My food/excerise diary - aim to shed the muffin top!

I posted in Healthy Eating, but think this is where i should be!

I've just joined, so thought i would start up a diary and welcome any advice, support etc!

My main goal is to loose around 11lb, shed the 'muffin' top and tone up to feel better, especially with the summer looming! I think i eat fairly healthy but indulge sometimes (meals out, chocolate/cakes and eat big portions). I also need to be more active and exercise as my tummy is my problem area. I have been around 8st6 at my lowest, I went on slimfast as was over 10st and really felt it (im 5ft3). However, i dont really want to be restricted to the shakes as would rather just watch what i'm eating and have 3 regular meals a day.

I've just been out shopping to stock up on healthy things, so i can start properly tomorrow. However, heres how today has gone.

Breakfast-
2 shreaded wheat biscuits topped with strawberries, semi-skimmed milk
small glass of pure OJ

Snack-
Costa coffee latte
aldi benefit choc chip bar

Lunch-
boots shapers moroccan chicken cous cous salad, with a pineapple snack
Packet of walkers star crisp

Snack (was starving when shopping!!)-
choc wafer bar (99 cals)

Dinner-
Homemade turkey fajitas;
cut up turkey into strips, marinated in some garlic, lemon juice, cumin, paprika & chilli
cooked in some fry light along with some yellow pepper, aubergine, onion and mushrooms
served with 2 WW wraps & salsa, tiny but of sour cream.
Had a fresh salad as a side

Snack-
OH left out some choccie bunny, so had a few little bits!!

Total cals from myfitnesspal - 1443. I'm going to try to aim for 1300 a day.

I think i'll really try to reduce my choc/snack intake! I'm going to make up some sugar free jelly and bought Muller light yogurts & cadburys highlights drinks as my eve treats. Going to take homemade salads to work for lunches, with fruit and maybe a yogurt. Also aim to look at dinners for around 400 cals too. Got in some 1% fat milk for cereal (OH hates skimmed!)

Didnt get to exercise today but have invested in some 10 min workout DVDs, belly buster & toning ones, plus we have the xbox kinect we can use.

Okay day 2, my daily food has been-

Breakfast-
Bitesize shredded wheat with chopped up strawberries & milk

Snack-
nescafe skinny latte drink, 74 cals so thought its better than a costa latte at work!
banana

Lunch-
Bit of left over turkey fajita mix with bowl of salad and 1 WW tortilla wrap
walkers star crisps (94 cals & low in fat & sugar)

Snack-
tangerine

Dinner-
Honey chicken stirfry- used a colemans packet which was 175cals for half
used chicken fillets, pepper, courgette, brocoli and a bit of chilli
served with rice noodles, half a pack was 248 cals but i didnt have this much

Snack-
resisted some easter egg the OH was eating and having a cadburys highlights drink! 40 cals

My fitness pal says i've had 1326, so closer to my goal calories. No real exercise today either as got in late as so did OH. But maybe we can have some 'fun' exercise at bedtime :D wonder how much that burns?!

think my honey chicken was actually less calories, the packet was 50g but the nutritional info was based on 100g at 358cal.. so if i had 25g then it should be 88cals? whoop.. means i was under on my cals for today - 1239 :)

Morning

Made my lunch and brought in my snacks ready for today at work. I basically work in an office so dont really get to burn it off much, apart from trips to the printer and to see people! Some choose to take trips up the stairs (16 floors!) each day for some exercise, so i may start too!

So far-

Breakfast-
Bitesized shreaded wheat (50g) with a handful of raspberries & milk - about 252cals

Lunch-
Have made a salad of mixed leaves, tomato, cucumber, betroot with a portion of veg cous cous and a slice of thin ham
Mullerlight yoghurt - vanilla with mint choc i think.
315 cals in total

Snacks-
Banana
tangerine
walkers stars crisp
201 cals in total

Dinner-
Not certain as yet but thinking perhaps of a bassa fish fillet, cooked in foil but with some kind of marinade (any suggestions?) might serve that with new potatoes, asparagus & maybe some mushrooms or something
will check cals once i choose my marinade! Have some hiosin sauce in the cupboard, could use some of that with spring onions perhaps

And i need to get out my exercise DVD!!

ended up having for dinner-

2 bass fillets (defrosted from frozen) which i topped with half a portion of sharwoods soy & sesame sauce and cooked in foil
served with some sweet potato wedges (cooked with fry light & paprika)
some asparagus and steamed carrots
was yum! about 443 cals

Also did 25mins or so of my belly buster DVD, burning 106cals and sweated a bit!

