My life is a constant battle between my love of food & not wanting to get fat

GoNads

I love food. Junk food. And stupid amounts of it. I'm great at dieting. I'm also very clever in putting all the weight I've lost over a matter of weeks, back on in a matter of hours.

I'm a Slimming World target member and have been since May 2009.I love the gym, favouring Zumba, Body Pump and Spinning. I like writing lists. I am all or nothing. I get obsessive.

Thought I'd write my food diary - hopefully someone other than me reads this. If not, no biggie!

oh & I'm a complete novice at all this forum bizzle!

Hi! I'm very much the same. When I'm good, I'm really good but when I fall off the wagon, i do it big style. I'm a terrible binge eater and just eat for the sake of it!
I'm down nearly 3.5 stone, it's been hard but I'm getting there! Good luck to you in your journey x

the problem with food , is that we cant just stop eating.

any other addiction is treated with complete cutting out. like alcohol, or cigarettes. i often liken my over eating to that of a drug addict (not intended to offend anyone whatsoever, if i do i wholeheartedly apologise in advance)

you wouldnt give a drug addict a small amount of drugs every day. but as we need to eat, that is exactly what we have to do. we have to exercise a massive amount of will power just to eat the right things and to not overeat. its a hard thing to retrain the mind.

Hi you have written what I have been thinking lately I just love food all types and when I loose I do it steadily over time in a sensible way but I put it back on at the speed of light!!

have you researched sugar addiction?

I am sure there is more to it but it could be a factor.

Well done with staying at target for so long - that is an amazing achievement especially when it is a constant battle.

This is exactly what I'm like, I'm glad I'm not the only one! None of my family is like it, so I thought I might have some junk food obsession or something. It's really hard to live with, but I'm trying to take control of things! Thanks for posting this, it's rice to know it's not just me! :)

Snap!! I love food! Anything from salads to currys. I can be really good or really bad. I too tend to binge. If I have a bad day I think sod it Ill eat everything I don't usually have now and then start again tomorrow, But then I have a taste for the 'good' stuff and it takes me a couple of days to get back on track.
I think I'll be battleing with my weight all my life to keep from getting bigger and bigger and sometimes this thought overwhelms me and I think whats the point and eat! But ultimatly I'm not happy so I'll keep on trying, maybe one day I'll get threre!

Back