My journey to slim and happy...

slim_and_happy

Silver Member
:D
Hello everyone.
So The day has come (well, nearly) and I'm about to embark on this journey. I've ordered my month's worth of packs and I'm starting tomorrow.
I'm going to do the simplicity plan and I'm planning to lose about 25kgs.
I will weigh myself tomorrow (sigh) so I will know how much exactly I've got to lose. To be fair I've developed a slight fear of scales so I'm not quite sure how much I weigh. I estimate it's something around 100kgs
A little bit about my journey so far.
I've done lighter life 3 years ago and have lost 4 stone in 3 months. I managed to keep it off up until June last year.
Sadly I suffered a miscarriage that then resulted in break up of my relationship in July and that spiralled things out of control for me :(
I fell into a big depression and started comfort eating big time.
Result: most of the weight I lost has gone back on.
I've decided to try a vlcd diet again as I know it works and it suits me. So for the next few months I will be a frequent guest on here trying to share my journey with you all.
Wish me luck and I look forward to reading all your success stories (and struggles) on here!

M x

Good luck hope you have a fab week . I did something similar a few years ago and lost 5 stone and sadly gained 3.5 stones so its time for me to get a grip and like you it's the only kind of diet that works for me. I feel I have let myself down big time and feel sooooo miserable. G x

Last edited:
Ok. So day one!
I've just weighed myself and sadly I was right. I weigh 100kg exactly!
I refuse to beat myself up over it though. It is what it is and I'm doing something about it.
My packs have been delivered to my workplace and I'm on a late shift so I'm going to have a coffee and lots of water this morning and a pack when I get in to work.
I weirdly look forward to them. I'm comfortable with having them instead of food. I actually prefer to think of them as nourishment. Not meals. I want to be able to remove the eating part from my life at the moment while I figure out how to stop comfort eating whenever life kicks me in the butt.
I've been exercising quite heavily for many years now so I plan to continue doing so and hopefully have enough energy to keep up.
Have a good day everyone.

M x

Thank you Lou! It's been a tough year but I'm ready to move on. I'm doing counselling as well which really helps. Now I just need to get my weight under control. I remember how great I felt with all this weight off. How much more fierce and confident I was. That was the real me. This fat slob is not!
I'm getting me back! :)

Hiya, popping in to subscribe and to lend support where and if I can! :D
You and I started at around the same weight, though sadly I'm a short-ar5e at 1.63m! :p

I'm sorry you've had a rough time of it in regaining - I've had some trauma which broke my brain too... Losing weight and learning how to deal with the mundane every-day struggles is one thing, but knowing how to deal with massive events such as relationship break-ups or death in the family are not something someone can even begin to prepare for... So, honey, don't feel bad, it's not your fault. :hug99:

You are a very strong person to begin this journey again, it's not an easy commitment, but I know you'll get through it and this time it will all stay off for good!

x

Here to follow :)

So sorry you've had such a hard time Hun :( good luck on your Sns journey xx

Thank you all very much for our support. I appreciate it :)
So day 1 is done and dusted. Overall it's been ok. Felt a little hungry in the late afternoon but it was nothing I couldn't handle.
First impression of the packs. They're not bad! Porridge could have been a tad sweeter though. I didn't order any shakes this time as I did them almost exclusively when on LL and to be honest I think I've been scarred for life lol
All day I've been thinking though.. Have I made the right decision to go back on a vlcd?
When I lost the weight on lighter life I swore I will never ever do it again!
I'm concerned I'm going to look like a total hypocrite.
Actually no. I've just read that last sentence and I realised how petty that sounds. I'm a grown ass woman who is capable of making her own decisions.
At that time I honestly felt vlcd is the last thing I'm ever going to do again as I was convinced I will never need it again.
Thing is. That was then.. This is now. Now it feels right.
I know in my heart of hearts that I need it right now. There is a reason why I stumbled across the slim and save website a few weeks ago.
I refuse to look at myself as a failure. Not anymore. Last year kicked my ass to say the least and frankly I am tired of lying down getting a beating!
It's time to take charge of my life and start feeling good again!
:)

Loving the determination and willpower! Make it through the first week and it will grow from strength to strength. :) If anything the VLCD thing is good for feeling like you have some control over your life back, sounds weird, but if you can control how well you stick to it - emotions sort of become a little more controllable and recogniseable too. It's amazing how much gets muted with food around. I guess, prepare for some stuff to come floating up every once in a while and developing tools to deal with them. Face those demons! :D They're not so scary if they're really looked at properly.

Packs - I always put two clicks of sweetner in my porridge. I have also been put off shakes for life, plus I find they don't fill me up at all. I also stay away from bars for the reason that they aren't satisfying enough + way too sweet.
Try the Chicken Curry Noodle Soup, it's fantastic :) That and LL Minestrone are my staple lunches. Dinner is doubled up meal pack - they're all really lovely. LL has a lot to learn!

Don't be afraid to make this diet work for YOU. It's not the end of the world to have a planned night off once in a blue moon - this diet is not a prison sentence. I'm taking this slow and steady - with the occasional night off. So feel free to experiment, maybe even mix it up in a few weeks, have 3 packs and a protein meal as a treat. :) No harm done to diet, but nice for a change!

x

Minerva you are spot on with your advice. I feel empowered and in control. Day 2 for me and I look forward to having the oatmeal for breakfast.
Not so sure about the chicken curry but do let me know how it tastes Lou!
Have a good day everyone x

Afternoon everyone. Day 2 is going well. So far at least. No signs of headaches or hunger today either. I'm hoping by tomorrow or sat the latest I'll be in ketosis.
I'm trying to equip myself with all the mental tools I had when I did this last time but at the same time I'm planning to start preparing myself for the 'after' so that I don't end up making the same mistakes and put the weight back on.
The biggest challenge I have is figuring out how to stop this vicious cycle of emotional eating. Why can't I stop?! Why can't I just say no? It's as if there was this button that gets pressed and I switch into an auto pilot mode. Knowing full well what I'm doing is harming me.
Oftentimes I keep thinking maybe secretly I'm sabotaging myself because I'm scared of the new reality. I've always been overweight. That's all I know. When I lost 5 stone a few years ago I felt great but I took it for granted. I didn't know how to appreciate it. Almost as if I didn't deserve it.
Hmmm... Food for thought (pardon the pun)

Day 3 and I'm ok. Slight headache but nothing major. I woke up today feeling a little overwhelmed. The enormousity of the 'task' ahead of me is daunting to say the least. I'm going to carry on taking one day at a time. I will resume my exercise routine from Sunday as well so that should keep me busy...
Have a good day everyone x

Back