Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

My fitness pal

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by madmads, 31 January 2011 Social URL.

1. madmads

madmads Full Member

Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    I'm sure, if you are lucky enough to have a smartphone, that you'll have the app! I thought it might be a good idea to share usernames as a bit of an incentive?

My username is mbarrett1 if anyone wants to add me!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. nurseberyl

nurseberyl Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(11.21%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I am hannahemilie, will add you!

4. madmads

madmads Full Member

Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    Thanks have accepted you!

5. Shrinking girl

Shrinking girl Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(18.6%)
    Diet:
    Primal/paleo
    Thanks for the recommendation! I've just downloaded the app and it seems quite good so far, apart from a bit of weirdness with adding honey!

I'm a new Rosemary Conley girl---just started today---so this will be really useful I think. Plus I have made the happy discovery that I have 103kcal left for today so I'll have a yogurt with dinner. Hooray!

6. madmads

madmads Full Member

Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    I do Rosemary Conley as well and the app defiantly helps!!

7. solo12

solo12 Guest

Can I be added too please? I'm soon2Byummymummy and I love this app! Is Rosemary Conley working for you? Ive been calorie counting/healthy eating for 4 week I've lost 11lb and although I'm happy with that this last week and a half I've been stuck on 15st and it's driving me nuts! Am exercising more and am generally eating 1200 calories per day (this weekend went a bit crazy food wise including takeaways and alcohol :( ) dont know if I'm eating enough etc ?!?! Advice please??? I'm also starting 30 day shred tomorrow and I really want to a decent result weight/measurement wise :( x
    Ps sorry for gatecrashing - hope you didn't mind :)

8. madmads

madmads Full Member

Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    I've added you!

You are doing really well, at least you've stayed the same and not put on. I had a couple of weeks after the initial weeks losses so keep going, it will be worth it in the end!

9. solo12

solo12 Guest

Thanks have just accepted you - well done on your weight loss! I can't see peoples minimins profile on my phone :D

10. madmads

madmads Full Member

Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    Thanks! I havent updated it for a while because I messes up the maths from stones to just pounds! Maths isn't my strong point! Lol

11. Neonshock

Neonshock Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(19.6%)
    Diet:
    cal counting
    Hey I've been on there for a while, I find it invaluable. I am Neonshock if anyone wants to add me.

12. Relle

Relle Full Member

Oh I just got this app yesterday, my username is Relle19 xxx

13. madmads

madmads Full Member

Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    I'm adding everyone! It's really nice to have so many 'friends' on there! Thanks guys!

14. madmads

madmads Full Member

Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    I've added everyone. It's nice to have so many friends on there!!

15. Relle

Relle Full Member

Madmads. think I just accepted you! It says I burnt over 800 calories doing 170 minutes on the Wii yesterday, that's not true!!!! I wish! Lol! I did 1hr on the wii fit. Anyway, from a nosey aspect I wish we could see 'friends' food intake & calories consumed! Lol, it might give ideas too.
    Are you doing the wii fit Feb challenge too? X

16. madmads

madmads Full Member

Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    Yup that's me!! You can manually change the amount of calories you've burnt on the app when you input via cardio.

No I'm not, I have a tendency to be quite unreliable with it!! lol

17. solo12

solo12 Guest

@ madmads - hi just a quick question coz you following Rosemary Conley - I've joined online today and it says I should have 2000 calories per day to lose 2lb where myfitnesspal telling me 1200? (I'm 15st) is 2000 about right? Just seems a lot but have stopped losing when eating 1200 a day? Thoughts? Thanks is advance for any advice :) x

18. Relle

Relle Full Member

My diary time & calories is correct! It's just the newsfeed that is incorrect! Nevermind eh! X

19. Lil Miss Sunshine

Lil Miss Sunshine WE can do this :)

Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Diet:
    Cal Counting fitnesspal.com
    i joined it,its great i have kept to my calories today wohooo

only one problem, Oven chips 1 g and 100 g is approx how many as i dont have a weighin scales.

my name on it is lilmisssunshine :)

20. nurseberyl

nurseberyl Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(11.21%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I would get some scales! I got some digital ones for a tenner, theyre great couldnt be without them! xx

21. madmads

madmads Full Member

Diet:
    Rosemary Conley
    Hey monkey

I think the amount of calories you should have depends on you current weight and height. When I started I weighed just over 15 stone and I'm 5ft6 and my RC class lady said that I needed to stick to 1500. Now that I've lost a bit I need to go down to 1450.

When I started on my fitness pal it said stick to 1200 so I'm not sure if that's just a standard figure they throw up! I stick to what RC says personally.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.