My food and feeling diary

Committed

Monday

Lunch- tuna with Greek salad and feta plus a spoonful of cheesy coleslaw
Dinner-duck stir fry with broccoli, mange tout and bean sprouts

Tuesday

Lunch - left over duck stir fry with broccoli, mange tout and bean sprouts
Dinner- a slice of hamburger pie made with mince, an onion, mushroom, bacon, garlic with egg, cheese and cream mixture on top ( bit like lasagne)

Wednesday

Lunch- left over hamburger pie and Greek side salad
Dinner- curry made with lamb, 1/4 onion, 1 tomato, 4 mushrooms, curry paste and mayonnaise served with stir fried cabbage and leek

Thursday

Lunch- left over hamburger pie
Dinner- 3 low carb sausages, couli mash with a sprinkle of mozzarella a grilled flat mushroom

Friday

Lunch- left over hamburger pie
Dinner- steak, creamed spinach and a flat mushroom with mozzarella on top
Snack- pork scratching, 2 olives, Parma ham

Overall have enjoyed my food all week, it takes a lot of planning and prep but better than the Cambridge which just depressed me. I haven't lost any weight this week but staying the same after coming off a VLCD I should be happy. I've been drinking water but struggle to find the time to remember to drink it when working, but will try and drink more next week.

That looks like a good week, could you have an egg for breakfast? I find the secret with the water is to have a big bottle by your bed and guzzle loads when you wake up.

Morning

Menus sound good :)

And yes to the water! Hope I've got the science right here but I read that carbs are stored in your body water, so when you go low carb it makes you go to the loo much more often, so you really need extra water to avoid becoming dehydrated - even though it may not feel like it :)

Susie

Thanks guys water intake is going better today I've already had a litre.

Saturday
Breakfast -devilled egg with mayo and cumin and 3 chipolatas
Dinner-chicken wings and green leaves

Unfortunately had a few vodkas with diet coke last night. :-(

On a good note i have upped my exercise and went swimming this week, did 20 laps non stop plus 30mins on the cross trainer. I need to plan exercise into my life to get this weight off. :)

Hi committed, just found your diary. Welcome and good luck:)

Back