Extra Easy My head hurts :0)

Scotmk

Lol, if something when cut into 10 prices is 1.5 syns each, what would the same thing be if cut into 8 pieces?

Ooo looks good, can't wait to try it...

Very excited!

Attachments

• image-3695181685.jpg
    image-3695181685.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 132
  • image-2773935886.jpg
    image-2773935886.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 116
  • image-1279841310.jpg
    image-1279841310.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 122
*Emsie* said:
Looks yummy whats the recipe? Seems fab for 2 syns a slice! :)

I will put recipe up soon, but only if tastes good :0) it has quark, low fat fromage frais and cottage cheese and other bits..

My wife just got home from work and stuck her finger at the bottom and said it's fab :0) and worked out a qtr of it would be 4 syns.. Now that's interesting....

Ok here goes.

Ingredients

For the base

56gm (2oz) bran flakes, crushed (9 Syns)
1tbsp artificial sweetener
1 drop vanilla extract
warm water to bind ingredients together

For the filling

2 sachets sugar free lemon & lime jelly (4 Syns)
½ pt boiling water
255gm (9oz) Quark
454gm (1lb) fat free cottage cheese (sieved or blended to remove lumps)
227gm (8oz) fat free fromage frais
artificial sweetener to taste
2 drops vanilla extract
For the topping

fruit of your choice

Or

Keep a small amount of jelly back, before it jelly sets and after cheesecake has been in fridge for while pour over top for a thin layer.

Method

1. Line an 8" (removable base) cake tin with baking parchment.

2. Bind together all of the base ingredients and spread over the lined base (it doesn't matter if the base isn't totally covered or there are any gaps in it) and bake for 15 minutes at 190C / 350F / Gas Mark 5. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.

3. Make up the jelly using no more than the ½ pint of boiling water. Set aside to cool but do not allow to set.

4. Blend the rest of the filling ingredients together using as much or as little sweetener to your own taste, then refrigerate.

5. When the jellies are cool, blend in with the cheese mixture and pour on top of the cooled base. Return to the fridge and leave for at least two hours. (add jelly to top if you are doing this.

6. Once chilled, eat.

This should be cut into 10 pieces for 1.5 syns, or as I did 8 pieces for 2 syns (just under)

I would put a little more sweetner in mine next time, but great all the same, was very nice.

Also, you can use different flavour jelly, gonna do strawberry next time.

This is not my recipe, I cannot remember where it came from, I think from my wifes SW group.

Attachments

• image-2029560696.jpg
    image-2029560696.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 103
As it's only 13 syns in total it actually works out as 1.625 per slice. I'd probably say that 2 slices/quarter of the cheesecake is 3.5 syns. I know there's not much difference, but even at 3.5 syns for 2 slices it's still 0.25 syns over what you're actually having, lol! Wouldn't want you to be diddling yourself out of syns! :)

dudette2001uk said:
As it's only 13 syns in total it actually works out as 1.625 per slice. I'd probably say that 2 slices/quarter of the cheesecake is 3.5 syns. I know there's not much difference, but even at 3.5 syns for 2 slices it's still 0.25 syns over what you're actually having, lol! Wouldn't want you to be diddling yourself out of syns! :)

I think I added a syn just to make sure of the vanilla, I always round up a but 0.5 just so I never go wrong.... :0)

Now you're talking, goodness my sweet tooths just kicked in! I bet this would be lovely with a thin layer if SW lemon curd on top!!! Mmmmmmm drooling now

Back