my hair is falling out!

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by mrs bee, 18 January 2009 Social URL.

1. mrs bee

mrs bee doesn't like the rain!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Sine re-starting after an Xmas break my hair has started falling out :(, it didn't happen before! Even my hairdresser commented on how much was in the sink yesterday, luckily it's not obvious as I have loads but still I'd prefer it stayed where it is!!
    Anyone else had this?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kered

kered Gold Member

I read a thread on this last week, have a look back at the older threads.
    I am dreading the hair falling out part as my hair is quite thin.

4. hope70

hope70 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(20.29%)
    Diet:
    CAmbridge Diet
    Apparently it will grow back, and be healthier! My understanding is that it is temporary so hang in there!

5. rainbow brite

rainbow brite ~Starsprinkled~

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.4lb(17.25%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I have (had) hugely thick hair but since coming off LT in Sept it has been falling out by the bucket load. It had me worried but it is just a side-effect of the weight loss. In ketosis the body clings to everything it can, including hair apparently, but a few weeks off the diet and it should start growing back in again. Mine did... but then I went on TFR again lol

6. Cathy

Cathy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Me too, I was in the shower (ours is over the bath) and the bath was filling up, coz there was so much hair in the plughole.
    Everyone says it sorts itself out, so try not to worry. xxxx

7. Angie44

Angie44 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st6lb
    Current Weight:
    19st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.1%)
    I have had this too wasn't sure if it was the total weight loss, the CD or eating again. It freaks me out and then I have to gain control again and remember it is a known side effect and will apparently be ok in the long run.........I keep thinking thin hair for a while thin body for life.

8. blue eyes

blue eyes Positive and focused!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.41%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Mine started falling out in December after coming off lipotrim, I'm hoping now that I'm in ketasis it will stop! XX

9. MiniB

MiniB Here we go again!

Diet:
    Exante
    Haven't had any excess hair loss yet and don't want it! As the more experienced LTers say it is a side effect but should right itself in a little while. Good luck and I hope you are back to luscious locks very soon!

10. fattothin

fattothin Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim 1st time
    BE WARNED

A certain Mr Telly Savalas did LT!!

"Who loves ya baby"
    :8855:

11. MiniB

MiniB Here we go again!

Diet:
    Exante
    Oh well, I always thought Sinead O'Connor had a cool look.

12. MinnieMoo

MinnieMoo Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Loads of mine has fallen out. Spoke to the pharmices and he said it was unfortunetly normal and gave me a long explaination why. I find mine normal falls out about 3 weeks after I have stopped LL and it depends on how long I was on it in the first place on how much falls out. (it's the same theory as losing hair after pregnancy, so i've been told)

I almost got a balled patch on my top right hair line, I have loads of hair and no one has noticed. But the good news i've been told it all grows back perfectly normal.

It's worth it for me as I so needed to lose weight, probably one of the many good reasons you shouldn't go on and off this type of diet too much. :rolleyes:

Good luck

13. chele80

chele80 On a mission

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(26.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Don't worry. I lost loads after coming off LT and it stopped after 3 months. But I don't look any different and my hair is in great condition.
    This time I am prepared for the loss. Don't worry about it or you'll make it worse!

14. minimam

minimam Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(37.96%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Luckily or unlukily depending how you look at it I won't have that problem as I lost all my hair about 15 months ago due to alopecia. I have just started to feel comfortable wearing a wig and what I am hoping is after LT my body is in better condition my hair grows back. :)

15. Pearly

Pearly Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(9.95%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Funny you should say this Mrs B, but since I have been off the diet over Christmas, I have noticed that an awful lot of hair is in my hairbrush and in the shower.

It happened to me once before a few years ago when I had been dieting but it stopped after a few weeks and didn't make any difference to my hair as I have a lot of it. Just par for the course I suppose.

16. cuddlyfairy

cuddlyfairy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Unfortunately for me my hair started falling out within a month of starting LT and continued the whole time I was on the diet. Fortunately I started with a lot but it is a lot thinner now. I noticed in the brief time I refed that I didn't lose any but now I'm back on LT it has started again! My hair brush and the plug in the shower need cleaning out everytime I use them!!!!

x

17. loulouless

loulouless Is a loser :)

Start Weight:
    24st2lb
    Current Weight:
    20st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(14.79%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I think i'll cross the hair loss bridge when i come to it but by the sounds of it nothing to worry about it'll come back phewwwww

18. copog

copog Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(19.23%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi Mrs bee Exactly the same has happened to me since my xmas break loads of it is coming out. Even before that though I was forever removing hairs from my clothing all the time. Luckily my hair is not too thin but if it keeps coming out at this rate I will not be happy.

19. rainbow brite

rainbow brite ~Starsprinkled~

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.4lb(17.25%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I've just finished hacking at my hair to stop it looking thinner lol *puts the scissors down*

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.