My food and thoughts diary

nicnac18

Hi everyone,

I've noticed on other parts of this site that food diaries are very popular so I thought I would start one for myself to keep me on track and if anyone has and hints or tips or if I'm doing anything wrong please feel free to let me know! :)

So today was my Official Day 1 and it has gone well so far - maybe due to how busy I have been but either way I'm still happy!

Started with a half mile swim this morning to wake me up which did the trick! :)

Food wise I have had:
Breakfast - strawberry porridge and cup of tea
Lunch - minestrone soup (lovely!)
Dinner - Lasgne (my favourtie so far) and a cup of tea
Snacks - apple and a muller light yogurt

I am going round to a friends house tonight and I am taking with me a bag of salted popcorn and 2 satsumas in case I get peckish. I will definitely be having the popcorn though as I love it!

Overall I am happy I have stayed away from the biscuits and chocolates despite going food shopping! Hopefully, more of the same tomorrow :)

Thank you! I was a little hungry when I came in from shopping but it was tea time really so when I had my lasagne I was fine :)

Haha we keep ours in the study, they are quite big!

Good luck for tomorrow, the food is so tasty I'm sure you will be fine!

Day 2 - 11th March

Not had the best food day today, made lots of bad choices!

Breakfast - yogurt with chocolate granola
Lunch - Chunky veg soup and yogurt
Dinner - This will be chilli and some rice

On top of that I have had FAR too many biscuits which I'm not happy about but was in a very snacky mood :(

Must try harder tomorrow!!

Yes keep it going I'm sure you will still get a loss at the end of the week. As well as a diet it's a learning curve teaching us good eating habits

Well done keep going

Yeah that's very true. Thank you!

Day 3 is going well so far, so far I have had:

Breakfast - porridge with strawberries and a cup of tea
Lunch - Smoked bacon and bean soup, a muller light yogurt and a cup of tea
Snacks - grapes and 2 rich tea biscuits

Not sure what tea will be yet, I really enjoyed the chilli last night and it was very filling so maybe I will go with that again.

I am also planning on going to the gym tonight as I have the sport relief mile run in 2 weeks!

Got the dentist later this afternoon, very scared.. I haven't been in over 4 years!! :(

Scary dentist I don't like it either :-( good luck

So far your days looking great, I'm really looking forward to switching over to diet chef. :)

Thanks, I hope he is nice to me!

I haven't really been hungry today. You will love diet chef though the food is very very tasty. I am surprised at how nice it is and the portions are generous sizes too

This is all worth it. Today someone at work suddenly noticed I'd lost a lot of weight. That gives you a boost for sure. Am looking forward to going through my wardrobes in a few months, chucking out all the baggy stuff, being able to wear some nice stuff that I haven't been able to get into for ages and going to buy some new clothes. I think it's important to treat yourself if you hit certain goals :)

Not sure why the dentist is so popular at the moment but I have an appt Wednesday! :D

That's great I love it when people notice that makes the effort all worth while.

Defo treat yourself to new stuff keeps you going.

The diet chef 2 weeks worth I have here looks delish!!! Just gotta get this weight off and I'll be joining you.

:)

I'm confident you'll do it with Diet Chef (blimey, I sound like an advertisement for them!). Seriously, if I'd known how it could work for me, I'd have done it soooo long ago! It's also comforting to know that when I get down to my ideal weight, if I feel I've put on a few pounds (and I'll weigh myself weekly/fortnightly in future to keep an eye) I can just reach for Diet Chef for a week or two and that should help me keep on track.

It does look like a really good diet, I struggle to lose on diets due to under active thyroid so that's why I'm on a vlcd slim and save. So come may I shall be posting all my food diarys and things :)

Plus I love granola mmmmmmmmm with natural yoghurt how lovely that is mmmmm :)

Topcat - what motivation that is for you!! I bet you were smiling from ear to ear!

Lots2lose - the Granola and yogurt is really nice, I've never really had granola before but it was lovely and really filling too.

Thank you Phoenyx I am glad it is helping you :)

I decided to have the chicken thai curry tonight instead of the chilli and it was delicious. Even nicer than the thai curries I have bought from takeaways in the past. I didn't read the pack properly and cooked some rice and when I poured the curry out discovered it had rice in it already! Oops.

Topcat good luck at the dentist! My teeth were in a terrible state, got lots of stuff to have done on them over the next few months. He told me he can tell I have a high sugar diet from my teeth so that was all the motivation I needed to give up the chocolate and biscuit snacking - I don't want my teeth falling out!!

Have a good evening everyone and keep going! :)

The rest of day 3 went well I ended it with a bag of salt and vinegar popcorn.

Day 4 going well. I had yogurt and chocolate Granola with a cup of tea for breakfast.
That's it so far as Im stuck in uni till half 3, but will be having a yummy soup and blueberries when i get home!

Sounds so delish. Just the thought of that granola mmmmmmm come on may hurry up lol

Fab day keep up the good work

Haha it will be worth it when you get to May!! It was very nice.

Thank you, im happy with how today is going :)

I've a good selection here the strawberry porridge sounds yum too. The only item I'm not going to like is the pea and ham soup.

So going to give that to my mum,
What's the pop corn like I love salted pop corn and I've got some of the dc pop corn here. Wondered how it compares to the cinema stuff as I'll use that when I go movies.

I quite like pea and ham soup, but I haven't tried the diet chef one but when I do I'll let you know what I think - thought I might be a little biased!

I really like the popcorn and you get LOADS in a bag! I have taken mine to the cinema before and I didn't feel like I missed out at all. I offered it to my friend though and she said it tasted like cardboard but I like it!

I will update my food now as I'm not sure I'll be able to get on again tonight, so today Day 4 I've had:
B - Easiyo yogurt with chocolate granola, cup of tea
L - Coconut and sweet potato soup, blueberries, cup of tea
D - Chilli with rice, satsumas, cup of tea
S - Apricot snack bar

I think after doing a vlcd for 5 months even card board would be a welcomed alternative lol. I know the dog food smells lovely lol ha ha ha

Great day on the diet looking good :)

Back