So whole day was 1168 with the exercise :)

now off for a shower and to put a bit of fake tan on for a wedding party tomorrow.. need to avoid the buffet and drink vodka and diet coke!

Thanks!
At work today, but think i'll get off early so i can faff getting ready for later!

Today so far-

Breakfast
Bitesize shreaded wheat & raspberries again

Lunch-
Brought in some homemade couscous salad; mixed leaves, betroot, cucumber, tomato, pineapple ring cut up with half a pack of veg couscous.
Muller light yoghurt
total of 340cals

Have brought in few other snacks but may leave them and perhaps have a light tea. There is a buffet at the party but i must not be too tempted! Plus i think theres 44cals in a glass of vodka & diet coke (a small one anyway!)

Have neglected my diary this weekend... bit of a busy one but kept a log on my fitness pal..

fri -
Ended up going to a friends wedding party in the eve, so had a light dinner of prawn pasta and tried as much to resist the hot buffet of hot dogs, bacon rolls, pizza & cake! I did have a hot dog a bite or two of pizza and a little cake, with 2 vodkas and diet coke - total day was 1375 cals so not too bad after all! Plus i danced a bit at party!

Sat-
Had some friends over for a buffet tea but tried to be good and made healthy tandoori chicken wraps, cous cous and other low fat nibbles. I also did 15 mins of my toning DVD in the morning. Total that day was 1031 cals so under!

Sunday-
Went out for the day with OH, his son and my niece. So ended up walking around a seaquarium and a pier (burnt off a bit there!) I took a little picnic and ate healthy, but couldnt resist one warm donut! however I had a healthy tea of pasta & salad. Total for day 1175 so under!

Today-

Breakfast
Bitesized shreaded wheat with strawberries & milk 271 cals

Lunch-
Have brought in a jacket potato with beans & laughing cow cheese
349 cals

Snacks with me-
Special K mini breaks bag
Apple & tangerine
195 cals

Not sure what to have yet for dinner. Sneakily weighed this morn and think i'm down to 9st so 4lb lost in nearly a week! But i will weigh tomorrow to make it official

Left work & went food shopping..
Ended up having for dinner-
Turkey Bhuna curry (asda good for you jar) with added mushrooms
Few spoonfuls of cous cous
Weight watcher naan
Homemade low fat ratia dip
354cals
Plus 2 maltesers! 22 cal

Total today 1329 so a little over but may do my DVD after all the soaps. Plus I really want more choccie!

Today's meal plan-

Breakfast-
Bitesized shreaded wheat & strawberries with milk again. 267cal

Lunch-
Brought in a salad with 2 slices of ham, a WW tortilla wrap and some homemade ratia dip
186cal

Snacks-
Have had a tall skinny latte from starbucks
bag of special k mini breaks
small-medium banana
258 cals

Not eaten lunch as yet so not sure if i'll have more snacks (!) but thinking of having a healthy spag bol for tea.

Good news though- 1 week down and 4lb lost :)

Had a tangerine & an apple snack pack at work

For dinner I've had-
Spag Bol made with extra lean mince, fresh tagliatelle & a baked portebello mushroom topped with some half fat cheese. I did make a mini garlic baguette with a Ww mini baguette & extra light philly & garlic.. But only had one bit & the OH finished off rest!
Total cal for dinner 481.

I have 28 left now Mmm enough for 2 maltesers!

Forgot to post yesterday but total cals 1283..
The usual for breakfast
Lunch was a salad with tuna & half a WW tortilla wrap
Mullet light yoghurt
Apple snack
Nescafé skinny latte
Special k mini breaks
Dinner was dinner at my parents- few slices of pork, carrots, cabbage, peas & 2 roasties with bisto

Today I've had to travel with work so up at 5.45 & a 3 hr train journey each way :-( have had to bring my own lunch & have done my best to eat healthy! Will post my day later as meant to be listening in a meeting zzz!

