• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

My kitchen best friend......my pressure cooker

fillymum

synful soul
S: 107kg C: 85kg G: 79kg BMI: 33.2 Loss: 22kg(20.56%)
I love my pressure cooker. A chicken cooked in one along with lots of carrots, onions, peppers and a stock cube,etc. is tender, moist and delicious. I blend the veg and the stock and make soups.
I would not be without it. It certainly isn't used everyday but for cooking tasty tender meat it is a boon.

Whoops forgot to say, leave the stock in the fridge overnight and all the fat rises to the surface and solidifies. Remove the fat and you have a tasty, fatfree base for whatever soup takes your fancy.

Sue.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
S: 14st5lb
I love mine too. Soup takes no time at all.

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
S: 22st0lb C: 19st7lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 55.1 Loss: 2st7lb(11.36%)
I haven't had a pressure cooker for years now, we were caravanners when the children were young, and it was wonderful for cooking in the small space of a caravan kitchen.

I have been thinking seriously of getting one again, but what with having a steamer, halogen oven, slow cooker and microwave, I'm not sure whether I would get the use out of one.

But, I am still thinking about it...........

Meli

Gold Member
S: 13st11.6lb C: 13st11.6lb G: 8st8lb BMI: 37.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
It's a shame that I have a really small one (bought it really cheap from Asda) and still have not used it.

S: 15st11lb C: 15st4lb G: 11st11lb BMI: 39.1 Loss: 0st7lb(3.17%)
i make a mean stew in mine and also use the pan to boil spaghetti as I cannot manage to make it without the pasta sticking togeterh and a mate told me that my pan was not big enough lol

fillymum

synful soul
S: 107kg C: 85kg G: 79kg BMI: 33.2 Loss: 22kg(20.56%)
That's just what we are having tonight, a delicious beef stew cooked in the pressure cooker.............

Sue.