My Food Diary

Have been doing Slimming World for a year now. Have lost a total of 2 stone 4 pounds. I now weigh 9 stone 10 woohoo! Used to go to the weekly group sessions but now I don't seem to have the time, but I still keep the diet up. I find its more a way of life now, not a diet. Its easy and I never feel hungry. I don't feel that I necessarily need to lose any more weight but would like to keep it off as I'm happy as I am now. I'm starting this diary to see if anybody can suggest new ideas as I strive to find new foods to eat as variety really makes it sooo much easier!!

Saturday 14th August 2010 – Green Day

Breakfast: 2 slices of toast - Nimble brown bread (Healthy Extra B) with Marmite (Free) and Flora Light (2 Syns)

Lunch: Tomato and Herb Mug Shot (Free), Mullerlight - Vanilla Sprinkled with Dark Chocolate (1 Syn), Whole bunch of grapes (Free)

Dinner: Slimming World Chips (Free), Beans (Free) and Tesco Low Fat Cheddar Cheese (2 X HE A)

Snacks: Strawberries with artificial sweetener (Free)

Drinks: 2 x Coffee with skimmed milk and sweetener (2 Syns for milk), 1 x tea with skimmed milk and sweetener (1 Syn for Milk), Diet Coke (Free), Water (Obviously free lol)

Total Syns: 6

Overall a good day but missed out on one of my Healthy Extra B’s – feel full and don’t fancy anything else. Maybe a slice of toast later if I get the munchies.

Sunday 15th August 2010 – Green Day

Breakfast: 2 x Poached Eggs (Free), 2 slices of toast (Healthy Extra B) with Flora Light (2 Syns)

Lunch: Sweet and Sour Noodle Mug Shot (Free) and Raspberry and Cranberry Mullerlight (Free)

Dinner: Roast Chicken – Breast meat (Healthy Extra B), Swede with Flora Light (2 Syns), Sweetcorn (Free), Broccoli (Free), Carrots (Free), Roast Potatoes cooked with Fry Light, Salt and Marmite (Free), Bit of Chicken Skin (3 Syns), Gravy (3 Syns)

Snacks: Whole Bunch of Grapes (Free), Banana and Custard Mullerlight (Free)

Drinks: Tea x 3 with Skimmed milk (Healthy Extra A) and sweetener, Diet Coke (Free), Blackcurrant squash no added sugar (Free)

Total Syns: 10

Doubt I will get hungry this eve but if I do will snack on fruit (apples prob) and drink coffee :)

Monday 16th August - Red Day

Breakfast: 2 x Poached Eggs (Free), 2 Slices of Nimble Toast (Healthy Extra B) with Flora Light (2 Syns), Nectarine (Free), Plum (Free), Orange (Free)

Lunch: Seafood Sticks x 8 (Free), Salad – Tomatoes, Lettuce, Cucumber, Spring Onion, Red Pepper (All Free), Banana (Free), Apple (Free), Toffee Mullerlight (Free)

Dinner: Slimming World “Fry Up” – 3 x Weightwatchers Sausages (1 ½ Syns), 3 x Tesco Reduced Fat Bacon (Free), 2 x Poached Eggs (Free), Grilled Tomato (Free), 2 x Nimble Toast (Healthy Extra B) with Flora Light (2 Syns)

Snacks: Mandarin Mullerlight (Free)

Drinks: 3 x Tea with Skimmed Milk (Healthy Extra A)and Sweetener (Free), 3 x Coffee with Skimmed Milk (Healthy Extra A) and Sweetener (Free), Diet Coke (Free), Water (Free)

Total Syns: 5 ½

Do I drink too much tea/coffee?? Might switch to decaf.

Hey there! Just stumbled across your diary and thought I'd let you know something my C mentioned about maintaining once you've got to target. She said people aren't really encouraged to start ignoring the syns principle, they should stick with the amount they have while they are losing, but they are told to relax about their healthy extras - so maybe not really measuring the milk out every day, or less weighing of chicken/fish/cereal. So have more cups of tea and coffee if you want! Because you're getting plenty of water down you, and you can use more milk ;)

About variety... grab an SW mag, there are some brilliant recipes in there! I love one from a few months ago, Valencian Paella... oh gosh it was lovely! I didn't follow it to the letter - there were lots of different types of meat but I just used chicken - but it was so mouth-wateringly lush! Even if I say so myself :eek: I can post the recipe up for you if you want?

xxx

Oh right - that's great news about relaxing with the Healthy Extras - I will stop measuring etc. but still stick to the basic principals. Would love the recipe as Paella is one of my favs - my mum used to make it for me when I lived at home but hers probably wouldn't be Slimming World Friendly lol. I am definitely going to start buying the mags too as some of the tips in there are very useful! Thanks x x

Tuesday 17th August 2010 – Green Day

Breakfast: 2 x Poached Eggs (Free) with 2 slices of nimble toast (Healthy Extra B) and Flora Light (2 Syns), 1 Orange (Free) and 1 Pear (Free)

Lunch: Tomato and Herb Mugshot (Free), 2 x Ryvita (2 Syns) with 2 x Laughing Cow Lights (Healthy Extra A)

Dinner: Homemade Chicken Curry (Chicken as Healthy Extra B). Free Ingredients: Tinned tomatoes, onions, garlic, diced potatoes, curry powder, mixed herbs. Syns: Chicken stock cubes (2 Syns) – Served with Rice (Free)

Snacks: Vanilla sprinkled with dark chocolate Mullerlight - frozen to taste like icecream (Free), Apple (Free)

Drinks: 3 x Coffee with Skimmed Milk (Healthy Extra A) and Sweetener. Earl Grey tea with Skimmed Milk (Healthy Extra A), Diet Coke, Water (Free)

Total Syns: 6

Wednesday 18th August 2010 - Red Day

Breakfast: 2 x Poached Eggs (Free), 2 Slices of Nimble Toast (Healthy Extra B) with Flora Light (2 Syns), 1 x Pear (Free), 1 x Nectarine (Free), 1 x Plum (Free)

Lunch: Seafood Sticks x 8 (Free), Salad – Tomatoes, Lettuce, Cucumber, Spring Onion, Red Pepper (All Free), Banana (Free), Apple (Free), Toffee Mullerlight (Free)

Dinner: Pork Chop – fat removed (Free) roasted with tomatoes, red onions, garlic, red peppers (all free), Stock cube (1 Syn) dissolved in water and added with roasted vegetables to form a gravy. Mash (Potato as Healthy Extra B) with Laughing Cow Light (Healthy Extra A) and Flora Light (2 Syns). Steamed runner beans, broccoli and carrots.

Snacks: Cherry Mullerlight

Drinks: 3 x Tea with Skimmed Milk (Healthy Extra A) and sweetener, 2 x coffee with skimmed milk (Healthy Extra A) and sweetener, Diet Cherry Coke

Total Syns:

Back