My goal to lose weight forever! :)

5sttogo

I have found SW after a crappy six days on Cambridge, don't get me wrong its a great diet but not for me at all! I was bored and just could not face another powdered meal.
I want to be healthy my avatar is 2 stone ago and about 10 "diets" ago! They don't help and its took me to 27 to realise that which is awful.
The aim is to eat healthy as a family me my OH and my 3 year old son. I want to have a second child and have struggled for the last 3 years the docs wont help until my bmi is under 30. I thought i wanted to get pregnant now but in truth i am happy to wait until next year as i am starting college in august, the beginning of a whole new career i hope!

I will be at group next Monday hopefully but in the meantime we are going it alone with the help of the forum! I bought a few recipe books but they are old ones when it was red and green days what can i add now its extra easy?

Having cottage pie today for tea and green been our first family sw meal!

Sam xx

Boiled egg with 1 slice wholemeal hebx bread black coffee and water for breakfast today yum and only 1 syn. and orange and banana

Lunch spaghetti with philly ham peas mushrooms.

Dinner chicken and broccoli peas bacon and cheese heA

Don't know any syns yet xx

Binged this evening on French fries crisps 2 1/2 packs a pack of strawberry laces g and t and Jim beam :-(

Last edited:
No gain this morning :) and today is going well, boiled egg and a slice of toast and a Satsuma for breakfast. Pasta n sauce made with water and green beans for lunch a Satsuma for snack. Going to have chicken and cheese with broccoli for dinner :) and hopefully no binge!!
If anyone is reading hope you are well.
Sam xx

No gain this morning :) and today is going well, boiled egg and a slice of toast and a Satsuma for breakfast. Pasta n sauce made with water and green beans for lunch a Satsuma for snack. Going to have chicken and cheese with broccoli for dinner :) and hopefully no binge!!
If anyone is reading hope you are well.
Sam xx
Hello and well done for not gaining weight im on exante and will be changing over to calorie counting next week:)

Good luck

Welcome to Slimming World. Well done for deciding to start straight away as well, many people would use the excuse of starting group on Monday to have a huge binge fest up until then.

I'm sure you will get everything explained to you on Monday but just for info there is the new Extra Easy plan which is a combination of Red and Green but the Red and Green plans are still going so make sure you have these explained to you as well.

If you need any help at all or have any questions then just let me know. I follow the Green plan as I am a vegetarian but I've been a SW member for over a year now so have pretty much got a handle on everything. This forum is invaluable and has such a wealth of information.

Oh and your little binge on french fries... these are actually one of the better crisps to have on SW at only 4.5 syns a pack. I'm not sure on the alcohol syns as I don't drink a lot but spirits with a diet mixer is a much better choice than wine or beer. So in all I think you made good choices, just think you could have had a pizza and 2 bottles of wine so don't feel bad.

Best of luck on Monday, let us know how you get on.

Hi, I'm Kate. This is my first reply on a thread :happy096: Well done for getting back on track even though you had a little binge. It's really hard work sometimes. Extra easy is good, it's not very much different. The changes are: you only have one healthy extra A and one healthy extra B, you can eat meat and carbs together as much as you want as long as 1/3 of your plate is superfree food. For example you could have as much spaghetti bolognese as you want (made the healthy way with extra lean mince) as long as you have some veg or salad. Your SW consultant will explain it all better than me :gen126:

I started again on Friday (my SW group is on a Thursday) I dip in and out of it normally but I really want to do it properly. I stumbled across this website and I think it's good to have the support. I was looking for people who joined roughly the same time as me and found your thread :wavey:
Good luck for tomorrow :)

Thanks everyone I am happy that this is the choice I have made its a life choice. I had yoo moo as my syns today 7.5 but it's so yummy! And a bag of mini hob nobs 6.5 syns so used up my syns but did not go over pleased with myself :) Danii good luck with the switch gained 3lb initially but that's just my glycogen stores going back down now xxxx

Stayed the same since sat so far but that's to be expected after coming off a vlcd hopefully by next Monday I will have a loss that's when I will be going to group due to finances this week.

Breakfast is egg and mushroom sandwich using hexb.

Lunch no idea prob pasta

Hi Sam, we have similar stats so I thought I would say hello!

Hello :) would love to join your journey ..im a newbie aswell on my first week and my weigh in is on thursday.

Since we are all newbies we camn start together!!!

Hi again Sam (and hello to the others!) dunno how I'm getting on (think okay) because I only joined slimming world last week and my first weigh isn't until wednesday! I'm doing the extra easy plan so I'm just trying to get my head around it. The only diet Ive done before (a few times!) is calorie counting from home, so this is a whole new experience for me. How are you finding cooking everything from scratch? I'm only on day 5 but already getting tired of passata and mushrooms!

Hi everyone thank you for joining me on this journey. I just eat what I like I had my egg and mushroom sandwich
Lunch I had pasta and sauce with ham mushrooms peas and fat free fromage free mixed it was lovely

I have had quavers and extra bread as syns
For tea I am having slimming world chips and egg with green beans loads of tea coffee and water!

Sam x

Have you got a diary Tink? My first weigh in is on Thursday too. Good luck to you :)

Thanks for letting me join yr journey :) ..Hi miss katie :) im going to start one tommorow hun ... i really think being in a group watching each others journeys is really going to help x

Today is going good but last night :eek: i had 4 slices of fruit toast eek. It just kind of happened :? going to lower my syns until friday to make up for it. I just need to get my head around the treat instead of every day thing.

today i am having a green day:

28g shreddies with milk these a hex a and b
a banana
an apple
lunch is pasta n sauce (my go to staple i have to say) with peas and onions madw with water
tea. not sure yet egg and sw chips maybe

how everyone else
Sam :)

Back