Step 1 Sole Source My Journey To My Target :)

NumptyMum

Time to start a diary I think. Second day for me and I don't feel hungry just a bit cold. Also heard the news this morning there's a bug going around the school so i'm hoping I don't catch it because I catch everything lol. Still have not had any shakes but have had a litre of water and a green tea so far.
The only thing I am finding a bit difficult is not licking my finger or tasting food I am making for hubby or the children but hopefully will get into the habit of not doing it in a couple of days. My baby daughter even tried to stuff her wotsit in my mouth yesterday so had to take it out very quickly:D.
Going to make up a snack for my children and then maybe make up a shake and I think I will have a try of some of the soups but if they are as bad as the exante ones then i'm in trouble because at the moment i'm fine with sweet stuff but I know I will start craving savoury soon so will have to take a risk and get them on tuesday x

Wow that was hard, my son wanted toast for a snack and smell set me off but i just quickly made it and let the kitchen x

Day 2 done 100% on SS. Today I've had:

Fruits of the forest - was ok
Chocolate mint - was ok
Banana tetra - yum

Didn't have time to pick up my smoothie 2 go from the shop but hubby said he will pick it up so hopefully he's got it. Was ok hunger wise and had no headache. Have no funny taste in my mouth yet so know i'm still not in ketosis. Hubby is being cheeky and saying he see a difference already! mmmm:rolleyes:.
I'm already feeling cold and its only day 2, don't know what I'll be like when it is actually cold x

well done for resisting toast NumptyMum, i used to eat so much bread i just loved it. I also do a lot of cooking so licking fingers and checking seasoning has been tough not too but you do get use to it, so stay strong. Congratulations on passing day 2 :D. And feeling the cold more then usual is a good sign and can means ur in ketosis but yeah not looking forward to when the cold weather hits, i think a lot of layers will b needed.

well done for resisting toast NumptyMum, i used to eat so much bread i just loved it. I also do a lot of cooking so licking fingers and checking seasoning has been tough not too but you do get use to it, so stay strong. Congratulations on passing day 2 :D. And feeling the cold more then usual is a good sign and can means ur in ketosis but yeah not looking forward to when the cold weather hits, i think a lot of layers will b needed.

Lol I love bread but it doesn't love me, it always bloats me up x

Day 3 done and dusted and its been a hard day on willpower but I got through it. Kinda feel sad as tomorrow its Eid and I won't be able to join in anything to do with food and its my daughters birthday on the 15th so won't be able to fully join in then either.Oh well I wont be on cambridge forever and can enjoy these things again next year.

I have the horrid taste in my mouth so definitely in ketosis and I've had to force myself to finish my packs. Today I've had:

Strawberry
Butterscotch
Apple and cinnamon porridge
1 green tea
1 coffee with 1 sweetener tablet
3 litres of water

I didn't like any of the packs today, had to really force myself especially the porridge which I found too sweet. Have one more porridge to try but I dont think I will getting them again. Off to bed night x

Hi numptymum well done for making it to day 3 and ketosis. It should get a little easier now. But this diets all about one day at a time :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi numptymum well done for making it to day 3 and ketosis. It should get a little easier now. But this diets all about one day at a time :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks hun it definately is about taking a day at a time and in my case sometimes an hour at a time lol x

Today has been a funny day not 100% SS but I am proud I didn't eat the whole house as usual. While preparing food for my family I had to taste the food as it was for eid and I did nibble on some fried snacks and also had a few small pieces of mutton and chicken but it was just nibbles and not wodge the whole down my throat like usual. I also didn't as usual think oh I've eaten now might as well eat the rest of the day and restart again tomorrow. I did knock myself out of ketosis but I think its on its way back as my mouth is starting to taste yuck again and I feel stuffed from my third shake and water. Here's what I had today:

Maple and pecan flavoured porridge (yuck, yuck, yuckkk)
Chocolate shake (yum)
Strawberry tetra (yuckkkkkkk)
Few nibbles of fried snacks, a few pieces of chicken and mutton.
1 green tea
1 black coffee with a sweetener
3 litres if water

I hope I haven't damaged my weightloss too much for this week and my lovely hubby has thrown the leftover food in the bin so no temptation for me tomorrow. Today has shown me I can control myself and hopefully by my daughters birthdays on the 15th this month I wont pick at her food and take my husbands offer of tasting food.

I was thinking of trying the soups but after having the porridges I think I might just stick with shakes and maybe more ready made ones as they are really convenient x

Hey NumptyMum, we all have hiccup along the way but you did amazingly for only having nibbles and for getting back on it, i know when i had my hiccup it lasted 2 weeks and i gained 5 pounds, but I think you will still see some loss on the scales, when is ur weigh in? and its tough i have a fast i'm doing this month, along with it being diwali soon:cry: but as hard as it is i hope i can stay focused on why i'm doing this and i will have next year to celebrate diwali. I've increased my water to 3.5 litres a day and have found it fills me up so much, so maybe try drinking more when its ur daughters birthday. Hope today is a good day?

