My journey - This is the one!!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Marie_D, 1 March 2007 Social URL.

1. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Day 'one' of my diet today and I can't wait to get started!!

The only treat food I will be buying with my shopping from now on will be mini milks for just 0.5 points, the rest of my snacks will be fruit and veg. I want to do this properly this time round. I got into the habit of having a low point meals and using loads of points on snacks (such as low fat crisps, sweets and chocolate). I've never ever been a healthy eater, very very rarely (if at all!) have I ever had my 5-a-day of fruit/veg, nor have I ever drank water...so this time I am going to try to diet AND be healthy, I'm hoping this will make me feel better in myself and maybe even spur me on to do some exercise.

If I'm invited on a night/day out in future I am not going to let my diet stop me from going. That just makes me feel even more isolated and fed up about having to do this, so if I need to have 'a day off' then I'll do that, but I will have a DAY off rather than a week off!

I am also going to stop making myself promises I can't keep, for example - exercising! I have promised myself a million times that I'm going to swim, or walk, or use my lateral thigh trainer, or skip, etc etc, and every time I don't stick to it I feel like I've failed again and end up blowing the whole thing! So, any exercise is a bonus, but I'm not going to plan to do certain things on certain days because I feel that I'm just setting myself up to fail when I do that.

A healthier and more relaxed approach is what I'm going for this time, and I really really think it's going to work!

It's my birthday in July and I have a wedding to go to on the same day...if I could reach my goal by then I will be the happiest person on the planet (exaggerate I do not!!). I aim to reach this by small monthly targets, my March target being 8lb.

So here's to my journey to Skinnyville - can't wait to see you all there!

:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lighterlifer

Lighterlifer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(8.44%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    :) Good luck Marie!! :) xxx

4. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    You sound so positive, and it really seems you've got your mind in the right place! I like your way of thinking... I've been eating so much fruit and veg this week it's incredible! lol However, when I've really wanted a treat I've had one (a mini victoria sponge which was 2 points yesterday).

Sounds like this is the time for you!! :D

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    You sound so positive this time Marie you really do. I totally agree with the idea of having a day off for a special event etc :) Just dont be too hard on yourself with the treats, you dont want to get bored with your menu :)

6. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Ok, you twisted my arm, I will allow myself some treats, lol.

It's OH's birthday in a couple of weeks (which I completely forgot about until today!) so I'm thinking about booking him the day off work without him knowing (I used to work for the same company so know people in his office, so I can get them to do the holiday form for me and make sure no one tells him about it, hehe). I thought we could make a day of it - have a nice slow morning getting ready, have a nice healthy low point lunch, spend the afternoon walking round the zoo and then find a sitter for the little one so me and him and go for a nice quiet meal somewhere (which we NEVER do!). When I've dieting in the past I would never even dream of going out for a meal because that would mean blowing my whole diet etc so I would have gone out of my way to avoid going (and then probably blown it a couple of days later anyway!), but this time I'm not doing that...it's a special occasion so it will be treated as such. This time I'm just thinking about how I can make up for some of the points (i.e. walking round the zoo for a couple of hours for a start!) and then I will use my common sense to make a sensible choice for dinner. I can do that.

The only part of it I am dreading is the 'what to wear' part. Whenever I get dressed to go out, be in to go shopping or to go out for the night, I end up in a real state about my weigh etc and it really really gets me down. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to get around that, but hopefully my diet will be going well enough by then for me to at least have a more optimistic view of it - at least I'm doing something about it.

Anyway...

Today's gone really well. I needed to go to the shop to get some bits of my little girl, so instead of walking over to our local shops (which is literally just across the road from my house and would have taken 5 minutes there and back) I drove to my parents house, parked my car in their driveway and walked to their local shop via their local park. It only took 50 minutes to get there and back, but I walked along the river, went to the shop and then let my little girl have a go on the swings (for the first time! - sooo proud!) on the way back, and I really really really really enjoyed it!! It was such a lovely walk and it filled me with pride to see my beautiful little girl out in the fresh air and giggling away on the baby swings....it was great. It didn't even feel like exercise, not even close, it just felt like I was doing what I should be doing as a mother with a new(ish) baby, and it really was lovely.

So, all is good with me. I feel fantastic :D

Todays menu...

Breakfast

2 x weetabix - 2 points
    WW fromage frais - 0.5 points

Lunch

WW tomato soup - 1 point
    2 x bread - 2 points
    1 x flora portion - 1 point

Dinner

Chicken breast - 2.5 points
    Tesco H/L honey and mustard sauce - 3 points
    Tesco H/L mash potato - 3.5 points
    Carrots - 0 points

Snacks

Milk - 1.5 points
    Options hot chocolate (which I'll have before bed, yum yum) - 1 point
    WW fromage frais - 1 point

19/19...and the hot chocolate and fromage frais in my snacks is only so I can use all my points, I haven't had those yet and I could EASILY go without, but I want to see how much I lose this week by using my exact amount of points every day - I usually fall into the trap of going under some days and over other days.

YEY!!!!

