My journey to lose two lots of baby weight!

Hiya :)

I am fairly new to this however calorie counting is the only type of weight loss method that has EVER worked for me! I am awful with diets and even things like slimming world I cannot stick to! I like the fact that I can balance the calories out with exercise lol!

I have two gorgeous little boys, Samuel-Lloyd who is 2 next month and Oscar-Jack who is now 7 weeks old. I have lost 1 stone 3lb since coming home with Oscar through calorie counting and hope that posting on here will keep me motivated! I am now 11 and a half stone and would like to lose 2 stone eventually, however long it takes!

x

Today hasn't started off brilliantly (putting it mildly!) Other half was on a night shift so brought me home a Mcdonalds breakfast so
Breakfast: Sausage, Egg & Cheese bagel (540 calories) definitely worth it though! was lovely!
Today I have planned:
Lunch: Salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes & spring onion (78 cals) topped with half low fat chicken tikka topper (135 cals) and half low fat egg mayo topper (130 cals) with 3 mini BBQ sausages (57 cals) So 400 cals in total
Dinner: Skinless chicken breast (105) Frozen roast potatoes (123) Cabbage (16) carrot and swede mashed (43) and gravy (61) 348 in total
Snacks: Thorntons summer of smiles - totally addicted to these atm!!! (150), sugar free jelly (8) and low fat custard (93)
TOTAL for the day - 1539. My goal from myfitnesspal is 1430, however going on a walk with both boys in the double buggy for an hour which apparently burns 323 calories!

As you can see I don't eat overly healthily :( I am quite fussy and LOVE chocolate, however I also love to exercise so I'm hoping I can still continue with my weight loss, I have a really bad habit of weighing myself every day too which I am trying to break!

Well today didn't go to plan :(

Ended up going to harvester for lunch and having a salad (approx 350 calories as had a couple of new potatoes, some pasta, thousand island dressing and 2 mini crusty rolls with butter with it) then fried chicken and chips (920) and a honeycomb explosion sundae although I only ate about a quarter of it due to the kids playing up (194 calories). I had a diet pepsi with this therefore total was 1464 calories :(

If I have the same dinner I had planned later on (which I probably will as don't have much else in til I go shopping!) but take out the jelly and custard as I forgot to make the jelly lol my balance for the day will be 2501 eaten, minus the 324 for my walk = 2177 cals, AWFUL!!! Will try and get on the exercise bike, rowing machine and powerplate later once the kids are settled see if I can rescue it, if not, back on the wagon tomorrow!

Subscribing. I know how hard it can be to diet especially with kids . I love chocolate and have it every day. Keep going you will get there in the end! Do u use mfp?

Hi Lisa! Thank you, yes the kids make it so much more difficult especially as my eldest is starting to get really fussy so quite often end up cooking him something really boring like nuggets and chips or sausage pasta then getting a takeaway as cant be bothered cooking for just me lol! How old are yours? I have myfitness pal and its given me 1493 calories a day, it's really surprised me to find out how many cals are in certain things and how much I would just eat without thinking! Do you have a diary? X

Well ended up not having dinner and having an early night (much needed sleep!) did a rubbish 72 cals on the exercise bike first so my food balance was 2004 and exercise 395, total 1609 for the day, not quite as bad :) hopefully better tomorrow though!

Hi, my kids are 5 and 18 months. I often cook them something like nuggets then we have a takeaway. We are going on holiday soon so I'm being super good at the moment. I don't have a diary at the moment. Well done on your exercise. A little is better than nothing.

Aww good luck!! where are you off to? and do you have a lot to lose?

Today has started quite well for me considering Sundays are usually dire as it's the fiance's day off! I've had a grapefruit (82) banana (105) and some thorntons smiley faces as I didn't have them yesterday (150)

May be going to the pub with fiance and kids to watch the football so will play it by ear but will try and make healthy choices!

Hey good luck with your weight loss.

Cal counting is great, I think it fits in with your life a lot better than other diets.

Well done for having motivation with a 7 week old, I was too tired to even think about losing weight for months. My LO is 2 in October and it was only about 6 months ago I started getting serious about weight loss.

xxxx

Hi Littlemiss!

Thank you, I love calorie counting, means I can have treats and still lose weight and don't have to stress about what to eat when I'm going out for special occasions!

My little boy is pretty well behaved thank goodness haha! I am surprised myself with how motivated I have been lol, just want to be able to feel good about myself again. You've done so well with your weight loss! Do you have a diary?

x

Well I didn't have time for lunch today, had a mad day of cleaning and have also been pretty stressed about my tax credits!

For dinner I had a takeaway with my fiance, chicken pathia (292 cals), boiled rice (128 cals) chicken tikka starter (260 cals) and a poppadom (100 cals) totalling 780 cals which surprised me, seemed quite low for such a gorgeous meal!

I've also had some onion ring crisps (120 cals), a can of energy drink (105 cals) and another few thorntons smilies (150 cals) - I said that Sundays are awful for me lol but I have actually stayed within my calories pretty much! 1497 for the day, burned a measly 25 cals on the rowing machine but will try and get back on it later on!

Wow that is low for a takeaway. I may have to get a takeaway tomorrow now. What's best Indian food wise? I was thinking chicken tikka and rice? X

Back