I always find festivals really hard, I just want to dip into all the tasty food:D Thankfully there is no Eid/Diwali party at my daughters school this year for me to dip in. Is it a one day fast or more? Thats the right attitude, next year just imagine a much more slimmer you enjoying Diwali x
My daughter birthday is on the 15th of October and as its a school day we will have a little party at the weekend so that will be a real test for me but thankfully I have nothing after my daughters birthday until Christmas which is another testing time for me lol. I drink 3 litres of water which really helps keep me nice and full x

Day 5 completed 100% on SS. Today I have had:
Cappuccino shake (this is my fave, loved it yummm)
Banana shake (yuckkkk)
Strawberry tetra (last one thankfully yuckkk)
1 green tea
1 black coffee
3 litres of water

Today has been a busy day with the housework so that helped after yesterdays blip. Tomorrow is going to be very busy so I dont know when I will be having my shakes as currently I have a timetable of when to have my shakes and water so that I fit everything in and around my children. Mmm will have to see what tomorrow brings x

yea can totally relate especially when your preparing the food too, i'm sure before I used to eat a meal while i prepared food and then would sit down and have a meal lol but yep I am going to be strong. Yes it's a one day fast thankfully on the 11th Oct so planning one waking up early having a shake, bar and 2 litres of water then to break my fast might have soup and a litre, so fingers crossed be ok. I used to just about manage 2 litres but my consultant emphasised the more I drink the more I lose son since Friday been having 3 litres and stuck to it :). Just two more days and you will get to see your results are you excited? and yeah it is so much easier when you keep busy, I have started crocheting which has been fun and i'm enjoying while I apply for jobs.

Lol thats so like me I used to pick so much while I was preparing food it was like a meal and then sit down and eat another meal! Phew only one fast and your plan for the day sounds good. Its so true about the water, when i was doing slimming world before I had my daughter I would always lose good if I had 2 litres plus.
I am really looking forward to weigh in tomorrow, I get weighed at 6 so its gonna be a long day x

Day 6 done 100% and I've had a bad day. Don't feel well at all. I have caught the bug from my daughter and I got soaked in the rain this morning which has made my body ache. I didn't want any of my shakes today, I just wanted to lie down under my duvet but I forced them down me :)
Here's what I had today:
Toffee and walnut shake - yummy
Vanilla shake - yummy and will add coffee in it next time
Banana tetra - I did like this but don't like it anymore
1 green tea
3 litres of water

Weigh in tomorrow and I can't wait x

Good luck on your weigh in chick. I can totally relate to the tasting food for your family and licking your finger. I have done this so many times and am like arggggghhh as soon as I do it! Ha ha ha. Can't wait to see your results for 1st week weigh in. Xxx

I never used to drink much water at all but i'm getting it down me. And well done for sticking with it even though your not well, that's determinations and good luck for tomorrow i'm excited for you lol.

Hopefully this diet will also get us out of that habit of eating while cooking lol, and wow fairy557 your loss in so motivating well done :D

Progress so far
Started 4[SUP]th[/SUP] August – Weight 17 stone and 3lbs
Week 1- Lost 10lbs
Week 2- Lost 3lbs
Week 3 and 4- went off the diet :mad:
I restarted with a new consultant on the 5[SUP]th[/SUP] September and gained 5lbs
Week 1 (again) - Lost 9lbs
Week 2 – Lost 4lbs
Week 3 – Lost 4lbs
Week 4- Lost 3lbs (15.3)
Week 5- ????
Total weight loss 28lbs :D

Aw I'm on my phone so don't know if my weightloss is on the end of my posts. I did lose a lot but put some back on. Was on this diet 2012 I think. I stopped stupidly but am now back on it as of last fri. I was weighing in at 16st 9. Gutted I have put on as I was doing so well but I have nipped it in the bud. First weigh in on Friday! Eeeeps!!! Xxx

Well least your back on it and doing something it, it's so easy to gain weight. How are you finding it?

Since fri I ain't had a day where I have done it 100%! I feel so ashamed but I have to be honest with myself. I ain't had massive binges or anything it's been ham and chicken I have picked on but I really want to have a day where I am 100%. Not having sweetner or milk in my tea I'm missing. I do feel lighter though and am peeing loads. Can't wait to see that dark colour on the ketosis sticks. I have started my own diary tonight as I think it will help xxxxxx

Back