As they say on the McDonalds adverts..."I'm loving it" :D

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hey Sparkle - is it just me or do you hear some clicking noises around here ;)

8. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    You know I was trying to work out what that sound was... I think you're right Starlight.. it does sound a lot like a click!! ;) :D

9. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Hehehe..click click

:D :D :D

10. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hope today is going well for you Marie.

11. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Thanks Beverley, today has been another very good day :)

I've just finished my tesco.com order (it's being delivered tomorrow morning) and I've been VERY good! I haven't ordered any crisps or chocolate for myself, I've ordered 5 different types of fruit instead!! I'm such a good girl, hehe! I've got strawberries, pears, grapes, plums and kiwi fruits, and I've also ordered cabbage, carrots and swede to go with a few dinners through the week too...I'm so proud of myself! As I said before, I don't eat fruit at all usually and I eat very little veg, so this is a big step forward for me - assuming I actually eat it of course, lol. I will, I'm even looking forward to it, I feel healthier just for ordering it!

Feeling very pleased with myself again today :D

I also went out again today. I didn't walk anywhere because the weather was a bit on and off and I didn't want to get caught in the rain, but I did pop out round a couple of friends and it was really nice to get out for a few hours (I usually spend all day every day indoors wrestling with my urge to raid the fridge!). There was even mention of arranging an afternoon and night in the pub, so I'm really looking forward to that. Usually I'd be dreading something like that (the whole 'what to wear' and 'what if someone sees me' dilemma) and I'd make my excuses not to go, but I'm not this time, I'm just looking forward to it...and I'll probably be half a stone or so lighter by then anyway :p

Good good good day. Feeling great and can't wait to see how I get on with my weigh in next Thursday!

Sparkle & Starlight - CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICKITY CLICK!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Todays menu....

Breakfast

2 x weetabix - 2 points

Lunch

Tuna mayo sandwich - 3.5 points
    Walkers baked crisps (so much for no treats, lol) - 1.5 points

Dinner

Chilli & rice - 8.5 points

Snacks

Milk - 1.5 points
    Mini milk - 0.5 points
    2 x mini strawberry meringues (oops, another 'naughty' treat, hehe) - 0.5 points
    Hot chocolate (for before bed) OR ww fromage frais - 1 point

19/19

:clap:

12. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    lol What a great sound ;)

Glad youve had another good day Marie! Im doing all my shopping on Tesco.com. Takes away the temptation element when Im wandering around the store!

Sounds like a nice varied menu youre having too.

Hope your weekend goes well :)

13. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

My Journey - This is the one!! - Day 3, another successful day!

Day 3 almost over and I'm very pleased to say that I've stuck to my diet again...and I've even eaten fruit!! Woo hoo!!

I've been in a really bad mood today AND I've been really bored, plus it's the weekend, so if I was going to fail then it would have been today...but nope, I did it, been good as gold :D

Can't wait til Thursday to see how I've done, I've got a really good feeling about this week.

If I can continue like this then I'll be a very happy girl :)

Todays menu...

Breakfast

Coco-pops - 2 points

Lunch

WW soup - 1 point
    2 x bread - 2 points
    Flora portion - 1 point

Dinner

Tesco H/L chicken tikka masala & rice - 7.5 points
    Tesco poppadoms x 4 - 2 points

Snacks

Milk - 1.5 points
    Fruit 'salad' (strawberries, grapes & kiwi) - 1.5 points
    Mini milk - 0.5 points

19/19 points.

*smug smile*

14. Lighterlifer

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(8.44%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Well done! Keep up the good work. You sound like your on the right tracks!! xx

15. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Oh I am, so you'd better be extra good to keep up with me this week! Hehehe

16. Lighterlifer

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(8.44%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I know! he he! Managed to have my 5fruit and vedge a day and my 8 waters since thursday! But i think its going to be TOM so not hoping for a miracle :-(

17. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I can't drink the water, I just forget about it! I don't like water and I can only really drink a glass if/when I'm really really thirsty, but that's not very often.

I had 3 fruits today, which is blo*dy good going for me! I'll try for 5 tomorrow...I'm determined to be healthy as well as slim.

Hope my determination lasts this time! :eek:

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Lighterlifer

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(8.44%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    You can sount any zero cal liquid in your water count. I read the first book hehe! So 8 cans of diet soda will do as long as you get all your fluids in!! xx

20. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

But diet coke contains caffeine, which dehydrates you, so it's not the same as drinking water. Plus, water passes straight through you, whereas if you add anything to it (ie squash) then it has to go through your digestive system, so it doesn't 'flush' through in the same way...or so I was told by my friend - who was told by her CD counselor - so there's a bit of chinese whispers involved in that piece of information, lol.

21. Lighterlifer

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(8.44%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    did you get the eat wisely book from week one?? Aparantly you can also include tea. I probably drink around half water 2ribena really lights and 2 fanta zero's he he Im not sure about the cafeine in zero but i think its better than diet?? you can even buy caffeine free!!!!

22. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I do drink sugar free squash occasionally, and coke zero, and I use half a pint of milk for tea every day, but I don't count that as my fluid intake because it's all full of cr*p and caffeine, so it dehydrates me more than hydrates me.

One step at a time though, I'm doing the fruit and veg for now, I'll add the water later, lol.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.