Well not long back from trip & very tired. Ended up being 222 cals over my 1300 :( was starving when I got in so had good for you chicken pasta meal 309 cal with side salad. Not eaten anything too bad, just more snacks than norm & a non skinny latte at station.. As was long day. Ah well! May try to be under tomo & do some exercise. May buy Zumba for the kinect, any good?

Iwannachoccie said:
Well not long back from trip & very tired. Ended up being 222 cals over my 1300 :( was starving when I got in so had good for you chicken pasta meal 309 cal with side salad. Not eaten anything too bad, just more snacks than norm & a non skinny latte at station.. As was long day. Ah well! May try to be under tomo & do some exercise. May buy Zumba for the kinect, any good?

Hello! Just read your diary as I'm kind of doing calorie counting and slimming world together so to keep my portions under control :)

Zumba on the kinect is amazing but get the Zumba rush (the second one that came out) not the fitness party as I was warned that one was quite clunky on the kinect. Burns soooo many calories - I did an hour of high intensity Zumba and burned over 600 calories - happy days :)

Hello! Just read your diary as I'm kind of doing calorie counting and slimming world together so to keep my portions under control :)

Zumba on the kinect is amazing but get the Zumba rush (the second one that came out) not the fitness party as I was warned that one was quite clunky on the kinect. Burns soooo many calories - I did an hour of high intensity Zumba and burned over 600 calories - happy days :)

Hi, thanks for letting me know! Yes i did see the reviews for the rush version, so going to asda later to see if they have it! Will try to use it over the weekend so i can have a few treats as its womb week and i need choccie! x

Woke up this morn and felt so tired, started work a bit later and may leave earlier! Feel the need to eat but thinking that i could go home and do some housework as that'll burn off a bit!

Today so far-

Breakfast
Quaker oat so simple - golden syrup porride with 1% fat milk, topped with strawberries
207 cals

Lunch so far
Salad of leaves, pineapple, tomatoes & betroot topped with M&S BBQ sliced chicken
Apple snack pack

Snacks
Walkers star crips
1 half of a flyte bar
1 cut up mango
298 cals

Not sure what to make for dinner, maybe some fish.. 571 cals remaining

Ended up having for dinner-
2 bassa fish fillets with my own marinade (soy sauce, spring onions, honey, garlic & ginger)
With some new potatoes roasted with rosemary & garlic herb
Some broccoli & cauliflower
Asparagus
417 cal

Then had few nibbles of an Easter egg & 4 maltesers!
Total for day 1378

Well lazy morning & afternoon but went out to pics with OH later on, watched battleship which was quite good, fairly blokie but nice looking guy in it so I didn't mind! Then went to harvesters for dinner but tried to be good..

Breakfast-
Bowl of cheerios 30g with milk & strawberries 165 cal
Lunch-
2 grilled low fat sausages, trimmed bacon, grilled tomatoe, scrambled egg whites, tbs beans & piece of whole meal toast. 398 cal
Dinner at harvester-
Grilled chicken breast with pot of chilli, lime, spring onion sauce stuff & new potatoes & peas 394 cal. Had a bowl of Salad & small bread roll but not inc this as left some potatoes & peas
394 cal
Snacks-
Shapers biscotti bars
Walkers stars
Skinny latte
Small glass of wine
400 cal
Total - 1357
But did 45 mins on Zumba kinect, which I liked! Burnt 260 cal :) so under today

Yesterday's food

Breakfast-
Bite sizes shredded wheat with some chopped strawberries & milk
Lunch-
4 rivitas with extra light Philly & slices of ham & cherry tomatoes
Banana
Dinner-
Prawns in black bean sauce, peppers, mushrooms & noodles
Ended up at at charity boxing event all night so had 3 vodkas & diet lemonade & a can of strongbow! Then got home late & hungry so had a bowl of cereal (resisted merry boyfriends massive hotdog!) so think I was over by 60 cal

Yesterday's food-

Breakfast-
Usual shredded wheat
Lunch-
Left over noodles from the other night
Banana
Starbucks skinny latte
Dinner-
Large chicken breast stuffed with extra light philly & wrapped in bacon, with salad & a small portion of couscous
Also had a highlights choc drink & a little bit of Easter egg! Think I just come in on my Cals for day

Weighed this morn & think I've lost nearly 2 lb (say 1.5 as my scales bit funny)

Back