Spark.

This is taken from my blog at Sparkpeople. I didn't want to post a link in case it looked like spamming but I wanted to share this.

Yesterday I found myself doing something no one thought I would do. On the spur of the moment, I decided to do some gardening. I put on my Dad's gloves and removed enough bindweed to fill our recycling bin. I hate gardening normally. I am squeamish about dirt and bugs and hate the work. But something inside me felt a sudden urge to take advantage of the summer sun and do some work.

When I signed up for spark people last week, I had my own ideas and only planned to use the site for tracking. Little did I know by the end of the week, I would be eating 2000 calories a day instead of 1400, taking the dog out every day, and making sure I got 8 hours a night. I have worked out Monday to Friday, enjoyed my food, and been able to avoid taking any pro plus for a few days now.

I haven't even weighed myself as I no longer care about a number on a scale. It's no longer about counting down the days until I can finally weigh myself or having a sneak peak. It's just not on my mind anymore. Yesterday I made for the first time my own turkey burgers. No recipe, just what I had and they were delicious. My acid reflux hardly bothers me and that has helped me to sleep a lot. I have found a perfect bedtime routine after many years of insomnia and Sunday I went into my corner shop for the first time in a year! I can't wait to see what happens after a month!

I must admit that I have not heard of the spark but sounds like your having a good week :) Wishing you the best of luck and looking forward to hearing how you get on x

Aaaahhh I had an account over at spark ppl but I never managed to get to grips with it!! It's a fab site tho.

Back