My journey to finding the balance

jade.s

Hello all!

I have used minimins since 2010 and have an old diary which I used throughout : http://www.minimins.com/calorie-counting-diaries/165402-jades-diary-third-time-lucky.html however I want to start totally a fresh! I will use this as my new diary to post :)

First of all an introduction.. I'm Jade, 21 years old and I have struggled with my weight since high school. I went from 11 stone to 7 and a half stone in around 2 years. I have posted a little bit about what happened in the strugglers and restarters forum but I suppose I should post it in here as well.

I began a diet in 2010 to go from 11 stone to 9 stone. I wanted to get fit and most importantly I wanted to show the bullies that bullied me throughout high school for my weight that I could do it. I lost weight slowly over a year and I reached my goal in 2010, however I continued to loose weight. This time it was different, before I ate around 1500 calories a day and exercised once in the evening, but then it changed to under 1000 calories, to under 300 calories a day, including several hours of exercise, laxatives, diet pills etc. I couldnt stop loosing weight, I felt that if I stopped dieting that I would regain all my weight and the bullies would have won, I was scared that if I ate normally I would balloon again, and because weight loss was becoming slow I took extreme measures to ensure I could keep loosing weight. I took myself to the doctors and was diagnosed with an eating disorder. I received help for over a year and slowly upped my calorie intake to a more normal one. I gained some weight but then my weight stayed the same at 8 and a half stone and for once I felt good about how I looked. Previously even at 7 and a half stone I believed I was obese.

However recently I have gained a far amount of weight, my eating habits have been terrible, eating a take away most nights, eating out all the time, chocolate every night, junk food throughout the day and no exercise at all. I am now 60KG (maybe more) and I am feeling very unhealthy for it. I feel sluggish and bloated all the time, out of breathe and generally not very comfortable in my own body. I spoke to my doctor about wanting to loose some weight to go back to 8 and a half stone, a weight I feel great about. We both came to the conclusion that I am in a good head space now and trusts that I am able to loose this weight without becoming obsessed again. Unfortunately with these things the worst is always assumed, however I know I am in the mindset to stay healthy, I wont loose my life to controlling calories ever again. I want to go back to 8 and a half stone because I felt happy, and healthy.

I am the type of person that really likes to work out, I really enjoy staying healthy and fit and thats something I am looking forward to regaining through going to gym classes etc. I don't aim to be on a diet but rather watch what I eat occasionally. Instead of constantly having take aways or choosing bad options for lunch etc like Mcdonalds I will choose to have the healthier option, but continue to occasionally have that take away with my friends and family or have one of my mums great roast dinners on a Sunday. I haven't got a goal in the sense of a deadline, this is just something I hope to achieve slowly over time by limiting the amount of junk food I eat and by exercising a little bit.

I will be using this new diary to track my new healthy living regime :)

Today I have had a BBQ, probably not the best idea for someone who is looking to loose weight however it has been planned for some time and I want to enjoy today and not worry so much about the weight at the moment, I am just happy today that I have finally plucked up the courage to say that I want to get healthy again.

Today I have had;

Breakfast; Honey and nut belvita biscuits
Lunch; 1 chicken and bacon wrap with crisps
Dinenr; BBQ - had a fair amount however I did choose an healthier option for a burger bun and I declined all drinks!

Overall for today is around 1600

Hey all.

Just checking in and making note of what I had to eat today.

Breakfast; Shreddies with 125 ml of semi skimmed milk - 207 cals

Lunch; Salad with Levi roots reggae reggae chicken with 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise and lime juice - 317 cals

Dinner; Vegetarian burger with salad and home made chips - 600 cals

Snacks; 200 cals worth

Overall calorie intake; 1324

Last edited:
Back