My fitness pal - carb summary

fat2slim

I am in day 5 and been inputting my meals and shakes into my fitness pal diary everyday, my weekly summary is saying i have had 34% carbs 43% protein and the rest is fat - this seems really high for a vcld, as thought carb would be lower - I've been following the 3 slim and save meals plus 100g on chicken and veg rigorously, I'm now worried i'm not in ketosis, anyone I can compare to? Xx

hmm how many grams of carbs per day though? Im sure most people can have between 70g and 90g before coming out of ketosis and I think 4 packs are about 60g carbs
the fat might sound high but carbs are the enemy here. protein is higher too, in most peoples 'normal eating' they probably eat 60% carbs 30% fat 10% protein

I know what you mean about trying to keep carbs low to stay in ketosis but I think because cals are so low I think they say around 60g. Not sure what fat content should be, but if the weight is coming off don't worry about it. Some days I have had only 2 shakes but 2 small meals one of fish and one of chicken with salad, carbs for that day were only 27g and still only 550 cals. Only still only in my first week, don't think I'm not in ketosis yet, not sue why carbs and cals have been very low.

I did something similar too, with two shakes and two tiny meals and went into ketosis in like two days!
didnt feel super amazing though like you apparently do once in ketosis..just a bit meh

If you go onto Slim and Save website and at the top there is a "Meal Planner & Weight Tracker" if you register and log in you can record your weight etc but also use the meal planner to put in what you eat....it then on the left hand side shows you a summary and what state of ketosis you should be in......i've been having three shakes and a protein meal and they say i should be in deep ketosis!

its really helpful if you do use their website.

0-50g of carbs is deep ketosis
51-70g is what they call "safe ketosis zone"
71-80g is "Warning - Some people may come out of Ketosis"
81g+ is Danger

It says 65g to keep on track
xxxx

Thanks, thats helpful, I hadnt seen the levels of ketosis written down anywhere but I had an idea it was more of a gradient than just ON or OFF.

I spoke to S&S recently and they mentioned to keep carbs under 70g per day.
The allowed vegetables vary, but are all low, I saw a big list of veg and carb content, it was very interesting (as Im a big fan of using my veg allowance!)

My carbs stay around 42-48 ive been tracking it on my fitness pal too

Back